• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Am I the only one who wants WarioWare from IntSys? Not a gimmicky one, a traditional, buttons only WarioWare. Some brutal modes like superfast mix or 3. difficulty mix. And all the friends should be there, including yours truly.

Maybe they could add full fledged 3D extra games like they did in the first game with Pyoro and Dr Wario. I'd like a Crazy Taxi knockoff featuring Dribble and Spitz. And maybe mini Sekiro game with Kat and Ana. 9-Volt Pro Skater? Or a Dr Crygor game involving... toilets.

They should just make it about Wario making games for old consoles or something...have traditional ones like you describe in GameCube and GBA levels, have Wario Ware Twisted and Touched callback levels with handheld gyro, a Wii based level with the joycons. Each one combines some classic Wario Ware games with brand new ones in that control style, then there's Switch based ones taking advantage of the full breadth of the systems controls too, doing some wacky shit like sliding the joycons on and off and putting the switch on the table and stuff.

"Wario Ware Ultimate" basically but I doubt it would happen lol.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
They should just make it about Wario making games for old consoles or something...have traditional ones like you describe in GameCube and GBA levels, have Wario Ware Twisted and Touched callback levels with handheld gyro, a Wii based level with the joycons. Each one combines some classic Wario Ware games with brand new ones in that control style, then there's Switch based ones taking advantage of the full breadth of the systems controls too.

"Wario Ware Ultimate" basically but I doubt it would happen lol.
I mean

that's pretty much what WarioWare Gold was, right

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the three non-Switch "available sku"'s are amiibo? Those typically come in three and they've yet to start on the Smash Ultimate DLC line

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Some fun predictions for this year (don't look deeply into these)

-Mario Odyssey 2 will be announced for 2021.
-Breath of the Wild 2 will release in November.
-Nintendo Kart is real and will feature third party characters at or after launch (Sonic, Pac Man and Mega Man)
-Crash, Ryu Hyabusa, Sora and Dante will come to Smash before the end of the year.
-Camelot is making a new Mario Golf with GB RPG elements.
-Intellgient Systems is making a new Paper Mario that will be a sequel to Thousand Year Door.
-Pokken 2 is happening.
-Fire Emblem Warriors 2 is happening and will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the franchise.
-Bayonetta 3 will release this year.
-Pikmin 3 is coming with new story content that will lead into Pikmin 4.
-Mario 3D World is coming and will feature an extra world.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019
It still blows my mind that one year ago today, we had no idea any of the following existed:

Astral Chain
Mario Maker 2
Link's Awakening remake
Tetris 99
Ringfit Adventure
Cadence of Hyrule
Ori and Cuphead on Switch
Official translation and release of original Trials of Mana

I have absolutely no idea how Nintendo/the Switch could follow up a set of surprises (and, just great ideas) like that. To me, that's the most exciting part of everything to come. Yeah when more Pikmin stuff and 3D World and Odyssey 2 show up it will be great, but to me what elevated 2019 to be a cut above other years wasn't Luigi and Fire Emblem, (regardless of how good they were), it was seeing Tetris 99, Cadence of Hyrule, Ringfit, etc. and realizing what incredible but completely out-of-the-blue ideas they all were.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'm ready for the January Direct hype cycle. I'm pretty okay with not getting anything for a few months to catch up on my backlog, but I'd like to see some good stuff starting after Animal Crossing.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Hoping for a Smash shadow drop even though I doubt it. At least we'll finally get to see Fighter Pack 5.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018

-Nintendo Kart is real and will feature third party characters at or after launch (Sonic, Pac Man and Mega Man)
-Crash, Ryu Hyabusa, Sora and Dante will come to Smash before the end of the year.
-Intellgient Systems is making a new Paper Mario that will be a sequel to Thousand Year Door.
-Pokken 2 is happening.
-Fire Emblem Warriors 2 is happening and will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the franchise.
Solid predictions, but i don't know about Odyssey 2 announced for 2021, that's too far and don't forget Mario games are announced very close to their launch.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I'm really intrigued to see if Nintendo are capable of bringing the entire Xenoblade cast back together.

Jenna Coleman is obviously the big question. Her absence would hurt the game (if they need her for new voice content that is).

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
That would be great!
Also maybe you can find a way to include the picture directly into this thread, that would look much nicer. I only posted it on reddit because somehow uploading the image didn't work for me lol
no prob, thanks for the chart

alright everybody for reference here's the original Reddit post:

and here's the image:
1z4rqof9e7841.jpg

exciting times ahead

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's quite a bit of new SKUs! Reset the clock boys, hoping for a W101 related announcement being one of those SKUs

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
9/1 or 16/1 seems likely then..

But when ever there's 2 likely dates.. it feels like it's always the second one that turns true so I'm betting on that ;P

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

-Pokken 2 is happening.

This list is bae. I'd be fine if Mario Odyssey came next year if we got 3D World, Nintendo Kart, Pokken 2, BOTW2, Paper Mario 4, and Warriors 2 this year.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

-Pokken 2 is happening.
FE Warriors 2 over Hyrule Warriors 2 would be pretty shocking considering the performance of both and Hyrule Warriors being older and more ripe for a sequel

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
These days the pattern seems to be Early Year - E3 - September for General Directs, with game specific or "special" Directs sprinkled here and there in the year.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really intrigued to see if Nintendo are capable of bringing the entire Xenoblade cast back together.

Jenna Coleman is obviously the big question. Her absence would hurt the game (if they need her for new voice content that is).

???

They don't need to bring them back. They can reuse the voice recordings that they already have.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
FE Warriors 2 over Hyrule Warriors 2 would be pretty shocking considering the performance of both and Hyrule Warriors being older and more ripe for a sequel
With Hyrule Warriors, I feel like the Switch version had a ton of content as is and is really only missing BotW content. Besides the costumes for Link and Zelda. With FEW2, I feel like there is more more content they can mine for a full-blown sequel.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

-Pokken 2 is happening.

Couple of things:
- Omega Force has already been doing 2 musous, Persona and One Piece, I doubt they're also doing another musou this year. I think a 2D remake of an old game is more fitting celebration for the anniversary.
- Mario Golf isn't happening. Mario Golf 3DS failed pretty hard, one of the least selling Mario spinoffs ever. And it doesn't have a HD outing to use its assets to have a cheap and fast development.

Status
Not open for further replies.