• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep it's hard with Odyssey 2. I expect Botw2 and Odyssey 2 playable at E3 but only one of them will release in 2020. One is March 2021 release. Or is it possible that both are holiday releases? For Odyssey 2 late october release (like with first game) and botw2 be mid november release.
Yep I expect both games will be playable at E3 2020 because both will release before E3 2021 and after E3 2020. I don't see Nintendo doing both for the holidays. You want to space out your huge tent pole titles no matter if Sony and Microsoft are launching. Just have botw 2 ready for the holiday and do an official price cut for the Switch. Have bundles of Animal Crossing during the holidays too and Super Mario Party 2. Pokémon could possibly be there. I don't think it will be.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
There are two key things supporting a January Direct: 1) We know Smash DLC has to release by end of February, so time is limited; 2) Nintendo typically has some sort of Direct (or Indie Showcase) ahead of PAX East, which is end of February this yr and considerably earlier than last yr.

Odds favor a mid-January Direct.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
outside of a couple, the predictions in that vid weren't that outlandish or wish list-like lol.

it wasn't much different than what people post here. Some Party, golf, 3d world, smash char., MPT, kirby, then nonsense. Weird reactions

I don't think BOTW2 and SMO2 are "necessary" for Nintendo to be competitive next holiday.
Heck, it's not even a sure thing NSW won't by the best selling console in 2021 yet. Not saying it will, but it's not a given that it won't

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are two key things supporting a January Direct: 1) We know Smash DLC has to release by end of February, so time is limited; 2) Nintendo typically has some sort of Direct (or Indie Showcase) ahead of PAX East, which is end of February this yr and considerably earlier than last yr.

Nate you haven't heard anything?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
outside of a couple, the predictions in that vid weren't that outlandish or wish list-like lol.

it wasn't much different than what people post here. Some Party, golf, 3d world, smash char., MPT, kirby, then nonsense. Weird reactions

I don't think BOTW2 and SMO2 are "necessary" for Nintendo to be competitive next holiday.
Heck, it's not even a sure thing NSW won't by the best selling console in 2021 yet. Not saying it will, but it's not a given that it won't
It's generally how people react to Arlo here. Even his reasonable content gets ridiculed for some reason. I liked his twist with NintenDragons. Reminds me of Ring Fit in the "wtf" aspect, like in the weird off the wall way. Like who would predict a fitness JRPG with a story, side quests, and everything from Nintendo.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Interesting.

If it's a January Direct I'll be happy.

My February expectation is mostly to keep me from being disappointed when January does not happen.

laziboi

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2019
Your Anus
It sucks Nintendo doesn't own HAL or Good Feel. We're feeling the effects of it when Nintendo barely has a handful of first party studios. These studios are now making mobile games or non Nintendo games when they could've kept making Nintendo games, but that's for a different topic...

Does it matter if Nintendo owns them or not? If HAL wants to make a mobile game on the side, then its their right to do so. That doesn't mean they're abandoning Nintendo, considering their biggest property is tied up with Nintendo to begin with.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
It's generally how people react to Arlo here. Even his reasonable content gets ridiculed for some reason. I liked his twist with NintenDragons. Reminds me of Ring Fit in the "wtf" aspect, like in the weird off the wall way. Like who would predict a fitness JRPG with a story, side quests, and everything from Nintendo.
nintendragons was the best part lol. yea, it was the just the wtf game.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Nintendo announces they're done with Directs for the next decade and will instead just stream Tropical Freeze every other month

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NateDrake probably knows about a big third party game coming to Switch and figured it would only be announced in a Nintendo Direct

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I just realised...next week is basically January, won't be long for a Direct...and I just got excited lol. I'm really hoping to see more great 3rd party games and really really hoping for Capcom to announce the new MH (if it exists).

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Maybe Nate knows about a major-ish game or demo or something that is slated for a January release and would make sense as a Direct shadowdrop. Nintendo is obsessed with shadowdropping as much as they can nowadays. The previous Directs had like five shadowdrops apiece including some major stuff like Divinity: Original Sin 2 on Switch.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Maybe Nate knows about a major-ish game or demo or something that is slated for a January release and would make sense as a Direct shadow-drop. Nintendo is obsessed with shadowdropping as much as they can nowadays.
It's a smart move, in a lot of cases - shadow-dropping something that might excite folks is a good way to drive up initial hype without having to necessarily run an effective mid-to-long-term marketing campaign. Lets them push their heavy-hitters even harder before release.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we'll have to wait much longer for a Direct.

Trust Nate on that, y'all.
Ah yes just what I've been waiting for here we go!!!!

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect timing for Halo would probably a launch a few months before Halo Infinite so probably a E3 announcement imo.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe its a new Nintendo Direct Mini

Kinda weird how that format was abandoned
It wasn't, they just haven't needed it. That said September's Direct ending in a Xenoblade Remaster and starting with a third party port were definitely mini-tier.

Im also now reminded of when Nintendo had a direct mini a week before E3 2015 and then shat the bed at E3... just why

Status
Not open for further replies.