• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vergeben is a fraud. He took Jon's prediction from a Gamexplain video and used it as his own "rumor". People are weird. They want someone to follow no matter how many times they're wrong to salivate their interests.

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
My wish list of new announceables for the next ND:
- Pikmin 4 (or an expanded version of 3)
- Super Mario Galaxy Deluxe (remastered with both games 1 &2 included)
-Super Mario 3d World
-the Wonderful 101 remastered
- ring fit adventure DLC
- Luigi's Mansion 3 DLC with better online better ghost variety and more stuff to spend money on
- a quirky and clever new ip that blows 1-2switch out of the water.

If all of these were announced my gaming year would be complete.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all telling me The Prince from Katamari still has a chance?

(FWIW I still think Geno would be who Sakurai saves for Fighter 5)

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I called it the other day:

Dash Rendar is fighter number 5.

latest

Alternatively, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire is being remastered/remade.

Jon acting all coy with his Dash tweet ;)

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
Doctre81 digs up lots of stuff from Linkedn, but we still haven't had any of them confirmed yet. We still have Virtous' remaster of a PS3/Xbox 360 and WB Montreal's Switch port to be revealed.

Joke?
Virtous Remaster 360 remaster was LA Noire
Fornite confirmed for switch a year before anyone
Little Nightmares and its developer confirmed for switch
Metroid Prime 4 original dev
Cancelled Mortal Kombat 1-3 remasters
Witcher 3 confirmation
AC Creed 4 collection switch

Come on man lol

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Not a LinkedIn dig, it's right there on the studio's website

Interesting. They're a 40 person studio, the reveal of this Disney remake might take some time.

Joke?
Virtous Remaster 360 remaster was LA Noire
Fornite confirmed for switch a year before anyone
Little Nightmares and its developer confirmed for switch
Metroid Prime 4 original dev
Cancelled Mortal Kombat 1-3 remasters
Witcher 3 confirmation
AC Creed 4 collection switch

Come on man lol

Sorry, forgot that LA Noire and Little Nightmares were your stuff. Yeah, LA Noire did come out be true and that was one of the most shocking announcements on Switch. Rockstar returning to Nintendo? That was hard to believe.

Wonder what this Virtous remaster is. Literally there are tons of options.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting. They're a 40 person studio, the reveal of this Disney remake might take some time.

Sorry, forgot that LA Noire and Little Nightmares were your stuff. Yeah, LA Noire did come out be true and that was one of the most shocking announcements on Switch. Rockstar returning to Nintendo? That was hard to believe.

Wonder what this Virtous remaster is. Literally there are tons of options.
Oh you were talking about the other remake from virtuos. I thought you were talking about from years back.

vedrua

Oct 26, 2019
Most likely scenario is that Tanabe wanted to make a new Metroid Prime and Retro was busy on other stuff so he shopped the idea around. With Nintendo and Bandai Namco being pretty close and having worked on multiple games in the past, the latter threw a pitch together that convinced Nintendo to give it a go.

It doesn't have to be more complicated than that.
Some Star Wars 1313 former developers were rumoured to be part of the project and it seemed very interesting too. But I really have the felling that if Retro was not in charge of MP4 since day one it's because they had issues. Nintendo would not have any reason not to trust them at first, Prime Trilogy went really well. Something may have happened.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Some Star Wars 1313 former developers were rumoured to be part of the project and it seemed very interesting too. But I really have the felling that if Retro was not in charge of MP4 since day one it's because they had issues. Nintendo would not have any reason not to trust them at first, Prime Trilogy went really well. Something may have happened.
Maybe so many of the former Metroid Prime staff left Retro to create Armature or join 343 that Nintendo didn't see much difference between leaving Metroid Prime 4 with Retro and taking it to Bandai Namco. Bandai Namco would have more staff to allow for a more ambitious game. Obviously Bamco was the wrong choice for the job, though.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017

I think they probably didnt wanna do metroid but once they saw someone else with their baby they had a change of heart.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone watching SpawnWave's podcast? They're making their Game Awards predictions and Nates in there. Time to find out everything.

I wished I didn't listen to it. Nate is so hard to listen to saying Animal Crossing would be good to show. Idk all these people seemed to forget BotW was revealed at E3 2014 and gameplay was shown at Game Awards 2014. Yeah they seemed to think it might be there, but nobody brought up the precedence of BotW being at the Game Awards multiple times.

Last edited:

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Kind of hoping for a nice surprise like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 last year. Was a pretty out of left field announcement.

Oct 31, 2017
Would love to hear something even if just cryptic hints from Emily. She is one of the only true insiders i believe nowadays.
She had so much for us this time last year.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I'm glad that VGA speculation is just speculation and there's not any definitve Nintendo trailers that have been leaked.

Oct 31, 2017
Vergeben is a fraud. He took Jon's prediction from a Gamexplain video and used it as his own "rumor". People are weird. They want someone to follow no matter how many times they're wrong to salivate their interests.
There's a person exactly like Vergeben in the Star Wars leaks community and it's gross. Stealing forum posts, podcast comments, makes tons of vague predictions from his "insiders", is constantly wrong and disproven yet has tons of people following him and sometimes his dumb made up rumors get spread by large and somewhat reputable websites. Do people take pleasure in being knowingly bamboozled?

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would love to hear something even if just cryptic hints from Emily. She is one of the only true insiders i believe nowadays.
She had so much for us this time last year.

Emily's list was perfect because it came after a year many on here weren't happy about and it revealed just enough to keep the excitement going without ruining the pleasant surprises.

I'm glad that VGA speculation is just speculation and there's not any definitve Nintendo trailers that have been leaked.

Did we ever have a proper Nintendo trailer leak?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone watching SpawnWave's podcast? They're making their Game Awards predictions and Nates in there. Time to find out everything.

I wished I didn't listen to it. Nate is so hard to listen to saying Animal Crossing would be good to show. Idk all these people seemed to forget BotW was revealed at E3 2014 and gameplay was shown at Game Awards 2014. Yeah they seemed to think it might be there, but nobody brought up the precedence of BotW being at the Game Awards multiple times.
Damn animal crossing at TGA? Nate knows better! 🤪

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I get that Sabi has their haters (I'm not the biggest fan of them myself. Too many teases and not enough info), but saying that they don't know anything is false. They almost got sued during E3 for leaking so much stuff for God sake.

They claimed they were approached by Nintendo's lawyers. I haven't seen any proof for that claim and it again was much hot air without giving any information.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
They claimed they were approached by Nintendo's lawyers. I haven't seen any proof for that claim and it again was much hot air without giving any information.
Yeah. Felt more like "I didn't get any informations about Nintendo... Time to pretend I can't share it"
It's hilarious because Nintendo is litterally the only one you could had leaked if you had access to traditional infos... Since journalists actually saw the direct prior to its diffusion, minus the BOTW2 trailer. Yet Sabi probably didn't know shit. Lol.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody realized it, but Nintendo secretly told us what will be revealed at the Game Awards.

Interesting that these games are releasing on December 12th...hmm same day as the Game Awards.

-Star Fox 2
-Super Punch-Out
-Kirby Superstar
-Breathe of Fire 2

Star Fox, Punch Out, Kirby and BoF are getting new games revealed for Switch at the Game Awards!

it was a joke post

Status
Not open for further replies.