• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
lol welp!

I guess post-Reggie Nintendo prefers to keep their big announcements on their turf (which it seems the other studios didn't share anything noteworthy either?)

However if Zelda is still a 2020 release (which based on latest info it is I guess), then I expect we'll see it before E3

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
So far from what I remember for next year's exclusives this far:

Animal Crossing New Horizons
Bravely Default 2
No More Heroes 3
SMTFE: Encore
Xenoblade Definitive Edition
Panzer Dragoon

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
lol welp!

I guess post-Reggie Nintendo prefers to keep their big announcements on their turf (which it seems the other studios didn't share anything noteworthy either?)

However if Zelda is still a 2020 release (which based on latest info it is I guess), then I expect we'll see it before E3
Based on what latest info? I mean if anything it's absence here should cast doubt on 2020 even tho I still believe

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo's taking next year off so they'll be back in 2021 all refreshed and ready to rock

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Only games I'm buying so far in 2020 is Xenoblade and Sports Story. Maybe TMS if I feel like it in January. Will be fun to see how 2020 shapes up.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this year they really didn't give anything to geoff, did they?
i guess for the better, the show was a bore outside of nintendo stuff as well.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
lol welp!

Xbox went all-in on the Keighleys I feel

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I haven't been able to watch any of the trailers - how we all feeling about the Switch showing?

If I'm right, we got Marvel dlc, a new No More Heroes 3 trailer, and the Bravely Default 2 announcement. I'm pretty pleased about a new Bravely game, but it's obviously not the hype rush a Zelda trailer would have been.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed but thanks to the great Cranky Kong fiasco my soul has been tempered to be okay with it.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Must be one the very, very few people satisfied I guess. NMH3 looks great and BD2 was a great surprise as well. The two of them being exclusive was a nice surprise as well.

It's a nice surprise that other people can't play those games? That's such a strange mindset.

For what it's worth I liked these announcements better than last year. Even though I hate jrpgs.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
End of year Direct or New Year Direct?

Their lack of big announce at TGA has me hopeful for a nice Direct coming soon.

I'm guessing there's got to be a January Direct. By January it is going to feel like forever since we've heard anything and we don't really have much of an idea of what the year looks like for releases outside of Animal Crossing.

We need more!

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
About the calendar of the next Directs, I feel that we could have a January general Direct and a February Animal Crossing Direct this year, unless they are shifted of one month (February and early March). But, since we didn't get any information abou the last Smash DLC for the Fighter Pass, I am leaning towards the first option,

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
A Smash announcement made sense since they have to release the last fighter in February. I guess we are getting a Direct un January then.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
So NMH 3 and BD 2 were the only Nintendo related announcements at the Game Awards?
Kinda disappointing for me. I am not touching any game developed by the Octopath Traveller devs.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this year's TGA was bad in general. Some cool game announcements here and there but nothing special for me. The only surprising announcement was the new Xbox and that's it. I still can't believe they closed the show with such a bad looking game and the funniest part is that it's not even coming to the Switch hahaha.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Wow thank god I didn't stay awake for this. Cool updates on already announced games, but 0 big announcements.
And Bravely Default 2 is the weirdest thing, when I was scrolling through Nibel's thread on twitter, I thought "uh, they're only porting the second one and not the first one ? Weird" only to realize that it's a different game from Bravely Second lol

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, i was wrong with BotW 2. But i honestly didn't expect Nintendo's whole TGA stuff to be third party games and content.

Must be a first.

With BotW2 absent here, i don't expect it to show up in the first 2020 Direct. Next time we see it might be E³ Direct with full name and launch date / timeframe.

E:

Anyone check on Mimosa? Are they okay? ^^

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Despite liking the No More Heroes games I was genuinely sad when Goddamn Superhero got replaced by it.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I actually saw that as a third party exclusive. I know, Nintendo publishing and all. ^^
It's definitely first party. Nintendo funded the game, they chosed the dev team, and some of their producers worked on it just like any first party games.

If you want to cheat, you can count Bravely Default 2 as a first party announce too since, even if it wasn't announced, will definitely be published by Nintendo of America and Europe. But yeah this one is cheating :p

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Well I guess the next Nintendo Direct has to be in around mid January or Early February. Or at least the Announcement for the 5th Smash DLC Fighter, when they wanna gonna Release the 5th Fightet by February 2020.

Well lets wait and see...

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
We should will a Christmas Eve Direct into existence like the Chibi Robo on fire one.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The reactions to the Game Awards really show why we can't have nice things and why the show's name should be changed.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
Will Bravely 2 be an exclusive title? Or will it be released on other plattforms as well?

Regarding Zelda: I didn't expect BotW2 to be there, so I am fine. But I think if it will not be shown in a possible January/February Direct, then it will most probably be shifted to 2021. Because I think Nintendo will promote it very significantly and the period between E3 and a BF-Release would be too short for it.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
idk what to think. I'm not sure if Nintendo will do the next big 3D Mario in 2020 and BotW 2 in the same year. It's not really their thing. 2017 was different. Then they both would have to share E3 2020. In 2017 they didn't have to since BotW got its time at E3 2016 and released before the following E3.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
idk what to think. I'm not sure if Nintendo will do the next big 3D Mario in 2020 and BotW 2 in the same year. It's not really their thing. 2017 was different. Then they both would have to share E3 2020. In 2017 they didn't have to since BotW got its time at E3 2016 and released before the following E3.
Imo, BOTW2 between october and december 2020, Odyssey 2 in march 2021.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019

I think the only way to release 3D Mario and 3D Zelda in one calendar year is if they release one of them early in the year and the other one late in the year (as they did it 2017).

But this will obviously not happen in 2020, because none of them will be released in spring 2020. So I think that one of these is a 2020-game and the other one a 2021-game. I would agree to MaitreWakou here.

Status
Not open for further replies.