• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking they'll go for another thing that could make a decent splash, but may not be a "major" drop to the tune of a new Zelda or more Smash DLC.

Something like how Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 was a very welcome surprise, but not exactly the type of first party exclusive reveal we were expecting.

Maybe they'll announce a new partnership exclusive like Marvel UA3 again.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't it feel weird to call The Outer Worlds "witchcraft" though? Especially with him mentioning The Witcher 3? Isn't the Witcher 3 considered to be the most crazy game coming to Switch.

I guess we'll find out at Gamescom or in a Nintendo Direct. I feel like if he's seen it already then maybe it is The Outer Worlds

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
As these pages go by I'm just hoping for a lick of a leak for an MH Switch game and I haven't gotten any since King Zell dammit!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
My guesses as to the unannounced game, from most to least likely -

Metro something-or-other, or another THQ Nordic thing (assuming it's Gamescom related)
The Outer Wilds/Vampyr (AKA the dude didn't know it was already announced)
Sekiro?
GTAV (dunno if I'd describe it as witchcraft considering how old it is but maybe it being a GTA on Switch could be seen as witchcraft)
MGSV (see above)
Final Fantasy XIV (sure it's not graphically amazing but it'd be a feat)
Resident Evil 2/Devil May Cry V (I could see Capcom trying to get the RE Engine working on Switch, but RE7 being cloud-based throws that off)
Monster Hunter World (see above, but MT Framework)
Microsoft game, Scalebound is back baby
Kingdom Hearts 3/Final Fantasy VII Remake (they're UE4)
Final Fantasy XV (has to come packaged with a micro SD)
Death Stranding

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The Witcher 3 proves that the only limits on what games can be ported to Switch are resources and the devs/publishers' tolerance for low resolutions and/or iffy framerates.
My guesses as to the unannounced game, from most to least likely -

Metro something-or-other, or another THQ Nordic thing (assuming it's Gamescom related)
The Outer Wilds/Vampyr (AKA the dude didn't know it was already announced)
Sekiro?
GTAV (dunno if I'd describe it as witchcraft considering how old it is but maybe it being a GTA on Switch could be seen as witchcraft)
MGSV (see above)
Final Fantasy XIV (sure it's not graphically amazing but it'd be a feat)
Resident Evil 2/Devil May Cry V (I could see Capcom trying to get the RE Engine working on Switch, but RE7 being cloud-based throws that off)
Monster Hunter World (see above, but MT Framework)
Microsoft game, Scalebound is back baby
Kingdom Hearts 3/Final Fantasy VII Remake (they're UE4)
Final Fantasy XV (has to come packaged with a micro SD)
Death Stranding
Metro: Last Light Redux was datamined to be coming to Switch in the same way Red Faction and some other THQ game was, but Last Light definitely isn't witchcraft. Two people decided to redact the game, and I doubt both of them would have missed a "witchcraft" port that was announced for Switch. Death Stranding lol

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Metro: Last Light Redux was datamined to be coming to Switch in the same way Red Faction and some other THQ game was, but Last Light definitely isn't witchcraft. Two people decided to redact the game, and I doubt both of them would have missed a "witchcraft" port that was announced for Switch. Death Stranding lol

I primarily meant Metro Exodus, with the other two being ported too most likely

also death stranding was a joke, I know that ain't happenin

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My left-field guess would be No Man's Sky. I don't doubt that Switch could possibly run the PSVR-level version of that game at least. Could be wrong technically though. I'd love to see it.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe 9-Volt will get his RDR2 impossible port or Star Wars 1313

Most likely Red Dead 2. Only thing comes close to The Witcher 3 in term of wtf-ness. And it could be Vern's game, we all thought it's GTA5 but "THE game" being RDR2 instead wouldn't be the most surprising thing.

Don't forget RDR2 visuals got a downgrade couple of months ago. Maybe that's for testing The Switch port.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Predicting metroid for the game awards
Thats-A-Bold-Strategy-Meme.gif
It's like water and oil.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Maybe they'll announce a new partnership exclusive like Marvel UA3 again.

Well...what if that "Dracula Castle Siege" thing was a) Castlevania and b) Switch exclusive?

Konami already made more than a few interesting deals with Nintendo, so I could see it happening. And it's a similar kind of "mid-tier" announcement that would make waves.

Just please make sure someone from the Metroid staff is still on hand to grade them on level design!

As these pages go by I'm just hoping for a lick of a leak for an MH Switch game and I haven't gotten any since King Zell dammit!

All I can just say is that we just need to be patient for a while longer. Capcom's focus is going to be on Iceborne for a while longer, and then they'll eventually want to segue into another MH marketing cycle soon after.

Maybe we'll get that announcement this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept us waiting til Spring 2020, with a planned launch for Q3/Q4 2020 in all territories.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If the implication is [Redacted] is even more "witchcraft" than The Witcher 3.... then the only things I could think of are RDR2 or Cyberpunk.

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
This whole discussion around the [redacted] is just boring, sorry. Guess I'm old

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hmm, might just be me and might be inspired by recent events, but "can't say cause the lawyers" suggests to me that it might be take-two. My guess is Outer Worlds (this isn't announced for 2019 for Switch, and furthermore a gameplay demo would be embargoed). Dark horse bet is RDR2.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, might just be me and might be inspired by recent events, but "can't say cause the lawyers" suggests to me that it might be take-two. My guess is Outer Worlds (this isn't announced for 2019 for Switch, and furthermore a gameplay demo would be embargoed). Dark horse bet is RDR2.

It was confirmed on the Nintendo UK site as a 2019 release IIRC.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn wtf I just stepped in this thread and now totally think Bayonetta 3 is coming out this year. Goddamn I can't wait

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The witchcraft game is Metroid Prime Trilogy and it's witchcraft because of it's graphics that have been remade by Bluepoint, bring possibly the best looking thing on the system.

Heard it here first!

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I think any dicussion about a "witchcraft" game coming to Switch would be Spellbound.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
It's probably Doom Eternal but they're not allowed to say they've seen it so he redacted it.
I mean, at this point DOOM Eternal or anything in these lines shouldn't be too much of a shock seeing how Panic Button made past ports; we know what to expect. The Witcher 3, however, was this kind of shock;

but honeslty I can't think anything absurd coming now.. GTAV certainly wouldn't be any "witchcraft", for exemple.. neither would be Nier: Automata, so I got nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.