• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
The 3D modelers in Nintendo's marketing team seem to always be creating fun Mario renders and animations for non-game related things. They animated Bowser with a tie just so they could do a Doug Bowser joke at E3. So when I see Mario in summer clothes, I think they did it so that Nintendo could have a Summer themed marketing render in the future. I think whoever composed the tweet was just being cute. They aren't hinting at anything.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I really hope we get some sort of bundle with the new Switch model announced. I'm going to be buying one and I'd love to get something different from my current Switch (which I will be passing down to a family member). I would be all in on the Dragon Quest XI or Tsum Tsum Switch if they were available in the West, but for that price I could get a custom painted Switch over here. Maybe we will here something about some sort of bundle for the holidays during the next direct.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
cause the series is mostly a flop, there's no one left to make one & Nintendo already has enough of successful first party JRPGs to fill that void
Look at Fire Emblem, that wasn't really a seller before and found an audience in the last few years, and it even continues o grow with Three Houses right now.
I think Golden Sun would add much needed diversity to the Lineup.
Fire Emblem is an SRPG so it's already completely different from Golden Sun.
Xenoblade has a really weird battle system and having something turnbased thats not set in the Mario Universe by Nintendo could be really interesting.
It just seems like they would rather push Dragon Quest in the West right now.
And Pokemon always feels like it would rather get away from its RPG routes.

Oct 31, 2017
The 3D modelers in Nintendo's marketing team seem to always be creating fun Mario renders and animations for non-game related things. They animated Bowser with a tie just so they could do a Doug Bowser joke at E3. So when I see Mario in summer clothes, I think they did it so that Nintendo could have a Summer themed marketing render in the future. I think whoever composed the tweet was just being cute. They aren't hinting at anything.
Yup and as I mentioned previously in the thread, I'm more convinced of a quick Odyssey sequel ala Galaxy 2. It would create more buzz with general audiences and would be a great bundle for 2020. Way more so than Sunshine HD and the DLC train for Odyssey 1 has already left the station.

Nothing stopping them from putting Delfino Isle in an Odyssey sequel though.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
If Seiken Densetsu 3 can get an official localization after all these years, so can Investigations 2. Come on, Capcom! You're "back," aren't you?
3rd Party September Apology Tour should be a thing every year the Switch exists. Last year was Square Enix, this year is Capcom. To make amends they announce:
-Ace Atorney Investigations Collection
-The Great Ace Attorney Collection
-MonHun Ultimate World
-Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Complete
-Devil May Cry Collection
-Onimusha Collection
-Devil May Cry 5

This sizzel reel ends with Ono and and Itsuno screaming to the camera "there you happy?! We finally support the console now stop asking js for things!"

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
3rd Party September Apology Tour should be a thing every year the Switch exists. Last year was Square Enix, this year is Capcom. To make amends they announce:
-MonHun Ultimate World
-Onimusha Collection
-Devil May Cry 5

This sizzel reel ends with Ono and and Itsuno screaming to the camera "there you happy?! We finally support the console now stop asking js for things!"
Devil May Cry Collection? I'm sure you mean selling each game individually for $30.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-MonHun Ultimate World
-Onimusha Collection
-Devil May Cry 5

Apology tour? Apology for what? Both those companies have been great supporters of the switch from early on. Considering how much of a failure the wiiU was I'm surprised how quickly they cottoned on to switch's success.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Apology tour? Apology for what? Both those companies have been great supporters of the switch from early on. Considering how much of a failure the wiiU was I'm surprised how quickly they cottoned on to switch's success.
It was a joke as if theu didn't support the console. I mean for Square Enix at least, Capcom is still somewhere in between, after the 3DS which some some excellent games the Switch is still just a port machine for them.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The problem is that Nintendo has already distributed several successful JRPGs on Switch and no golf game.

So to diversify it makes more sense Mario Golf.
I don't believe Camelot is capable anyways. They put out Dark Dawn. It didn't get the greatest reception and tanked in sales.

Why would nintendo spend HD development on Golden Sun when they don't think the quality will be high and sales will be good?

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Love to know what's going on with retro the past 5 years the same goes for rock steady
At this point i think that retro game has been cancelled. But if was not what is this on the photo that Retro give to Reggie:
reggietease.jpg

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I don't believe Camelot is capable anyways. They put out Dark Dawn. It didn't get the greatest reception and tanked in sales.

Why would nintendo spend HD development on Golden Sun when they don't think the quality will be high and sales will be good?
Irrelevant. Even if they could make a good Golden Sun, Mario Golf would remain a priority.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Now that I have a Switch I'm pretty excited about these. How often do they usually happen? Seems like a lot of hoping in here lol.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Now that I have a Switch I'm pretty excited about these. How often do they usually happen? Seems like a lot of hoping in here lol.
In recent years, we've gotten three main Nintendo Directs per year: one early in the year, one during E3 and one around Fall. There's always the potential for smaller Directs or game-specific Directs, but we can rely on those main three happening.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Why can't one of the more reliable leakers tell us something about Retro Studios? They're really talented and they provide masterful games for every Nintendo platform. It would be disastrous if they really didn't do something in 5 years.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
About one general direct per season.
One in january, one in march or april, one for E3 in june, one in september.
It's not a strict rule tho. For instance, this year we got the winter one in february instead of january, and he was really really packed so we didn't got one in march/april.

And sometimes we get specific directs to promote games. Animal Crossing Direct, Xenoblade 2 Direct, Smash Direct, this kind of things.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
It's still hard to believe how well Direct format is now. I mean they needed change of format because Iwata sadly passed away and no one will be same ever again.

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
It's still hard to believe how well Direct format is now. I mean they needed change of format because Iwata sadly passed away and no one will be same ever again.

Direct is great, but I think Nintendo should return to having an annual Spaceworld show. Maybe update its format to resemble these current fan based events like Blitzcon/PSX. Basically one big event a year - have some announcements / game premieres / updated playable demos but also developer round tables and Q&A / Behind The Scenes stuff.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Why can't one of the more reliable leakers tell us something about Retro Studios? They're really talented and they provide masterful games for every Nintendo platform. It would be disastrous if they really didn't do something in 5 years.

Retro has never once leaked a game they were working on, barring DKCR leaking one day before its announcement. It's not that insiders don't want to know, it's that they are somehow extremely good at keeping info secret.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Direct is great, but I think Nintendo should return to having an annual Spaceworld show. Maybe update its format to resemble these current fan based events like Blitzcon/PSX. Basically one big event a year - have some announcements / game premieres / updated playable demos but also developer round tables and Q&A / Behind The Scenes stuff.
Oh yeah! That would be great. Also i would love Iwata Asks successor with someone like Koizumi.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Irrelevant. Even if they could make a good Golden Sun, Mario Golf would remain a priority.
Not really. If they could make a good Golden Sun then it has a better chance of coming.

Retro never leaks. The Starfox GP rumor shows it even more how they don't leak. Even if people knew it looks like there will be serious consent. They're shut down over there.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Retro never leaks. The Starfox GP rumor shows it even more how they don't leak. Even if people knew it looks like there will be serious consent. They're shut down over there.
Wonder where the Prime Trilogy rumors came from then.

Since people like Imran and King Zell still believed in it's existence earlier this year, I wonder where that info came from.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You think they should have this over Directs or both together? Because I'll take Directs over that.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Nintendo Direct World with Treehouse and the invitational tournies during October would be rad. Nintendo is great with the digital announcements but the lack of a physical event is felt.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
User Warned: Trolling
-MonHun Ultimate World
-Onimusha Collection
-Devil May Cry 5

Look. Another port list.

Buy a PS4.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018

Since people like Imran and King Zell still believed in it's existence earlier this year, I wonder where that info came from.
It was probably because - it was set to be revealed at Game Awards (Trilogy and then full trailer for Prime 4) but we all know how that turned out.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's because Retro isn't porting the game. Someone might've mentioned this too, but I can't remember so I might be wrong on that part.

For myself though that's why I believe Retro isn't doing it because it did leak. I think Tantalus is doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.