• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
March - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, 1-2 Switch
April - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
May - N/A
June - ARMS
July - Splatoon 2
August - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (NA/PAL)
September - Pokken Tournament DX, Fire Emblem Warriors (JP)
October - Fire Emblem Warriors (NA/PAL), Super Mario Odyssey
November: Snipperclips Plus
December: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

January - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (JP)
February - Dragon Quest Builders (NA/PAL), Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2
March - Dragon Quest Builders (JP), Kirby Star Allies, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (JP)
April - Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 01 - Variety Kit, Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 02 - Robot Kit
May - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NA/PAL)
June - Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, Mario Tennis Aces
July - Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Go Vacation
August - N/A
September - Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 03 - Vehicle Kit, Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country
October - Super Mario Party, The World Ends with You: Final Remix
November - Pokemon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokemon Let's Go, Eevee!
December - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Fitness Boxing (JP/PAL), Dragon Quest Builders 2 (JP)

January - Fitness Boxing (NA), New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
February - N/A
March - Yoshi's Crafted World
April - Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 04 - VR Kit
May - N/A
June - Super Mario Maker 2
July - Dragon Quest Builders 2 (NA/PAL), Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
August - Tetris 99 (JP), Astral Chain
September - Tetris 99 (NA/PAL), Daemon X Machina, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition
October - Ring Fit Adventure, Luigi's Mansion 3
November - Pokémon Sword and Pokemon Shield
December - Brain Age: Nintendo Switch Training (JP)

January - Brain Age: Nintendo Switch Training (PAL), Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE
February - ???
March - Animal Crossing: New Horizons
April - ???
May - ???
June - ???
July - ???
August - ???
September - ???
October - ???
November - ???
December - ???

2020 games with no specific release date
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Famicom Tantei Club: Kieta Kokeisha
Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shojo

Games with no specific release year
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3
Untitled Detective Pikachu game
Untitled The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel

Thank you for compiling this. 2018 was a slow year, after what Emily said i'm excited for the idea of 2020 closer to 2019.

Think you left out the stretchers game in December though.

laziboi

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2019
Your Anus
February - N/A
May - N/A
July - Dragon Quest Builders 2 (NA/PAL), Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
September - Tetris 99 (NA/PAL), Daemon X Machina, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition

You Forgot BoxBoy + BoxGirl, Tetris 99, and The Stretchers. As well as Cadence of Hyrule.

vedrua

Oct 26, 2019
The Switch 2 isn't coming until 2024 at the earliest, IMO. The three year development time that Pokemon seems to currently be on puts the next generation (nine I think) at a 2022 release date. I doubt they cut the sales in half by having a new console come out the following year, and I doubt the Switch only gets one new Pokemon generation.

However, I can see a Switch Pro in 2021, with a tablet capable of 1080p 60fps gameplay on most games, and is able to run select high-tech third party games.
We can call it "Pro", XL, or even Switch Consuela Banana Hammock, but a console that is able to "run high tech games" that the current Switch can't is basically a nex gen device.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Switch 2 would be too early to talk about rn imo, unless it's actually just a more powerful hardware revision.

The Switch is doing too well for them to replace it with anything anytime soon. Sure, once Microsoft and Sony come out with PS5/Series X, AAA third party ports will be near impossible, but there aren't THAT many of those (of actual current gen games) even right now to begin with. The Switch is covering a different range of games.

I expect an actual next gen console from Nintendo at around 2022 the earliest, all depending on Switch sales. I mean, they kept the 3DS alive for what, 7-8 years?

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the whole point of the Switch's form factor and UI/design is meant to be a redo for Nintendo in the hardware space. I think going forward we will continue to get better versions of what this hardware can do. I think Nintendo wants to start growing and building with mobile tech.

This might mean that they will be behind graphically for a while, but it's obvious they want the mobile experience of Switch to continue to be its differentiator. I can definitely see a "Switch 2" in 2022, but it's just going to be a next gen version of the same idea.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Liam had a new rumor about the possibility of Mario + Rabbids 2 on his podcast and what he's heard from sources. I'm not going to put it out in public because I'm tired of articles picking it up and he's getting mad lol.

in my opinion, maybe it won't be coming soon? Maybe

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Liam had a new rumor about the possibility of Mario + Rabbids 2 on his podcast and what he's heard from sources. I'm not going to put it out in public because I'm tired of articles picking it up and he's getting mad lol.

Knowing how Ubisoft projectile vomits sequels at rapid pace if one of their IPs become popular I'm surprised a sequel isn't already out.

Oct 27, 2017
The best thing FETH brings to the franchise is the teaching imo. Being able to turn your students into whatever fits your needs and their skills is really satisfying and adds a big side activity that helps you form your own gameplay experience.
Definitely. The monastery stuff needs to be streamlined, but they should really keep this form of customisation for the future installments.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
i was hoping m+r 2 would be out in 2020, 3 years seemed like enough time if it's just an iterative sequel...
It's quite possible they waited for a while to see if it sold well before giving the studio any go ahead for a new project like it. As a result, they may not have started dev on it until 2018 (or maybe even after the quite sizable DLC). That makes 2021/2022 more likely imo, especially as they may increase the scope a bit following the smash hit performance of the game.

Which reminds me, I should do another playthrough of the game. Loved every minute of it.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it will be an iterative sequel. I am expecting something bold from them
that would be interesting. the game was very successful so i thought ubi is going to play it safe to replicate its success, but maybe the success gives soliani and his team some cred to do whatever they want and they want to do something different.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
While we are talking FETH, I've never played a FE game before and had no intention of doing so but I got the collectors Edition for 50% and bought it.

I doubt I will ever play all houses but can you get away with playing just one of the houses and get a "full story" or do I need to play more than one?
Also, I always like to play the good guys.. which house do I pick? :P
Every route explains different things.
Blue Lions: Dimitri's backstory
Black Eagles: Edelgard's backstory + a bit of lore
Golden Deer: Lore

Don't play Black Eagles as your first route.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
March - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, 1-2 Switch
April - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
May - N/A
June - ARMS
July - Splatoon 2
August - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (NA/PAL)
September - Pokken Tournament DX, Fire Emblem Warriors (JP)
October - Fire Emblem Warriors (NA/PAL), Super Mario Odyssey
November: Snipperclips Plus
December: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

January - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (JP)
February - Dragon Quest Builders (NA/PAL), Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2
March - Dragon Quest Builders (JP), Kirby Star Allies, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (JP)
April - Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 01 - Variety Kit, Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 02 - Robot Kit
May - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NA/PAL)
June - Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, Mario Tennis Aces
July - Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Go Vacation
August - N/A
September - Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 03 - Vehicle Kit, Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country
October - Super Mario Party, The World Ends with You: Final Remix
November - Pokemon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokemon Let's Go, Eevee!
December - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Fitness Boxing (JP/PAL), Dragon Quest Builders 2 (JP)

February - N/A
May - N/A

January - Brain Age: Nintendo Switch Training (PAL), Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE
February - ???
March - Animal Crossing: New Horizons
April - ???
May - ???
June - ???
July - ???
August - ???
September - ???
October - ???
November - ???
December - ???

2020 games with no specific release date
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Famicom Tantei Club: Kieta Kokeisha
Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shojo

Games with no specific release year
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3
Untitled Detective Pikachu game
Untitled The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel
So far I've only been getting two completely new games and 2-3 ports/remakes a year. Apparently my tastes are a lot less diverse than I thought. 2017 was the only H1 that wasn't dead for me and nothing in 2019 has lasted me more than 10-15 hours.
Hoping 2020 has something meaty or with good replay value.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
What happens when a sequel isn't green lit directly? Soliani and his posse just hang around Ubisoft Milan watching YouTube videos? They assist other teams?
I believe that they started working on their next game shortly after M&R released and if we haven't seen anything yet, it's just that the time to show what they've been doing isn't right.
I believe it'll be a direct sequel, unfortunately. I can't stand the rabbits.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happens when a sequel isn't green lit directly? Soliani and his posse just hang around Ubisoft Milan watching YouTube videos? They assist other teams?
I believe that they started working on their next game shortly after M&R released and if we haven't seen anything yet, it's just that the time to show what they've been doing isn't right.
They assist other teams like they did before M&R. Maybe have a skeleton crew working on a sequel to get a head start

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019

The team is split between Milan and Paris. Creative direction is in Milan, a lot of production/level design + marketing is in Paris. Teams are typically brand-exclusive unless you choose to switch to a different project (or there's a mandate making you).

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it will be an iterative sequel. I am expecting something bold from them

I feel the same. The first game sold ok, but the sequel might have a hard time selling if it's a carbon copy of the first.

I think there's gonna be big change in the sequel. My wish is ditching Mario and crew and replacing then with DK and crew. Our apes already have firearms (peanut powered) so it should be more interesting than Mario folk.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
I feel the same. The first game sold ok, but the sequel might have a hard time selling if it's a carbon copy of the first.

I think there's gonna be big change in the sequel. My wish is ditching Mario and crew and replacing then with DK and crew. Our apes already have firearms (peanut powered) so it should be more interesting than Mario folk.
X-Kong: Enemy Country

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Star Fox SRPG then.

Reuse those fur shaders.

Star Fox you said?

qFImxrn.jpg

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I'll be awaiting the Captains update on BotW 2.
You and me both. BotW was quite possibly my most anticipated game of all time because of how dramatically it appeared to evolve the Zelda formula. While I'm not sure that I'll be able to reach quite the same level of excitement for BotW2 because we know more of what to expect from the formula, I have full faith that it could be even superior to its predecessor if they just make some excellent dungeons for this one.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
While we are talking FETH, I've never played a FE game before and had no intention of doing so but I got the collectors Edition for 50% and bought it.

I doubt I will ever play all houses but can you get away with playing just one of the houses and get a "full story" or do I need to play more than one?
Also, I always like to play the good guys.. which house do I pick? :P
I recommend the Blue Lions Path.

There a certain scene that's handled much better in this path then the others.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You and me both. BotW was quite possibly my most anticipated game of all time because of how dramatically it appeared to evolve the Zelda formula. While I'm not sure that I'll be able to reach quite the same level of excitement for BotW2 because we know more of what to expect from the formula, I have full faith that it could be even superior to its predecessor if they just make some excellent dungeons for this one.
I have extremely high expectations for BotW 2 and I expect Nintendo will take the feedbacks, especially for dungeons, and make things better while adding in their new and unique twists.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Around mid-January we're gonna enter that phase where every "insiders" and their moms start talking about Nintendo Directs and whatnot.

Then Nintendo will announce that Direct and they'll go: "SEE I WAS RIGHT!"

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Around mid-January we're gonna enter that phase where every "insiders" and their moms start talking about Nintendo Directs and whatnot.

Then Nintendo will announce that Direct and they'll go: "SEE I WAS RIGHT!"
the good thing is we know which insiders to trust and which are either aping off real insider or just making crap up.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Hmm. If not Mario + Rabbids 2 then I'm very interested in what Ubi Milan is working on, especially if it's a Switch game.

Status
Not open for further replies.