• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the only reason why I would want it is for others (and I guess for the Switch to get a big game?)
yeah rockstar open-world games do nothing for me. would be good news for 3rd party support tho, other than capcom of course cuz they won't care.

IIRC Nate said it was the year of miracles.

So Eternal Darkness 2 is still possible!
It's the "year of miracles" according to Nate. Though I think he's only talking about third party games.
365 days of miracles? that's far too much if you ask me.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Any more Halo hints? That one I still find REALLY hard to believe even with the NintendoxMS stuff right now, but I do trust Zell

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
We still dont know what the canned game to be resurrected was. Still think MML3 is way more likely than Scalebound though
Unless Imran was the only one to heard about another specific one, Nate Drake, Jason Schreier, Liam Robertson and other journalists all assumed Imran was talking about Scalebound since it's a rumor that has been circulating in Nintendo circles since june 2018.
It's Scalebound. Doesn't mean it's true, Jason Schreier said it sounds bullshit, but Imran was talking about that Scalebound rumor. When he started to bring that subject, every journalists came to talk about those weird ass rumors about a Scalebound revival.
Kinda like what happened with Star Fox GP. Someone dropped it, and everyone said "yeah this is a thing that has been circulating for months among Nintendo insiders".

Sep 29, 2019
Any more Halo hints? That one I still find REALLY hard to believe even with the NintendoxMS stuff right now, but I do trust Zell
Saber Interactive did say they are working on new games for the Switch. It could be something from Halo, seeing the work they had on it, or just another port of another game, just like they did with Vampyr and TW3, or even World War Z. This is the only other "hint", or rather, speculation that i have about Halo on Switch.

Sep 29, 2019
Also, since when is Metro Redux coming to the Switch? Is this something that has been talked about for a long time? PEGI rated it for the Nintendo Switch recently.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
This is very interesting.
Is someone so kind to point out these hints?

A lot of insiders voted for team January, and Nate said he's heard of a game that makes a January Direct far more likely now. On top of that, Nintendo needs to reveal their fifth Smash fighter ASAP, Animal Crossing marketing is starting, Splatoon is teasing something, and a Platinum developer said we'll get some big news early this year (probably Bayonetta). There's also the weird SKU situation, where there's still a ton of unannounced games for the Switch currently inside Gamestop's database.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, since when is Metro Redux coming to the Switch? Is this something that has been talked about for a long time? PEGI rated it for the Nintendo Switch recently.

I think that's when it became a thing lol. I haven't kept up on it.

So, what kind of miracles are we talking herw? 1rd party, 3rd party...FFXIV party? :)

From the sounds of it it sounds like he's referring to 3rd party games.

Sep 29, 2019
I also wonder what possibly happened to Pikmin 4. Has it been hinted by someone as coming or even as still existing? I think it's so weird that Miyamoto said Pikmin 4 said development was almost over... Nearly 5 years ago. Did they dump it, or restart development?

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I also wonder what possibly happened to Pikmin 4. Has it been hinted by someone as coming or even as still existing? I think it's so weird that Miyamoto said Pikmin 4 said development was almost over... Nearly 5 years ago. Did they dump it, or restart development?

Emily said that it restarted development a little while back. It's still coming.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I like RDR2, but I still can't imagine that it gets ported before GTAV. That would be some EA-level nonsense right there.

This is the right time to cash in on RDR2's popularity, which will be gone in the near future. GTA on the other hand is always super popular, it's never the wrong time to release it. I can see Rockstar releasing it late into Switch's lifetime where there are fewer other releases around and higher install base means maximum sales. You can't do that with RDR.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
When do you think Animal Crossing New Horizons development begun? Since it's made in the same EPD group as Splatoon (but Animal Crossing don't share much devs from Splatoon team i think).
I would guess late 2016.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I'm actually genuinely surprised that none of their iOS ports are on Switch

GTA III
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Chinatown Wars
Max Payne Mobile
Bully Anniversary Edition

All of them updated with small stuff here and there, perfectly fine games to port to the Switch or any other system. And yet...
Kinda glad they aren't on switch, at least this way I can pretend that if they were it'd be for an even remotely reasonable price...

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every time a year ends without Mother 3 news.

tumblr_nw91keCOO61tzr9z1o1_250.gif

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
What are the chances of them showing Bayonetta 3 in the January direct with a release date within the year? Astral Chain also had a pretty short time between its first reveal and release, like only half a year. And Bayo 3 was announced ages ago.

My personal wish would be a new Project Zero/ Rei/ Fatal Frame game, but I would also take a collection of the old games (including the previously untranslated 4th game).

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm tellin' ya, that *miraculous* Earthbound Remake (or something Earthbound related) is a-comin'...
I'm definitely expecting something Earthbound related this year.
lol, oh man, you've just unleashed the beast now.

From the man himself:
That would require more than a miracle.
Sorry, everyone.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
What are the chances of them showing Bayonetta 3 in the January direct with a release date within the year? Astral Chain also had a pretty short time between its first reveal and release, like only half a year. And Bayo 3 was announced ages ago.

It's pretty likely, IMO. Someone from Platinum is promising big news early in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.