• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
7 remakes/remasters and none being Zelda, Kirby, DK and Star Fox is unbelievable.

Working under those conditions should be fun though, so let's see

- Mario Sunshine HD
- Thousand Year Door HD or Color Splash
- Super Metroid or Fusion Remake
- Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
- Pikmin 3

That's all I got

1. TMS#FE
2. Xenoblade DE
3. Pimkin
4. Metroid
5/6 Pokemon
7 Mario something
8 FZero if Pokemon counts as 1

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would love a new Diddy Kong Racing but I'd hope they tap someone like Monster or Sumo Digital for it. I wouldn't want the MK team to be tied up between two kart racers when they can make such wonderful games like Arms. And I still believe that if they were to alternate between two series and Arms wasn't successful enough for them, they should work on an FPS or some sort of co-op action game.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
everybody talking about some monkey racing shit, but no one talks about THE GOAT

Excite_Truck_Coverart.png
ExciteBotBox.jpg

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I've got a hot steamy leak right here: there's going to be a Direct in January.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Most seem set on the January idea, but I just wanted to point out to those of y'all still saying February/Mar h, you should remember going into 2019 we knew of a ton of releases before the year began. Yoshi, NSMBU, NMH, DaemonXMachina, LM3, MUA3, Three Houses, Town, and Pokemon were all known quantities, not to mention delayed titles like Metroid and Animal Crossing.

Going into 2020 we know of TMS, Animal Crossing, NMH, Bravely, and Xenoblade. We know of far less games by comparison, so a January direct would make a lot more sense this time even ignoring all the other contributing factors.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Going into 2020 we know of TMS, Animal Crossing, NMH, Bravely, and Xenoblade. We know of far less games by comparison, so a January direct would make a lot more sense this time even ignoring all the other contributing factors.
You're forgetting some other exclusives.
Detective Club 1&2 remakes (first party games), Deadly Premonition 2, Rune Factory 4 Special, Rune Factory 5, and probably some others.

Also first party wise Bayonetta 3 and especially BOTW 2 might very well be 2020 games.

We probably know around as much as last year I would say.

But yeah, january team too anyway.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You're forgetting some other exclusives.
Detective Club 1&2 remakes (first party games), Deadly Premonition 2, Rune Factory 4 Special, Rune Factory 5, and probably some others.

Also first party wise Bayonetta 3 and especially BOTW 2 might very well be 2020 games.

We probably know around as much as last year I would say.

But yeah, january team too anyway.
There's still a pretty big divide between the 2019 games I mentioned and Rune Factory/Detective Club. Detective Club is japan only currently and RF4/5 are very much a niche, while even games like Daemon X Machina and NMH were presented as big highlights for Nintendo. Not to mention in that 2019 games list 8 of them were Nintendo Published releases, versus 4 this year.

Beyond just three games (Mario Maker, Zelda, AC) we knew literally of ALL of Nintendo's 2018 line up outside of digital only releases, while I highly doubt you would try to argue we can say the same for 2020.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
There's still a pretty big divide between the 2019 games I mentioned and Rune Factory/Detective Club. Detective Club is japan only currently and RF4/5 are very much a niche, while even games like Daemon X Machina and NMH were presented as big highlights for Nintendo. Not to mention in that 2019 games list 8 of them were Nintendo Published releases, versus 4 this year.

Beyond just three games (Mario Maker, Zelda, AC) we knew literally of ALL of Nintendo's 2018 line up outside of digital only releases, while I highly doubt you would try to argue we can say the same for 2020.

We didn't know about Labo VR or Ring Fit either ;)

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We didn't know about Labo VR or Ring Fit either ;)
lol I forgot about those and I actually really liked the latter. Technically count, but I think it's still worth considering them less at the very least since those are treated differently from nintendo. Their trailers being dropped on a random date outside of Directs with not much build up. There'll almost certainly be more titles like that next year but it's the other series that they put a focus on, especially in terms of Directs.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
OH MY GOD, A NEW F-ZERO JUST GOT LEAKED ON 4-CHAN! WITH SCREENSHOTS AND EVERYTHING!

I wish. We needed Nintendo news yesterday lol

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Color Splash is great.

I wouldn't mind expanding on that style.
I will admit that Color Splash isn't a total waste like Sticker Star. But it also doesn't come close to Paper Mario 64 and TTYD. I want a return to that style of Paper Mario. Even Super Paper Mario would be fine.

laziboi

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2019
Your Anus
Absolutely, I think 2020 will be just as good as 2017 and 2019.

In 2017, I said Switch will go down as the greatest software library that Nintendo ever had. And I've stuck to that belief every year. I don't say it to be a delusional Nintendo fangirl. I genuinely believe that -- in the very end -- Switch's software library will wipe the floor with SNES, GameCube, DS, 3DS. And it won't even be close. Not even close at all.

There's still a ton of unannounced games. Switch owners will continue to be bombarded with software (first party, third party, indie).

Do you think Nintendo will continue to push for new IP next year and beyond?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Excite Truck was so hype. The whole terrain deformation mechanic was brilliant, throwing your opponents into the air or creating a makeshift ramp by causing a mountain to appear. The way overheating and cooling worked created this exhilarating tension too, leading to a rollercoaster-like adrenaline high when you drive through water and go ham on the boost. And the rugged off-roading tracks let you tackle each course in a semi-open-ended way. Imagine what they could do with that gameplay model with today's tech. :-O

laziboi

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2019
Your Anus

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
The difference for me is that in off years (for me, 2018 and 2019) there's plenty of indies and DLC to catch up on.

The best games I played on Switch in 2018 and 2019 were things like Celeste, The Messenger etc.

The Wii U didn't have that sort of support to bolster the slower years.

laziboi

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2019
Your Anus
The difference for me is that in off years (for me, 2018 and 2019) there's plenty of indies and DLC to catch up on.

The best games I played on Switch in 2018 and 2019 were things like Celeste, The Messenger etc.

The Wii U didn't have that sort of support to bolster the slower years.

The Switch's general third party support is also far better than anything the Wii U could've mustered.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Give me Rayman remakes or give me death

Rayman remakes or not, I feel like Ubisoft will have some big surprises next year. We had couple of nice ones this year, two AC games and a Trials game and now Switch is sitting on 50m hardware sold, Ubisoft's support will only get better.

Rayman 2-3 remakes make sense but Rayman 4 makes much more sense than those. Ancel should be finishing up with BG&E2 for the next gen systems.

Oct 26, 2017
Rayman remakes or not, I feel like Ubisoft will have some big surprises next year. We had couple of nice ones this year, two AC games and a Trials game and now Switch is sitting on 50m hardware sold, Ubisoft's support will only get better.

Rayman 2-3 remakes make sense but Rayman 4 makes much more sense than those. Ancel should be finishing up with BG&E2 for the next gen systems.

BG&E2 is probably 2022 at the earliest.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

BGE2 is pretty far out. And then Ancel has to finish WiLD too. Not sure if we can even expect Rayman 4 for Switch 2.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom

As much as I'm frothing at the mouth for it, Rayman 4 is way too far away for me to even begin considering it, 2023 at the earliest. Ports/remakes of 2 and 3 seem like much more feasible concepts in the foreseeable future.

BG&E2 is probably 2022 at the earliest.
I could see it being a 2021 title, I guess we'll just have to see if it turns up at e3

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

Bill Trinen knows what's up
(He also loves both Star Wars 7 & 8)

I love how everyone on my TL is either shitting on Star Wars 8 or 9, and then Bill comes here and say "I've spent such a great time with the three films"
Such a chill man

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
I'm also going to go on record and say I hope BotW2 is delayed to 2021. If it is delayed it'll only be a 6 month delay, and it'll mean we'd be more likely to get Wind Waked HD in 2020. If we got BotW in 2020 that might mean Wind Walker in 2021 to be fair, but it could mean right at the end of the year. BotW2 delay is the quickest way to get both games :P

I think from some trustable source we got info that Nintendo wants to have Zelda game every year,
so yeah, if BotW cant be finished on time for 2020. release, I think we will get double pack WW/TP HD release in 2020. instead.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WW and TP HD are the last remasters I would want to play right now.

If anything, it's OoT and MM 3D's time to shine.

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
F-ZERO 99. Stylized extremely low-poly graphics, with either really great lighting or stylish flat shading. Every lap has a position limit like in the SNES debut, whittling the racers down to the final 3, then a winner. Gonna be shadow-dropped at the next Direct. I believe, dammit

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, reading some wishes in this thread ... i don't wanna see what some of you wish for the holidays. ;]

Thronebreaker? I thought CDPR said that they won't continue development on the console Gwent games, or did i mix something up?

Status
Not open for further replies.