• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Well hey, whenever we get the next bout of Mario Maker info, at least we know multiplayer is coming

Po4RESM.png

No surprises here though.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That moment when you are wanting to search your soul and re-awaken the undying light but Nintendo won't announce the damn Direct dammit

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Maker 2 info before the briefing next week, seems like a pretty safe bet at this point.

I'd say the same about Smash but I'm done trying to make sense of this mess.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I'm sure both Mario Maker and Animal Crossing will get a big focus on local on the couch co-op

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Are we getting the famous Website Direct? I always thought of it as an old wives tale.
Few have seen one with their own eyes - let alone those who have lived to tell the tale

I'm personally expecting a website blowout, an overview trailer and daily social media updates highlighting new features

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've thought for the longest the Switch Mini should release with Super Mario Maker 2. Have bundles and whatnot, but if it has the joycons attached is that kind of bad look when SMM2 will have multiplayer?

I guess it's not a big deal since all you have to do is buy more joycons.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I've thought for the longest the Switch Mini should release with Super Mario Maker 2. Have bundles and whatnot, but if it has the joycons attached is that kind of bad look when SMM2 will have multiplayer?

I guess it's not a big deal since all you have to do is buy more joycons.
That's why the website says that you need additional consoles for multiplayer.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Chargin Chuck by a significant margin

he's practically a Regular Mario Enemy now
And all it took was a 22 year hiatus between Super Mario World and Super Mario 3D World.

Ignoring the World-e levels in GBA Mario 3. Those are a different case, since they just threw in enemies and objects from all of the other 2D Mario games.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It kind of makes sense to have the Switch Mini announced by the Investors Meeting or the day of. Also, getting Super Mario Maker 2 info before then, then they can announce a bundle by that time. It should make Investors happy lol

Few have seen one with their own eyes - let alone those who have lived to tell the tale

I'm personally expecting a website blowout, an overview trailer and daily social media updates highlighting new features
I want to live so I can tell my grandkids the website Direct is real and I've seen it with my own eyes.

Yeah let's get the Super Mario Maker 2 hype train going. I'm insanely hyped for this game and what they've shown so far.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
They've said that before with some other games too like Mario Party (https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-mario-party-switch/) when you needed an extra system in some levels, most only refer to the need of extra controllers for multiplayer tho. I guess there'll be some mode in which you use a second Switch to make levels while the other Switch is docked. If the Switch Mini ends up being just a boring Nintendo Vita without joy-cons then they'll have to use it somehow with the game, I don't think they'll release a commercial in which two people are playing with the joy-cons while the little kid is right in the corner with his solo Switch doing nothing cause he can't play multiplayer. I believe the fact even Luigi made it to the cover implies the game will heavily focus on local co-op.

I think they'll bundle the game with the whole package tho, dock too.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Smash Direct this week
E3 plans and revision announcement next week
Mario Maker 2 Direct on the first week of May

I want to believe

Status
Not open for further replies.