• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
In all seriousness how do we not have a Shadows of the Empire remake/remaster yet?

Aspyr is doing HD remasters of old SW games and they have couple more unannounced ones. But Shadows of the Empire is too outdated visually, it might need a full remake.

Personally I'd want a Battle of Naboo remake.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
The security breach thing continues to be some weird unverifiable assumption that sounds so silly. We know for a fact that Sabi does have some sources based on the various corroborations from more credible sources like the VR Plant leaker. It's just a question of how much Sabi actually knows.

I'll take no Smash though if that sets in stone a Jan Direct.

Like I said, Sabi tries way too hard to stay relevant. They don't know shit.

ivandlspozas

Jan 28, 2019
Since September there is no rumor about Nintendo. I am afraid that 2020 may be like 2018. After 2017 full of games there was a lot of silence and the big games did not arrive until the last quarter. I hope that TGA will surprise us or that the hype will return in January, because if you don't like Animal Crossing, right now there isn't much more in the short term. And PS4/XO will have many games the first months.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The original concept of Scalebound on Wii comes back with the girl controlling the dragon. It could look like this.

ring-fit-adventure.original.jpg

Defect

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't take any Nintendo rumors too seriously at this point. Maybe like a day or two out from the TGAs but I doubt anybody knows anything at this point.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Damn nintendo is secretive. Geoff is the only one in the TGA team who knew about Joker

And he only got confirmation or even any info about it until a WEEK or two before the show. That's deadly levels of close for such a huge production

Also Geoff said closer to 15 new game announcements now instead of just 10

*Thinking*

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Geoff said there's 15 announcements. Nintendo must've threw a bunch on him. Considering he also said Smash didn't become a thing until like a week or 2 before then it makes sense announcements could've been added this week.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Geoff said there's 15 announcements. Nintendo must've threw a bunch on him. Considering he also said Smash didn't become a thing until like a week or 2 before then it makes sense announcements could've been added this week.

I don't think we're getting 5 reveals from Nintendo alone. Another company could have added some as well. I think it's more likely we'll get one or two new announcements from Nintendo, along with a trailer for something that's already been announced, like Bayonetta 3 or BotW2.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think we're getting 5 reveals from Nintendo alone. Another company could have added some as well. I think it's more likely we'll get one or two new announcements from Nintendo, along with a trailer for something that's already been announced, like Bayonetta 3 or BotW2.
I was joking about Geoff getting 5 games from Nintendo. I agree we'll get like 2-3 things from Nintendo. If Smash is there then that means Geoff probably didn't find out until this week or last week.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Before anyone thinks to, I'm not the actual Geoff. Please don't ask me.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should I have any hope of it being like the first two? Nah, right? Or is there a chance since the people who made the "replacement series" Mario & Luigi went under?

I have hope. Nintendo has done a good job listening to Nintendo fans this gen when it comes to their video game series. Paper Mario is the only series left that needs to return to its roots.

Showing my ass yet again, but does Zippo have insider info??

I'm not sure. They've made some claims like the Paper Mario being well in to development and Halo coming to Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.