• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I suppose that the rumoured Paper Mario remakes
"Rumor" by a shitty twitter account that post a bunch of already known rumors and delete stuff that he gets wrong.
He took this Paper Mario 3DS remake from a prediction that Jonneh made for a few directs in late 2018 and early 2019.
Basically, this dude is still on the "Jon is an insider in disguise !" train despite this being what 100% killed Vergeben in february... Lmao

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
"Rumor" by a shitty twitter account that post a bunch of already known rumors and delete stuff that he gets wrong.
He took this Paper Mario 3DS remake from a prediction that Jonneh made for a few directs in late 2018 and early 2019.
Basically, this dude is still on the "Jon is an insider in disguise !" train despite this being what 100% killed Vergeben in february... Lmao
Actually, I believe Imran mentioned the cancelled 3DS projects that included many remakes and a couple of them were heavily hinted to be PM and FE.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not convinced that a new Fire Emblem game will release this year. I'd love it, but we still have DLC for Three Houses to get through first.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
If the scrapped Fire Emblem remake gets bumped to Switch, I know I'll be quite sad since the possibilities of it being either Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn are slim to none. I really wish I enjoy those games in their HD glory.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
aw maaaaan

give us a real raccoon villager nintendo, cowards
See this
220px-thumbnail.jpg

This is a dog. Well, not really a dog but close enough.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
He never said anything about Paper Mario.

www.eurogamer.net

Report: Nintendo wants to bring cancelled 3DS games to Switch

Nintendo is rumoured to be considering bringing a range of cancelled 3DS games to Nintendo Switch, including a previous…
Imran mentioned Fire Emblem yeah, and MAYBE a new Style Savvy if I remember right ?
But nothing about Paper Mario.
I must have misremembered that part then.

Still, remake of the OG PM makes sense all things considered.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't get Imran and the Mariko twitter person mixed up. Mario said multiple Fire Emblem remakes in a package and Paper Mario 64 were going to come to 3DS. He also said Metroid Prime Trilogy HD is coming first half of 2020.

Emily already said don't expect MPT HD for Switch until the second half of 2020 at minimum

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know how there would be a cancelled 3DS Fire Emblem remake. Echoes was near the end of the 3DS's life cycle, and they jumped over to Switch right after. They've made it clear in interviews that they want to continue with the updated remakes, which is where I think this rumor comes from, but I don't really think the time line for it adds up.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
If they wanted to stay faithful to the games they're remaking, then it wouldn't have an area like that. They could still add one, but going by how faithful Echoes was to Gaiden, they probably wouldn't.

I do expect Divine Pulse and Casual mode to be back, of course.

Weren't those also in Gaiden?
Yes, they were. My argument was more "we don't know which FE would receive a remake." To be fair Gaiden was an odd duck.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Mariko Twitter dude or whatever his name is will be put to rest after this first direct. Him making "exact" predictions makes it easier to discredit him

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't believe it. Imran is a great dude, but he's not the most reliable Nintendo insider out there.
Zell and Emily are the only two I really believe.

they're the only 2 who are the top
Hmmm, I assumed it would be a 35~45 minutes long Direct with 10 minutes of Animal Crossing.

It won't be 10 minutes. I feel like we always have to tell AC fans this. It's boring to present to many. They'll do a 45 minute direct and about 5 minutes will be AC, then announce a full AC direct for the AC fans

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
The direct will most likely be featuring Animal Crossing.

animal-crossing-new-horizons-key-artwork-january-2020.jpg

This image is a little depressing for me. Aside from saw chaise lounge, beach chair and paths, it shows nothing new. No new neighbor species, no new fruit or trees, no new flowers, no new bugs... I hope the final game has some huge surprises in it because I don't want to play New Leaf once again...

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
If Imran is right, we could potentially see that Fire Emblem remake they had in development for the 3DS make it over to the Switch; though I have a few problems with that happening next year as opposed to 2021:
  • I'd be worried about the quality of the game if they managed to convert the project from the 3DS to a HD console that quickly, especially since it would've started out in the 3DS FE engine.
  • Three Houses DLC will still be rolling out this year; so it might be best to give it some space.
  • It might conflict with another Intelligent Systems title like Paper Mario.

Well; Xenoblade is covered already, a lot of people think Paper Mario is coming, I think Odyssey 2 is coming and I just addressed Fire Emblem above.

I've seen a lot of people guess that we'll see a new Game & Watch collection this year; that could be possible.

Yeah, those could all happen. 2020 will be a follow up to 2017.

Sweet.

Fire Emblem wouldn't surprise me. We did hear a few months ago that several 3DS projects got scrapped which included a new FE game right? Hopefully Fire Emblem Echoes 2. Love Shadow of Valentia and it would make sense with all the FE love they have given to us.

Fire Emblem Warriors 2 or another remake is definitely a lot more likely. Can't see a new game being announced for awhile.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if we'll see a PoR/RD HD collection and a Genealogy remake by the end of Switch lifespan. Between the rumored 3DS game and the likely new game in Three Houses engine, I don't know if they'll release them now or they'll keep them for Switch 2.

Granted, the "new game in TH engine" could be Genealogy.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who wants WarioWare from IntSys? Not a gimmicky one, a traditional, buttons only WarioWare. Some brutal modes like superfast mix or 3. difficulty mix. And all the friends should be there, including yours truly.

Maybe they could add full fledged 3D extra games like they did in the first game with Pyoro and Dr Wario. I'd like a Crazy Taxi knockoff featuring Dribble and Spitz. And maybe mini Sekiro game with Kat and Ana. 9-Volt Pro Skater? Or a Dr Crygor game involving... toilets.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know how there would be a cancelled 3DS Fire Emblem remake. Echoes was near the end of the 3DS's life cycle, and they jumped over to Switch right after. They've made it clear in interviews that they want to continue with the updated remakes, which is where I think this rumor comes from, but I don't really think the time line for it adds up.

Yeah, I've brought this up before. Very skeptical of imran's "scrapped" Fire Emblem remake for 3DS. Developers in post-SoV interviews stated emphatically that Shadows of Valentia would be their final 3DS Fire Emblem entry—that it was a stopgap for the team to work on before Switch devkits were ready.

That's not to say that another Fire Emblem 'Echoes' remake won't happy. Remakes are routine for Fire Emblem at this point, and there are still three entries that have yet to reach the West (well, four, but New Mystery already got a remake that wasn't localized). Genealogy of the Holy War is next in line, and Three Houses has myriad similarities to it, making it all the more likely.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A new WarioWare that doesn't make use of the joycons, at least for some modes, would be a waste of the most unique hook of the system.

zothenr

Sep 21, 2018
My bet is for this year unannounced games:
A Warioware game
- Zelda BotW 2 in Holidays
- Pokemon Spin off for holidays
- Xenoblade Chronicles in Summer
- DLC for MK8
- DLC for Mario Party
- Metroid 2D
- Plenty third party ports of "impossible games"
- Bayonetta 3