• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know a lot of people are predicting Bayonetta 3 at Game Awards. I think if we don't see it we'll definitely see it in the first 2020 direct.

Now that all the nominations stuff is out of the way, Geoff should begin the teasing this week.

Ok, so which of these Nintendo Direct intros is the best?

The second or third one

Last edited:

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Ah I remember the great Direct Wars of 2013. So many angry people. "Nintendo won't have any on stage presentations any more at E3!?!? How will people know they're at E3?Without an audience, how will we know when to be excited?"

The aversion at first towards the Direct was so bizarre. Arguments like Nintendo giving up and people clinging to onstage presentations were abundant. While the pacing of Directs at first was far from perfect, the potential was there. Glad Nintendo went through with it.

During the Switch era the Directs became perfect honestly. Good to see many folks have embraced the format and preferring it to the sloggish stage presentations.

Do wish we could have the tongue in cheek Directs back like the Robot Chicken one. That one was fire.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Mimosa is giving me the confidence I need.

I can see that now lol

3 more weeks until i die of either alcohol poisoning or crushing disappontment (until the next Direct season)

Looking at the list ... i hope your "feeling" Mimosa works out, or else i advice to make that "1 Mimosa for 1 on the BotW2 @ TGA list" thing under medical supervision! ;D

maybe they will be baby mimosas, that way i live to play the game!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
All intros are good, the issue is with the transitions.
Like the one that was spoiling all the Direct was the worst.

Reporting on those ones live was funny, just seeing Kirby's face with zero context coming up and trying to figure out what it could even be ahead of time

I think the recent Directs have nailed the aesthetics and pacing, the only thing that's really missing is the lack of goofy skits, but I think Doug Bowser will be up for more of that considering the silly video he was in with Bowser. Next E3 will be fun.

Last edited:

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing about modern Directs that really bothers me and I am totally aware that I am in the minority here is the headline format. It sounds stupid but I hate that the headlines most of the time spoil what is about to be announced. I usually look away when the headlines come up lol.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Reporting on those ones live was funny, just seeing Kirby's face with zero context coming up and trying to figure out what it could even be ahead of time

I think the recent Directs have nailed the aesthetics and pacing, the only thing that's really missing is the lack of goofy skits, but I think Doug Bowser will be up for more of that considering the silly video he was in with Bowser. Next E3 will be fun.
I'm talking about headlines like those:
8JUTwcr.jpg

Tons of context.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm talking about headlines like those:
8JUTwcr.jpg

Tons of context.

Oh right yeah, that was kinda silly. I can't imagine anyone was tempted to tune out of a Direct part way through and was enticed to stick around thanks to those headlines, I figure most people watching a Direct live are there for the whole ride.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the headlines format. It was a way to keep me engaged and guessing what's next when something was being shown that I didn't have much interest in.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Just the next headline is fine yeah.
I'd still prefer if there was nothing though, but they do a mix of those currently.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
There are many independent developers which should reveal their next game soon; at least that's my hope. Those which made Golf Story for example, or those which made Yoku's Island Express. I think that, as always, I am more looking forward to the next Indie direct than to the next regular one.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Hey sorry this thread is a lot and kinda hard to read. Do we think we're getting a Direct before The Game Awards? Or are we not getting one until the new year?

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Seems like a lot of people are always saying "We will get another Direct after one in September before end of the year".
But point is there really is no need for it, i mean why would you reveal 2020 games closer to end of the year when you need to sell 2019 games first?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Seems like a lot of people are always saying "We will get another Direct after one in September before end of the year".
But point is there really is no need for it, i mean why would you reveal 2020 games closer to end of the year when you need to sell 2019 games first?
There is never a need for a post-September Direct anymore

Nintendo can use the Game Awards to announce whatever they want to announce at the end of the year

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
There is never a need for a post-September Direct anymore

Nintendo can use the Game Awards to announce whatever they want to announce at the end of the year
They haven't had more than one general direct second half of the year since 2013 anyway. The last 4 years it's just one in september. 2014 and 15 just had one in november.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest with you guys.
I miss getting new NES games every month.
I'm hoping we get more added soon.

I just hope we get a pleasant surprise or 2 during TGA.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like how Nintendo ruins the surprises. Look at the September direct. They still show you what's coming. The "final thing" they don't do that for like Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.