• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are no rumored Nintendo games. The only rumored games are Batman, Elden Ring and Crash. I guess there's the 4chan "rumor" that mentions KOS-MOS and Bayonetta 3
yea, it's very vague and doesn't really pertain to anything. loosing hype because of the comment only means you were overhyping this in the first place

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Again, Reggie will likely be here for a speech and/or announcing awards.
Not for a Nintendo announcement.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
Y'all JUMPY in here when it comes to what does or does not confirm or deconfirm certain things from Nintendo

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say it's 50/50 with Reggie. Sure he's there as his own person and as a presenter without connection to a publisher, on the other hand he himself knows that he is still "connected" to Nintendo despite his retirement.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people have to keep telling me Reggie is only there to give a speech? He can make Nintendo announcements. He might be retired it doesn't mean he can't communicate with Nintendo.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
What's up with all the people in this thread telling us to chill out? So far I haven't seen anything outlandish here yet besides speculation which you know is the point of this thread lol.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reggie's gonna say: Geoff, just because I retired do you think I can't make any Nintendo announcements anymore?
Geoff: Yes yes Reggie
Reggie: Well you're wrong

I mean I can see a setup like this happening

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm predicting a, "oh.. and one more thing" after whatever his regular speech/duty is.
Yeah don't companies let random celebrities make announcements lol. We're talking about a beloved figure of the Nintendo company and the former president of NoA. He's been here every year making announcements. Maybe Doug Bowser won't mind because he knows the fans love seeing Reggie and Geoff together.

Furukawa could say "hey Reggie do you mind announcing the BotW 2 trailer we have for the Game Awards?"

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's a chance Reggie gets an award for his career, they always have one for industry people every year.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
Reggie's retired now. You know what that means?

You want him to make an announcement for you, you gotta pay his independent consulting rate.

Does Nintendo have that kind of money? Experts suggest that no, no they do not.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
idk Reggie feels more like a "guest of honor", so somehow I don't view his participation as a sign of anything games-wise? But ofc I could be wrong

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Reggie is here just because his interactions with Geoff are legendary.
Like the tweet video says, it's not TGA without those two together.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
idk Reggie feels more like a "guest of honor", so somehow I don't view his participation as a sign of anything games-wise? But ofc I could be wrong
Speaking seriously I tend to assume the same. He'll be there to say some words, have a back-and-forth with Geoff, and then watch most of the show from the front row with no pressure to perform on behalf of a major corporation

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think the important thing is regardless of him announcing something or not, that will not change Nintendo's announcements. If BotW 2 is there it has nothing to do with Reggie. Someone will announce it like Doug Bowser or Bill

Considering the real Reggie is retired and muppet Reggie is probably Nintendo's property I could easily see this being true.

Right

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Speaking seriously I tend to assume the same. He'll be there to say some words, have a back-and-forth with Geoff, and then watch most of the show from the front row with no pressure to perform on behalf of a major corporation
He'll also give the GOTY award to Sakurai for Smash

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Honestly I'm still kinda sad he's retired (even if he's living his best life now) - being a black man in a position of influence and power in a Japanese company within a notoriously exclusive industry was a huge inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.