• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
First time being antique is good, while i was wrong with BotW 2, i at least avoided those avatars! ... Could imagine good old Bonejack without the stormtrooper avatar?

LOL this read is wild.

But you know, the faker really went OUT on NMH3 stuff ... Captain Vladimir playable? Margaret Moonlight? I mean ... for Bad Girl, there's a reason she might be playable (Curious? Go play Travis Strikes Again!) ... also what important info would Margaret Moonlight's sexual identity be in a Direct?

I mean ... it's funny that Suda being so random that from the whole load of bullshit, the NMH3 has the best chance to be true. (But it isn't, it's fake. All of it.) ^^

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
If there is an Xmas direct, what do y'all think will be in it?

Alternatively, if we get a Jan direct instead, what will they show off?

AC:H is a lock, as is the new Smash fighter probably, but what else?

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017

Usually this is the place to announce lots of new projects for 2020. They won't announce everything planned for 2020 but a lot of first party software will be announced in that direct together with bigger third party stuff planned for 2020. I don't even expect much of Animal Crossing. It would be better to show that off in its own direct.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Honestly I expect 2 new first party games. I would've expected more, but I know Nintendo has to do a big reveal of a Smash character and talk about AC. They also might announce Pikmin 3 port. There's a rumor TWEWY 2 is coming to Switch. We could see it here.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

I don't really think there would be much of a difference between a Direct that shows up now or early january.
There's the Holidays inbetween so I think the only difference would be what kind of shadow drops could happen.
Christmas events for games or things like that.
In this years early year direct we had Tetris 99, so maybe something similar to that? A fun free game that maybe works as an incentive for Switch Online?
We don't know much about Nintendo's first party but I guess a new Kirby could be a safe bet.
It's really hard to think of something when we know so little about 2020.
I guess thats why we really need a Direct? I want new 1st party announcements!
3rd Party stuff
Maybe a date for Outer Worlds?

I don't want to say Metroid Prime Trilogy but Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A 2D Metroid is a good announcement for the first Nintendo direct of 2020 and don't forget Paper Mario!

Also for those who think there could be a direct this week it would be announced in 3 hours

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Depending on when the next Direct after the first 2020 one is, i can totally see Animal Crossing not being in the first Direct as a focus or having a very long part.

The first Direct of a year always feels like focused on full new or not much shown stuff to kick of the hype for the year.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on when the next Direct after the first 2020 is, i can totally see Animal Crossing not being in the first Direct as a focus or having a very long part.

The first Direct of a year always feels like focused on full new or not much shown stuff to kick of the hype for the year.
I really think Animal Crossing will be mentionned in the text of the next Direct announcement. However, if we get another Direct in March, it might be featured way more softly.

I think we can expect stuff like AC Switch bundles in the next Direct and a big trailer.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Depending on when the next Direct after the first 2020 one is, i can totally see Animal Crossing not being in the first Direct as a focus or having a very long part.

I think it will get something. Yoshi's Crafted World got like a minute in the February direct this year. Animal Crossing is too huge not to get a small something then its own direct in February

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

Pretty sure Animal Crossing counts as "not much shown" considering all they've shown is the very start of the game when nothing is unlocked. And they inexplicably spent 5 minutes in the last Direct just repeating all the things we already knew from E3 instead of saying anything new.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
yeah we've still seen practically nothing of Animal Crossing

it's time to start blowing the lid off that baby

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Mostly because Nintendo would definitely ruin it.
Secondly, because Link is kind of an empty shell for the player to assume the role of. I don't want to watch Link speak with characters and have an in-depth character arch, I want to BE Link and feel the arch. Zelda games have never been about character-driven storylines (for the most part), they are kind of about the intrinsic adventure and exploration for the player. That's the way the game has been for decades now. There is no reason to change it. There are plenty of ways to expand the series, and following the path of westernized games with a hollywoood-wannabe storyline is not it.

Also, Metroid Other M.
Why giving a voice to a character making him automatically an in-depth arc ?! This is a very weird extrapolation.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

I'd really like a localization announcement for Famicom Detective Club. That's a 2020 game that might as well not exist for us.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we get a direct in January, what I expect as far as first party is concerned. These can range from a small update, trailer to big reveal.

For reference what we got first party wise in the February direct.

-Super Mario Maker 2
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
-Box Boy and Box Girl
-Smash update
-Captain Toad update
-Yoshi's Crafted World demo
-Fire Emblem Three Houses (focus)
-Astral Chain
-Zelda Links Awakening

We got a good amount of Nintendo first party related announcements. So I expect similar for this first January direct.

-Animal Crossing
-Smash character 5
-new game (2D Metroid, new IP, etc.)
-new game (Paper Mario, eShop title, etc)
-Pikmin 3 Deluxe announced
-XenoblaDE (only if it releases before E3, if not then it will be in a March direct)
-Bayonetta 3
-TMS reminder

Gold Link

Apr 24, 2018
If we get a direct in January, what I expect as far as first party is concerned. These can range from a small update, trailer to big reveal.

For reference what we got first party wise in the February direct.

-Super Mario Maker 2
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
-Box Boy and Box Girl
-Smash update
-Captain Toad update
-Yoshi's Crafted World demo
-Fire Emblem Three Houses (focus)
-Astral Chain
-Zelda Links Awakening

We got a good amount of Nintendo first party related announcements. So I expect similar for this first January direct.

-Animal Crossing
-Smash character 5
-new game (2D Metroid, new IP, etc.)
-new game (Paper Mario, eShop title, etc)
-Pikmin 3 Deluxe announced
-XenoblaDE (only if it releases before E3, if not then it will be in a March direct)
-Bayonetta 3
-TMS reminder

2d Metoird please!!

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
It's definitely a possibility. Emily reassured us again Metroid fans will be taken care of on the Switch.

Taken care of eh?

"Don Furukawa, they're complaining about lack of new Metroid content"

"Hmm take care of 'em"

Salvatore-Corsitto-The-Godfather-Marlon-Brando-Francis.jpg

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Super Metroid needs some QoL tweaks for the control layout, but other than that, it's still a perfect game that holds up some 20 years after release.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing, they don't want it. They're just talking about as a likely thing and here I am, confused on where that is coming from.

Did I miss a credible rumor?

I think Nate Drake had said he heard about another 2D Metroid Remake but he thinks it's probably Fusion and not Super (apologies Nate if I'm misremembering)

Status
Not open for further replies.