• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
OH LMAO you guys think Nibel could be teasing PERSONA 5????

man that's too ridiculous even for me

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
For real though, as much as I definitely want to see BotW 2 I'd rather them announce a brand new first party game here if possible. I love completely unknown stuff more than updates on things we know about.
That's how I feel. Like don't get me wrong, I love Zelda, but at this point I already know it's coming and I don't really feel like I even need updates/trailers on it until it's closer to release. It's Zelda, you kind of know what to expect that this point. Give me something new.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
For real though, as much as I definitely want to see BotW 2 I'd rather them announce a brand new first party game here if possible. I love completely unknown stuff more than updates on things we know about.

I wanted to say the same, but I didn't want to trigger some of those overly shocked answers I'm used to.
Zelda is nice to see obviously, but whenever this kind of event happens, I'm much more curious about things I do not know that things I already know are coming.
I'd like another game using the Zelda engine, but that's a pipe dream...

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
👀 is the equivalent of any vague tease a leaker can post to say "see I told you you had to watch this! Man, it feels good to be right once again"

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Im just hoping to see Bayo 3 now that Astral Chain released.
It makes sense to see it here, contrary to the other games I want (Rhythm Heaven, Ace attorney or other "portable" franchises).

vedrua

Oct 26, 2019
The answer is simple

After the Wii U, Tsujimoto didn't believe in Nintendo consoles. It was an educated guess. It turned out to be wrong. Oh well. It will take them longer to spin up the gears.

I'd let 2020 finish before you declare it to be a matter of drama, because I imagine the only hurt feelings here are on the part of Nintendo fans and not any actual companies.
I heard he was really upset too because Luigi's Mansion 3 looks like a 3DS game.

You better watch out, we Europeans take over soon. There will be euro-style healthcare and all ... conservatives will hate it! ;]

No worries: soon in Europe we won't have a good healthcare, educationnal or social system anymore either, but we'll pretend to believe, just like the Democrats do in the US, that progressism is now about dividing people into groups.

We don't know what other games they have in the works for 2020 though, so it's exciting to learn about new stuff.
I'm really curious about the recent Nintendo tweets about a a 2D game and a 3D "action game" (Odyssey 2?). Donkey Kong would match really well with TGA.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Ah damnit. Now the hype is getting to me. Despite the fact that the likely reveals have all been speculated endlessly already.

Nobody say Metroid. Nobody even hint at it. I can't take another cruel burn like last year.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
1f440.png

mine are bigger.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LOL so we've reached that point in the hype cycle.

Who's ready for tomorrow night?

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I really hope this isn't about Smash. I'm really tired of that game. And if there is a new fighter, I hope it won't be the only new announcement...

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's hard for leakers to leak things nowadays. I think there are more Nintendo Ninjas around these busy gaming websites to keep an eye on who is saying what.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know what to expect or what I want. A proper Bayo 3 reveal would be nice I guess.
If we see something Metroid-related, then it better be from a new game (either Prime 4 footage, which I don't really expect, or the reveal of a brand new 2D Metroid). Miss me with remaster/remake stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.