• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
😉

Just need Zell and Em

You know King and Emily love to show up fashionably late

Probably an expansion but Nintendo really needs to start giving Splatoon spinoffs like they do Mario and Zelda.

Hell, even Metroid has gotten like 3 spinoffs. It's one of the keys to Nintendo's IP strength and longevity.

Nintendo has to start doing spinoffs. Like you said the IP is big and Mario and Zelda have spinoffs. Splatoon is in this realm.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I could see a Splatoon spin-off next year; I just hope it isn't a 2D platformer, lol. I think 2 is done outside of balance patches.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
If 3D World port is coming in 2020 (probably is). Just give me online co-op and am buying it day one.

I know it will not have online co-op but let me dream please.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Originally Splatoon 2 was promised to have new content to year after it's release (July 2018) but they extended it to December 2018 which was neat.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
What's up with these big two updates planned then. Isn't it weird to announce them so early if they are balance patches ?
Well, we already have the patch notes for the first one, so we know it'll be a balance patch. The bottom of the notes also tell us that there will be more balance patches:

Following this update, we plan to consider similar adjustments for many other weapons going forward. Additionally, we will continue to watch for and analyze weapons that appear to have few or no drawbacks, and that also perform well against all other weapons.

We plan to distribute the next update in late April 2020.
so....

splatoon X rhythm heaven for 2020
book it
As in an actual crossover or just a Splatoon rhythm game?

I'll take either.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Okay, but can we talk about something really important right now?
In Nintendo Direct (April 12th 2017), Yoshiaki Koizumi snapped his fingers when going to 3DS section of the Direct (Switch clicking sound was also included.) After this it never happened in any Nintendo Direct.
Here is proof:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this reminded me that Sonic might have a new game debuting next year and launching on 6 platforms

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
January Direct would be cool, but I think the first half of the year will be mostly for Remasters/Ports/3rd Party games and Animal Crossing. Maybe something similar to Super Mario Maker 2 for May/June.

I do have high hopes for 2020 as a whole though, firm believer we will get Animal Crossing, Zelda BotW 2, Mario Odyssey 2, Bayonetta 3 and some form of Metroid.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really hoping for some good exclusives. Games that are made with the Switch hardware in mind and has the development teams full attention. I like Switch ports of older games sure but the system is unique and successful enough to get its own games. I think at this point in time the DS and Wii probably had a more unique library of games. I'm hoping 2020 will be the year of exclusives or games made for Switch as the main target platform. Bravely Default and SMTV are one of my most anticipated games because they're made with the Switch in mind.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really hoping for some good exclusives. Games that are made with the Switch hardware in mind and has the development teams full attention. I like Switch ports of older games sure but the system is unique and successful enough to get its own games. I think at this point in time the DS and Wii probably had a more unique library of games. I'm hoping 2020 will be the year of exclusives or games made for Switch as the main target platform. Bravely Default and SMTV are one of my most anticipated games because they're made with the Switch in mind.
I think a lot of the games we predict for 2020 would have been made in mind for the Switch from the beginning of development. Mario Odyssey 2, BotW 2, Paper Mario, 2D Metroid, Bayonetta 3, etx

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I think a lot of the games we predict for 2020 would have been made in mind for the Switch from the beginning of development. Mario Odyssey 2, BotW 2, Paper Mario, 2D Metroid, Bayonetta 3, etx
I get what you say but I meant third party games in general. The reason I love Nintendo consoles is because of A class first party support but I don't play all Nintendo IP and I like variety. I want more third party content that really is made with Switch in mind. I don't think that it's unrealistic for companies to make Switch exclusives because they sell a lot of copies.

That said, botw2 made for Switch is going to be on another level.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A good idea if Nintendo does go in with adding more guest characters to the next Mario Kart is to give the characters a specific item they have related to their games.

So if K.Rool were to join Mario Kart he could have the unique item of a crown to throw around and comeback to him. I guess that would be like the boomerang though. Maybe he can pull out a trumpet play Gangplank Galleon. Everyone stops to dance and he wins the race.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A good idea if Nintendo does go in with adding more guest characters to the next Mario Kart is to give the characters a specific item they have related to their games.

So if K.Rool were to join Mario Kart he could have the unique item of a crown to throw around and comeback to him. I guess that would be like the boomerang though. Maybe he can pull out a trumpet play Gangplank Galleon. Everyone stops to dance and he wins the race.

time to bring back Double Dash's special items

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get what you say but I meant third party games in general. The reason I love Nintendo consoles is because of A class first party support but I don't play all Nintendo IP and I like variety. I want more third party content that really is made with Switch in mind. I don't think that it's unrealistic for companies to make Switch exclusives because they sell a lot of copies.

That said, botw2 made for Switch is going to be on another level.
Ah third party companies. It'd be nice. I'm not too confident tbh.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

The next Mario Kart should add light RPG mechanics. Cut the roster down to 20 or so Mario/guest Nintendo characters people actually give a shit about. Give them a set of different possible skills to choose from as well as, as you said, their own exclusive item. MKT has the right idea, except it's MKT.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The next Mario Kart should add light RPG mechanics. Cut the roster down to 20 or so Mario/guest Nintendo characters people actually give a shit about. Give them a set of different possible skills to choose from as well as, as you said, their own exclusive item. MKT has the right idea, except it's MKT.
Mario Kart Tour does some kind of points base system too? Idk much about it, but I like the idea of having a points system mode or something where you do tricks and specific drifts nets you points in the race. So, it doesn't only matter what you place, but your skills matter too.

I like the RPG elements stuff. Hell having some RPG can work for a single player mode too.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Give me Ness in Mario Kart with a bat to hit people with.

Man we could come up with so many ideas for you unique items for Nintendo characters or maybe special powers? Ness doing PSI waves? Could get messy I guess

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Mario Kart Tour does some kind of points base system too? Idk much about it, but I like the idea of having a points system mode or something where you do tricks and specific drifts nets you points in the race. So, it doesn't only matter what you place, but your skills matter too.
I actually really like Tour's point system; besides the base points you get from choosing your character and kart parts (the rarer the item, the more base points you get); that's a mechanic tied to gacha that can stay out.

During a race, you get points for specific actions like doing tricks, hitting opponents with items, performing a drift, getting air time from a glide and finishing a lap in certain positions; and if you string multiple actions together within a few seconds, you get a combo multiplier that lets you rack up more points. It'd be really cool to see it implemented in a home console Mario Kart; they could even add Score Trials as an equivalent to Time Trials.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually really like Tour's point system; besides the base points you get from choosing your character and kart parts (the rarer the item, the more base points you get); that's a mechanic tied to gacha that can stay out.

During a race, you get points for specific actions like doing tricks, hitting opponents with items, performing a drift, getting air time from a glide and finishing a lap in certain positions; and if you string multiple actions together within a few seconds, you get a combo multiplier that lets you rack up more points. It'd be really cool to see it implemented in a home console Mario Kart; they could even add Score Trials as an equivalent to Time Trials.
I like this. I hope this gets implemented in the next console Mario Kart.

Status
Not open for further replies.