• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking the name "Scalebound" fit very well with a girl controlling dinosaurs. I haven't kept up with the latest science, but if they bring that concept back then maybe they'd call it Featherbound...

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Sakurai confused on why Smash is being nominated for GOTY at this years awards?Lol he even mentions this was where Joker stole the invitation. Maybe him talking like this could mean Smash won't be revealing the 5th character here

Last edited:

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Is Sakurai confused on why Smash is being nominated for GOTY at this years awards?Lol he even mentions this was where Joker stole the invitation. Maybe him talking like this could mean Smash won't be revealing the 5th character here

Yeah, at first lol. I think his confused and marketing are a sperate issue.

For TGA reveal, It should be something that hijacks the people's attention like Bayonetta3 and Joker on Smash.

Last edited:

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
If botw2 is at the game awards we might get a title reveal. If so, place your bets. I think it'll be "something" of the wild. Just can't figure out anything that doesn't sound cringey lol

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
It's unlikely, but it'd be nice if the next assassin's Creed was coming to switch. Those are good games.
After all, Gods and Monsters is supposed to be by the same team, so hopefully, they'll enjoy working with the system.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol, why is Smash Bros nominated for GOTY? That game released nearly a year ago. There are many other Nintendo games they could have nominated... like LM3... Geoff, why? Just why?

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Smash came out during the period TGA considers 2019.

It's good that they remembered since games released in December often get overlooked since they weren't released in the calendar year.

Maybe they learnt their mistakes after all the negative feedback from XC2 being snubbed for a best OST nomination last year (same December release situation).

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
After Xenoblade 2 got completely snubbed in 2018, it's only a good thing that Ultimate is getting the nominations it deserves.

XB2 not making it into Best Score or Best RPG was a tragedy.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
lol, why is Smash Bros nominated for GOTY? That game released nearly a year ago. There are many other Nintendo games they could have nominated... like LM3... Geoff, why? Just why?
Because Smash Ultimate is in the top 3 of the best Switch games with BOTW and Odyssey.
LM3 not being nominated for best art direction is indeed weird, but Smash is definitely, without a single doubt, the Nintendo game that deserved the GOTY nomination this year.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After Xenoblade 2 got completely snubbed in 2018, it's only a good thing that Ultimate is getting the nominations it deserves.

XB2 not making it into Best Score or Best RPG was a tragedy.
Yep. It's good they (the media) learned after Xenoblade Chronicles 2 got screwed over. At least it should've been up for best music. It's not even funny.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Divisive" has lost all meaning thanks to this board. You could call Xenoblade Chronicles 2 a pineapple and you'd be equally correct.

I was thinking the name "Scalebound" fit very well with a girl controlling dinosaurs. I haven't kept up with the latest science, but if they bring that concept back then maybe they'd call it Featherbound...

One primary character controlling other secondary characters. Where have I seen this before...

6e0c5579f86b251b2b0a330d82132491b55a2ac0.jpg

But as I said, there are probably good reasons why they abandoned the first concept and why the "real" Scalebound was cancelled. The basic idea of a girl controlling dinosaurs sounds cool though. They should get the Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur license from Marvel.

14967669178003790563ykb2.png

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Anyone can understand that it was not nominated for some categories, but not being in "Best OST" is inexplicable.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I try to stay out of the Xenoblade 2 topics. So many times it devolves into the character designs and negativity. Of course other aspects will be brought up, but I feel not as much as character designs.

This is why I hope their new IP STRAYS away from those types of designs because you want the conversation to be about your game. You want people to not think about the characters and for the attention to be there. Nobody talks about Nintendo's character designs because they're good. We talk about the gameplay, at style, music, etc. That's what you want the conversation to be about.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I try to stay out of the Xenoblade 2 topics. So many times it devolves into the character designs and negativity. Of course other aspects will be brought up, but I feel not as much as character designs.

This is why I hope their new IP STRAYS away from those types of designs because you want the conversation to be about your game. You want people to not think about the characters and for the attention to be there. Nobody talks about Nintendo's character designs because they're good. We talk about the gameplay, at style, music, etc. That's what you want the conversation to be about.
I personally have no issue with people liking it enough to say they think it deserved a GOTY nomination or a win. But the fake surprise of 'oh look the media somehow dropped the ball and forgot about XC2 for GOTY' is silly because it's entirely in line with its critical reception which was mixed. Well...mixed relative to GOTY standards, it obviously still reviewed well.

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
I personally have no issue with people liking it enough to say they think it deserved a GOTY nomination or a win. But the fake surprise of 'oh look the media somehow dropped the ball and forgot about XC2 for GOTY' is silly because it's entirely in line with its critical reception which was mixed. Well...mixed relative to GOTY standards, it obviously still reviewed well.

And yet it has the same metascore as death stranding.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
If Super Mario 3D World will happen (it most likely will), just imagine if online coop is here. That would be so nice, but i doubt it that Nintendo will do it.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone talking about who will win and meanwhile here I am, only caring about trailers and announcements.

what predictions for new announcements or trailers do you have?

Does The Touryst come out tomorrow? I've seen zero publicity for it.

yep it releases tomorrow. I want to get it, but I have to wait in a month or so. It looks really good. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't put up any new trailers. Probably when it releases they will.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
If botw2 is at the game awards we might get a title reveal. If so, place your bets. I think it'll be "something" of the wild. Just can't figure out anything that doesn't sound cringey lol

Somehow I don't think they'll keep the "of the Wild" nomenclature but I'll be interested in knowing how they handle the title. Perhaps they figure the branding alone will allow people to make the connection, like OoT --> MM?

I'm just thirsty for this game. I'll be SO disappointed at this point if we don't get some sort of Game Awards reveal for it, hahaha.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I think the problem isn't that it didn't get a GOTY nomination and more that it didn't get any nomination.
It didn't even get nominated for best RPG or Soundtrack.
It certainly got better this year even though I still think Fire Emblem is getting robbed cause it's certainly fit for a GOTY Nomination and didn't get Nominated for best RPG.
I think it's more fit for the RPG category than Monster Hunter, even if that is also a great game, it's much heavier on the action side than the RPG side.
But as I said it got better and Fire Emblem is atleast nominated for best strategy game.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing I'm certain about enough for me it to cal it a prediction, but I'm hopeful for one or two of the following - Bayo, Zelda, "X in Smash", an unexpected announcement (like MUA 3 was).

I'd be in shock if we didn't get one of those.

Somehow I don't think they'll keep the "of the Wild" nomenclature but I'll be interested in knowing how they handle the title. Perhaps they figure the branding alone will allow people to make the connection, like OoT --> MM?

I'm just thirsty for this game. I'll be SO disappointed at this point if we don't get some sort of Game Awards reveal for it, hahaha.

I could see Nintendo calling this Breath of the Wild 2, but I could see them going with something completely new. What I don't see them doing is "______ of the Wild"

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

The Trailer seemed to imply cave exploring so maybe something like "Calling of the Deep". On the other hand Hyrule castle started to rise up at the end of the trailer and maybe it will start floating so maybe there is more to that.
Skyward Sword 2

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
That Crash rumor isn't even really noteworthy.

Activision said months ago that new Crash games were coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.