• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Doug Bowser and Reggie are there, Reggie is there out of retirement. As Nintendo fans, we're gonna eat well. I'd be more worried about the other non-Nintendo rumored games, myself.
Yeah I've always thought since everyone else was gearing up for next gen, Nintendo would be the standout for this show. Hoping they pull through.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Geoff probably read this topic and saw we were down and decided to post that tweet about Reggie to get us hyped back up. He reads these topics.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Well, now I don't know what to expect... what ever its gonna be I let me Surprise...because I gonna get up at 2:30 Am and watch the whole show😅

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
If you're that scared of disappointment (idk why but ok) just expect something for Nintendo. Why go for specifics?

It's not that I'm scared of disappointment, it's just that Nintendo announcements at The Game Awards are usually about things I'm not interested in. And that's fine. But that makes it kind of difficult for me to get hyped for what Nintendo has in store, and I just assume that whatever it is that I am interested in won't be there. lol

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
What is the point of replying to a message from two weeks ago to say this?:
More than Snake, at any rate... He's in the game.
If you think that Master Chief is a bigger gaming icon than Solid Snake... welp.
Is this a joke post? Halo alone sold the Xbox console and new entries continue to sell well. Chief is the closest thing Microsoft has to a mascot and is absolutely a gaming icon.
I know it is not easy to hold an opinion that is different from the one that most of the people have, but sure you are annoying.

We´ll talk in a few hours.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
I think Nintendo will announce a brandnew game that is a 3rd-Party-Exclusive. Comparable to MUA3 from last years show. My favourite would be a Disney project (3D Ducktales Game or something like that), but for sure it could be anything else.

Beside of that, I think they will show material for an already announced game. Bayonetta 3, SMT 5 or No more Heroes 3 are the most probably candidates here. I would not exclude Animal Crossing. They have shown very little material till now for that game and the release is in three months. For sure, there will also be another direct untill release but maybe Nintendo wants to promote that game at VGAs too.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Master Chief is iconic, but singling out Snake, (who's games popularized cinematography in gaming which plays a huge role in the landscape these days and has a game on each of the first three PlayStations that could arguably be considered each of their defining exclusive games in terms of popularity and pushing the hardware forward on top of being fucking amazing) instead of someone like Bayonetta or Richter Belmont is definitely an odd take.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is the point of replying to a message from two weeks ago to say this?:

If you think that Master Chief is a bigger gaming icon than Solid Snake... welp.

I know it is not easy to hold an opinion that is different from the one that most of the people have, but sure you are annoying.

We´ll talk in a few hours.
I'm not saying, or expecting, Master Chief to be revealed for Smash at the Game Awards. Could it happen? Maybe, but there's no evidence of that. I'm not somehow "wrong" if he doesn't appear there.

The point is the character IS iconic enough to appear in smash. It's not a matter of opinion that I could have different from yours. It's a fact. Halo is one of the biggest franchises in gaming and its main character is extremely iconic. Certainly moreso than many of the third party characters already in the game. That franchise literally allowed Microsoft to enter into the gaming market and has continued to be its flagship first party franchise.

Arguing against this is just plain wrong.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iconography doesn't have a lot to do with smash when Joker is in the game. John Halo deserves a spot as much as anyone. Regardless of if you like the games, a lot of elements from Halo are super iconic, not just mister spartan

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
If there's no BOTW 2 tomorrow it just means there'll be good reason to be excited for the next direct.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
I don`t understand why so many want this Metroid trilogy, is it that good? I have seen videos on youtube and I am not interested. I would only possibly be interested in the new game, Metroid Prime 4.
The first Metroid Prime game is still one of the highest rated games of all time, yes they are that good. There is a reason people are still asking for them after all those years.

Gianko

Nov 1, 2017
ROME, ITALY
i bet that the reason why Reggie will be there is because he really wants to introduce to the Nintendo audience the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Remember the pin he wore back in the days?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Nintendo will announce a brandnew game that is a 3rd-Party-Exclusive. Comparable to MUA3 from last years show. My favourite would be a Disney project (3D Ducktales Game or something like that), but for sure it could be anything else.

Beside of that, I think they will show material for an already announced game. Bayonetta 3, SMT 5 or No more Heroes 3 are the most probably candidates here. I would not exclude Animal Crossing. They have shown very little material till now for that game and the release is in three months. For sure, there will also be another direct untill release but maybe Nintendo wants to promote that game at VGAs too.
I think we'll see another Mario & Rabbids/Cadence of Hyrule-esque game

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should want Master Chief in smash just for the music alone.
And the stage. We'd get an iconic stage

1.jpg

latest

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Halo game on a Nintendo system? Yeah I don't think that's happening. Maybe a smash appearance and that's it. I guess xcloud?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Halo game on a Nintendo system? Yeah I don't think that's happening. Maybe a smash appearance and that's it. I guess xcloud?

No one really knows what it is. It could be the MCC (unlikely), or just a single game or streaming via Xcloud. Who knows

Zell did imply that Halo-Switch wouldn't be at TGA, didn't he?

Just throwing it out there before people try to dunk on him if it doesn't show.
That is correct. He never said when it would be announced, just that he doesn't think it will happen at TGA.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Idk, I wouldn't necessarily take Geoff's "warning" as relating to Nintendo announcements (unless it's Metroid related, but I don't see a lot of people expecting that anyway).

He has nothing to gain by overhyping the show - it can only blow back on him.

Nintendo is well-represented there, so logic dictates that they're not going to waste an opportunity to have ~25mil eyes on something not appealing/exciting to the market as a whole.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I'm still hoping for either Zelda or a new title reveal from Nintendo.

If Zelda's on track for 2020, I think it makes sense to show it now. The franchise is bigger than it ever has been thanks to BotW and it's the game that kick started Switch. That being said, Nintendo gonna do what Nintendo gonna do - I'll be catching up on any announcements at 6:30am tomorrow before work.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
A lot of people still seem to think Batman will be there on Twitter - perhaps that's what Geoff's referring to?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I approve of mass FE Three Houses votes and love. Rough around the edges, yet still the best FE game to date imo.

Can't wait for the next mainline game if they're able to build on Three Houses ground-work and improve.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
You guys really need to stop tagging Geoff. This is getting kind of ridiculous. Sit back and enjoy the ride (or don't). But stop summoning the guy just because you want your fears/desires validated. He's got a big day ahead of him tomorrow. Not everything is about you.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You guys really need to stop tagging Geoff. This is getting kind of ridiculous. Sit back and enjoy the ride (or don't). But stop summoning the guy just because you want your fears/desires validated. He's got a big day ahead of him tomorrow. Not everything is about you.
Chill out. Nobody is taking it serious. Nobody needs anything validated on here by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.