• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Pro tip: Any "leak" that gives a release date/month/season that's over six months out is fake. Nintendo doesn't give away release Windows that early.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
It's me, Mr. Nintendo back at it as the most trusted insider in the industry
Monster Hunter Switch is real
But it's a $60 straight port of MonHun with new content
If you have a save file of Super Mario 3D World Deluxe you will receive a free palico in a cat suit
Capcom is back
>:)

Last edited:

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Not only is any leak that doesn't mention Ace Attorney 7 fake, but any Direct that doesn't mention Ace Attorney 7 is also, de facto, fake.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Geoff being really active in this thread. Bodes well for the Christmas Direct

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any leak that doesn't mention Star Fox Effect by the new studio in Montreal made by ex-Bioware devs is very obviously fake

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
did anyone see isabelle's tweet about how she's no longer posting about pocket camp related things? people are taking that as a sign that new horizons info is imminent.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
did anyone see isabelle's tweet about how she's no longer posting about pocket camp related things? people are taking that as a sign that new horizons info is imminent.

All of the other Nintendo mobile games already have their own official Twitter accounts, Pocket Camp is just falling in line. Doesn't mean anything.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
All of the other Nintendo mobile games already have their own official Twitter accounts, Pocket Camp is just falling in line. Doesn't mean anything.
True, but if you take away Pocket Camp, the official Animal Crossing Twitter has absolutely nothing else to talk about but New Horizons. I'm assuming this timing does mean that more info is coming soon, but I feel like that was to be expected anyway.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019

i would think that if the official animal crossing account says they're no longer going to be posting about pocket camp, that means they have bigger things to be posting about, no?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I now want the next Direct's indie section to be called "Indie Shit". Just a change of pace.
zOl5pwO.png

Oct 27, 2017
United States

Why wouldn't it mean anything? Nintendo could have just continued using the same Twitter account for Pocket Camp if that were the case. Pokémon GO has its own account in the form of @PokemonGoApp, but that isn't preventing the traditional @Pokemon account from being used to announce other news related to the series.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
It's me, Mr. Nintendo back at it as the most trusted insider in the industry
Monster Hunter Switch is real
But it's a $60 straight port of MonHun with new content
If you have a save file of Super Mario 3D World Deluxe you will receive a free palico in a cat suit
Capcom is back
>:)

Tell Capcom they should bring DMC4SE and DmC first. Selling PS2 games indivudally for 20 bucks and not bringing the HD generations ones is unacceptable.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
So does anyone think that Zell's mention of Halo means that any port news are picking up? Given how 343 are just done with Reach for PC, they might have more time to focus on it now? Or do they have some disk of a pre-loaded game ready for porting

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So does anyone think that Zell's mention of Halo means that any port news are picking up? Given how 343 are just done with Reach for PC, they might have more time to focus on it now? Or do they have some disk of a pre-loaded game ready for porting
343 is definitely not handling the port. it's probably someone else

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

This should be repeated once again: Zell never said explicitly said it was MCC. Could be Halo Wars 2 ports for all we know. We don't have any hints about what this thing will be.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
343 is definitely not handling the port. it's probably someone else
Is there someone else that has done that for 343? I've always thought that it was done in-house, especially for something like Halo

This should be repeated once again: Zell never said explicitly said it was MCC. Could be Halo Wars 2 ports for all we know. We don't have any hints about what this thing will be.
I never did say MCC, more of wondering if news were going to be revealed soon if he came up to reaffirm it.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I doubt he actually heard anything new about it since when he teased it earlier in the year

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
"Zero packaged in"
That's how you know it's fake, why would Nintendo make Star Fox Zero a bonus when they can sell it separately for $60 and people will still buy it
Yeahhhh no.
Smash fighter 5 reveal- it's fucking CATS from Zero Wing
Zero Wing 2 announced
Except Zero Wing 2 is in a new genre. It's a visual novel dating sim.

The trailer has CATS sensually embracing the human commander from behind and whispering his famous line into his ear.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
UPDATE as of December 17, 2019:

Monolith Soft is currently hiring freelancers for the Legend of Zelda development staff. The following positions are:

-Character modeler
-Concept art designer
-Scenario planner
-Map modeler
Usually with Nintendo this is a sign that things are pretty far in development. They probably finished all the gameplay aspects and are working in polishing things up for the map, art and story scenario's.

Status
Not open for further replies.