• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I can't believe Nate announced Halo Infinite is timed exclusive to Switch for a year

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Insiders coming all at once something definitely up

also can't believe we're nearing the second anniversary of the Great Direct Meltdown of January 2018.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
I feel like there was no need for January Direct in 2019, look in January NSMBUDX released and you don't need to heavily promote that - it's 2D Mario it will sell like hot cakes, and Yoshi's Crafted World release date was announced via Twitter. But in January 2020 there is Tokyo Mirrage Sessions and you for sure want to have this title promoted in Direct thousands of people will see it. Plus in late January 2019 Metroid Prime 4 delay was announced, so who knows maybe something was happening in the background.

But January Direct in 2020 is happening.

I hope.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
NateDrake probably knows about a big third party game coming to Switch and figured it would only be announced in a Nintendo Direct

He was spot on about Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection days before the retail leak. Maybe something similar.

Perfect timing for Halo would probably a launch a few months before Halo Infinite so probably a E3 announcement imo.

I think the next Direct should be the only time to reveal such big port. I don't think it'll be at E3, MS don't want to steal the thunder of their own game themselves, Halo on a portable device is as big as gameplay reveal of Infinite.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
#TeamApril

For the third Direct of the year, after January Direct and February AC Direct

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
You know how the opening sequence in Astral Chain has you riding a motorbyke? That was them testing the waters for F-Zero Platinum League
This but unironically.

But also not exactly this, because it'll be a character action game starring Captain Falcon AND an F-Zero GX sequel in one. Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio are also working on it.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't we have a couple of rumors with Platinum for real though? There's the Viewtiful Joe 3 rumor and the rumor of Nintendo and Platinum trying to bring Scalebound to Switch.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
It's about time Forza Horizon went to space
In-engine screen:

K5Nm5OC.jpg

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Low key I would like to see Kamiya given the opportunity to make a StarFox game since he was busy with Scalebound when SFZ happened but expressed interest in working with the IP but with the reception of Zero I think Nintendo would accept any pitch BUT StarFox from them.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah working on my second Fire Emblem route and still have a lot in my backlog. The second half of the year has been brutal.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Low key I would like to see Kamiya given the opportunity to make a StarFox game since he was busy with Scalebound when SFZ happened but expressed interest in working with the IP but with the reception of Zero I think Nintendo would accept any pitch BUT StarFox from them.
Nintendo spearheaded Star Fox. Platinum was brought on to finish the game.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
2020 would be a good time for something Splatoon related. With these two updates coming early next year I am leaning toward a meaty expansion rather than a spin-off. What do you think ?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
2020 would be a good time for something Splatoon related. With these two updates coming early next year I am leaning toward a meaty expansion rather than a spin-off. What do you think ?
Probably an expansion but Nintendo really needs to start giving Splatoon spinoffs like they do Mario and Zelda.

Hell, even Metroid has gotten like 3 spinoffs. It's one of the keys to Nintendo's IP strength and longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.