• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think both the industry and forum discourse are considerably healthier without the constant leaks, personally.

You're not wrong. I think a lot of us enjoyed the leaks because they came at a rather quiet time and Nintendo fans have been burned too many times but ideally there should be no need for leaks. Next few months are gonna be good barring any major delays.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
mammal_north-american-river-otter_600x300.ashx

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Luckily I've been building a replacement Robot Andre out of pots and pans

Once the awful pun protocol is complete, it will be indistinguishable! I mean the real Andre probably has chainsaw hands, right

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Can someone confirm that the GX guys have a habit of posting otter pics prior to unannounced Directs? Because...

https://twitter.com/JonComms/status/1128374099762458624

And this was posted after the Mario Maker 2 Direct announcement.
Everytime Jon posts a pic of a random game disc inside a Switch dock, i'm 99% certain he's just hinting that said game is coming to the system :p That's what's happened so far, most games have been announced anytime after those tweets.

Jan 10, 2018
I wonder if Alphadream is working on anything. Their last 2 games were remakes and it would be sad to have the entire Switch generation lacking a game by them.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
One time Jonneh posted a picture of himself loading up a GameCube game I'd never heard of, called "Neiteio Goes Outside and Gets Attacked By Badgers."

I stayed inside that day.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everytime Jon posts a pic of a random game disc inside a Switch dock, i'm 99% certain he's just hinting that said game is coming to the system :p That's what's happened so far, most games have been announced anytime after those tweets.
I'm patiently waiting for his Wind Waker HD pic to come true.... hopefully soon!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Alphadream is working on anything. Their last 2 games were remakes and it would be sad to have the entire Switch generation lacking a game by them.
we know they're hiring for devs with Unity experience in all forms of hardware (though they're most likely making a Switch game), so they're probably deep into their next game. but given their staff numbers, I guess it's not too big

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Same... theyre only 50 people though, and i dont think theyve made an HD game before. I want a Wario and Waluigi rpg by them badly though.

I want even a bigger crossover for the next installment for the Mario & Luigi. Some of the ideas I have:

Mario & Luigi & Rayman Save the Universe
Mario & Luigi & Spyro Versus the Wrath of Ripto
Mario & Luigi Adventures in Zenithia (DQ)
Mario & Luigi in Disney World

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

What has he done that with besides RE4 and Wind Waker?

Oct 26, 2017
What non-Nintendo Switch exclusives exist so far?

Mario+Rabbids
Starlink StarFox content
Octopath Traveller
Bayonetta 3
Astral Chain
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Fire Emblem Warriors

Edit: Travis Strikes Again
Daemon Ex Machina

Anything else I'm missing?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Mario+Rabbids
Starlink StarFox content
Octopath Traveller
Bayonetta 3
Astral Chain
Fire Emblem Warriors

Daemon Ex Machina

If Octopath counts then Doraemon Story of Seasons.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

Mario+Rabbids
Starlink StarFox content
Octopath Traveller
Bayonetta 3
Astral Chain
Fire Emblem Warriors

Daemon Ex Machina

While I can understand including Bayonetta 3 and Marvel (as Nintendo doesn't own the IP), and even Fire Emblem Warriors (as it was published by Koei-Tecmo in Japan), putting Astral Chain here is just wrong. Astral Chain is a Nintendo owned IP.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

Mario+Rabbids
Starlink StarFox content
Octopath Traveller
Bayonetta 3
Astral Chain
Fire Emblem Warriors

Daemon Ex Machina

Octopath isn't exclusive anymore; PC port is coming next month.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018

Mario+Rabbids
Starlink StarFox content
Octopath Traveller
Bayonetta 3
Astral Chain
Fire Emblem Warriors

Daemon Ex Machina

Here's a few. Octopath is a console exclusive now.
  • Disney Tsum Tsum Festival
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Exlusive Age Definitive Edition (kind of a technicality, but I think it counts if Starlink StarFox content does)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games
  • Rune Factory 5
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Yo-Kai Watch 5
  • MonHunGen Ultimate

Oct 26, 2017
While I can understand including Bayonetta 3 and Marvel (as Nintendo doesn't own the IP), and even Fire Emblem Warriors (as it was published by Koei-Tecmo in Japan), putting Astral Chain here is just wrong. Astral Chain is a Nintendo owned IP.
I should have been more clear: I meant non-Nintendo developed Switch exclusives.
Octopath isn't exclusive anymore; PC port is coming next month.
eh close enough. At least Switch was the primary platform. Ultimately I'm just looking for games that are different from the ones Nintendo are making yet still optimized to run on Switch without severe compromises.

If Octopath counts then Doraemon Story of Seasons.
Here's a few. Octopath is a console exclusive now.
  • Disney Tsum Tsum Festival
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Exlusive Age Definitive Edition (kind of a technicality, but I think it counts if Starlink StarFox content does)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games
  • Rune Factory 5
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Yo-Kai Watch 5
  • MonHunGen Ultimate
Thanks!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I should have been more clear: I meant non-Nintendo developed Switch exclusives.
It becomes hard to list then, because, Hal and IntSys aren't first party studios .. So we can count them at non-Nintendo developed Switch exclusives, and you can add Kirby, BoxBoy, Fire Emblem, and all the first party games made by those studios that mostly work for Nintendo but aren't part of Nintendo, like Next Level Games too who is most likely working on Luigi's Mansion 3, etc.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Luckily I've been building a replacement Robot Andre out of pots and pans

Once the awful pun protocol is complete, it will be indistinguishable! I mean the real Andre probably has chainsaw hands, right
Leaked early beta photo!
Bill-and-Ted-robots_8435.jpg

Mario+Rabbids
Starlink StarFox content
Octopath Traveller
Bayonetta 3
Astral Chain
Fire Emblem Warriors

Daemon Ex Machina

Golf Story and Graceful Explosion Machine on the eShop.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Mario+Rabbids
Starlink StarFox content
Octopath Traveller
Bayonetta 3
Astral Chain
Fire Emblem Warriors

Daemon Ex Machina

Golf Story if that hasn't been said yet.

He did Maverick Hunter X and Mega Man Powered Up yesterday.

Don't see why people read into those, though. Pretty sure those are just him doing a bit to say what ports he wants for Switch.

Yeah that's what I think too, I don't think it's a hint of anything.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Published by Nintendo, but not developed by Nintendo.

By that logic, Fire Emblem, Kirby and Pokemon Let's Go are those too.

The only ones that could count as Non-Nintendo are those that are only partially published by then.

- Octopath Traveler
- Mario + Rabbids
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- Hyrule Warriors
- Pokken

Last edited:

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Usually, a publisher tends to own new IPs developed by smaller studios.

There are some rare exceptions, like B&K and Perfect Dark, but it depends on the agreement. Rare could self-publish at the time, so they had the pull.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
The only ones that could count as Non-Nintendo are those that are only partially published by then.

- Octopath Traveler
- Mario + Rabbids
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- Hyrule Warriors
- Pokken

I would probably add Bayonetta 3 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 to that list, since they are developed by third party companies and Nintendo doesn't own the IP. I believe Daemon X Machina would fall under that category, too, since I think Marvelous owns the IP? Nintendo hasn't included it in any first-party release calendars.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
I would probably add Bayonetta 3 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 to that list, since they are developed by third party companies and Nintendo doesn't own the IP. I believe Daemon X Machina would fall under that category, too, since I think Marvelous owns the IP? Nintendo hasn't included it in any first-party release calendars.

Marvelous is a publisher, so it's big enough to retain the IP.

Really, when you think about it, there's no difference between say Octopath Traveler and Mario + Rabbids. One uses Nintendo IP, the other doesn't, but they're both legally third-party (except the Nintendo IP prevents it from leaving Nintendo consoles. It's just like any collaboration, like Shovel Knight with Battletoads being exclusive to Xbox) .

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
not much hype for the mario maker direct eh, does anyone think its possible we'll see a redesigned nintendo switch mini at this thing (mario maker themed)?

Status
Not open for further replies.