• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Labo VR could be a turning point for Nintendo. You just never know what can happen in life. Labo was doing ok. It's got not too bad reviews, but hasn't made an impact. Someone may have had the idea to try VR with Labo and this was going to be the last of it.

It's turning out great so far and selling out in places. Maybe Nintendo didn't plan on taking VR too serious, but because of this Labo has made an impact on the company. Because of this maybe they'll make a higher quality VR helmet and make VR games.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I'm guessing no Direct until E3, and expect a major Mario Maker 2/Animal Crossing blowout at E3 (along with Smash info, and other surprises).

The major criticism of last year's E3 was that they spent too much time on Smash, this way they'll have two major titles to go between instead of one.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Labo VR could be a turning point for Nintendo. You just never know what can happen in life. Labo was doing ok. It's got not too bad reviews, but hasn't made an impact. Someone may have had the idea to try VR with Labo and this was going to be the last of it.

It's turning out great so far and selling out in places. Maybe Nintendo didn't plan on taking VR too serious, but because of this Labo has made an impact on the company. Because of this maybe they'll make a higher quality VR helmet and make VR games.
We will get its sales numbers tomorrow and while I believe it will do worse than the first kit I'm sure Nintendo is aware of the positive reactions and will keep supporting it during the year, Labo got a second promotional campaign on Holidays last year after its spring release, they'll push it sales again this year later on. I think the difference with this kit is that it has reached an different audience from the first kits, I'm sure more adults go the Labo kit this time, that's why we're seeing such reactions. Reactions from previous kits were pretty good too, it just reached an audience we never get to see on the Internet.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I'm guessing no Direct until E3, and expect a major Mario Maker 2/Animal Crossing blowout at E3 (along with Smash info, and other surprises).

The major criticism of last year's E3 was that they spent too much time on Smash, this way they'll have two major titles to go between instead of one.
It's too late for a MM2 blowout at E3.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
oh my god every nintendo tweet is full of comments asking for a new direct. this is getting embarrassing, what's wrong with them?

>god eater 3 announcement
>where is the direct?????

>marvel ua3 release date

>mortal kombat reminder

what a toxic community. no wonder why most 3rd party publishers are shitting on us.

DarkSt0rm009

Apr 10, 2019
United States
Eh, I've come to understand that we don't need a direct to have any sort of upcoming update information given to us
so, with that being said I'm more than willing to wait for any information on Smash Ultimate 3.0.0 and Joker's release for as long as it takes

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I agree. Smash 3.0 and Joker will get a release date on Twitter with no Sakurai commentary. Pokémon Sword will get a new trailer next month that will show up on social media outside of a direct.

No Sakurai commentary would mean they are deliberately underselling the DLC. They went in-depth on every DLC newcomer in Smash 4.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
We're less than 2 months from E3, stop whining about a big direct. At least we may get a decent E3 this year because they've only done one showcase for games this year vs two past year, the big one being even closer to E3 than this year

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Nintendo doesn't announce a AAAA Black Panther game made by CD Project RED, From Software and Rockstar tomorrow they can kiss their business goodbye.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're less than 2 months from E3, stop whining about a big direct. At least we may get a decent E3 this year because they've only done one showcase for games this year vs two past year, the big one being even closer to E3 than this year
It's not like last years E3 was impacted due to Directs prior to it. It has to do with the content and there wasn't much last year. If we get one more direct before E3, it'll still be a great E3 due to what's coming this year.

STHX

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No Sakurai commentary would mean they are deliberately underselling the DLC. They went in-depth on every DLC newcomer in Smash 4.
Not only for the newcomers, Sakurai also went in-depth with the stages and the songs. In fact he also did this for most of Ultimate newcomers, specifically he did it with Inklings, Castlevania duo, Ken, Incineroar and Piranha Plant (yes, in the november direct they showed everything about the plant too, they didn't dump the character with 0 info)
It's extremely unrealistic for something like this to not happen for Joker, it goes against what Sakurai did for the previous 2 entries. Not saying a Joker blowout has to happen this week, but it will happen in the end

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
It's not like last years E3 was impacted due to Directs prior to it. It has to do with the content and there wasn't much last year. If we get one more direct before E3, it'll still be a great E3 due to what's coming this year.
Announcements are finite. The more directs there are, the more spread thin they are of things to showcase and reveal. Not having a big April direct stretching announcements even thinner creates more potential for a better E3. And I dont consider a 25 minute E3, like 2017 or a 20 minute E3 minus Smash like 2018, good. It's so short and minuscule, I barely get to sit down and get comfortable before it's even over

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to see the Astral Chain vs Bayonetta 3 sales. I figure we won't see Bayo 3 until Game Awards to release next year, but if it and Astral Chain turns out good- that'll be for some fun discussions.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Where are you hearing that it's selling out in places?

If Nintendo doesn't announce a AAAA Black Panther game made by CD Project RED, From Software and Rockstar tomorrow they can kiss their business goodbye.

AAAA is probably gonna be a real thing in a few years, sadly.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
i cant possibly buy all games im interested in if you release them all THE SAME MONTH
Damn, I'm trying to buy a Quest, go to E3, probably buy whatever the "Switch Pro" is and I literally want every game that Nintendo has coming between June and the end of August. I need to find some money somewhere.
Selling plasma is always an option.

And I wonder if Nintendo is holding off on Directs this time around to have a bigger impact on E3, especially if Sony is not showing up...

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
The more money is invested into a game, the less risky the devs can be creatively. I'm both excited for the technological potential of next-gen and worried for what it means for big-budget games.

We're going to get less games, longer Dev cycles, bigger file sizes (PS5 uses SSD, that's not good news). I'm really worried about next, nothing sounds exciting about it. We already got just one Rockstar game and 2 Bioware games this gen, I don't want to think what will happen now. Maybe half made games per gen?

Thank God for Switch. Low Dev costs are the best thing about it. I hope Nintendo never embraces this "super gen" and we continue to receive 6 games per month.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with others in that I just can't see Nintendo dumping it all on social media. "Here's a Joker video. We're also throwing in stage builder and some other stuff. Have fun". Especially after they built it up and teased everyone in a Direct two months ago.

I'm still predicting a Smash Direct. Or rather...I'm predicting the Smash info will be released in a Direct of some kind, whether it's a Smash Direct, Mini Direct, etc.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I think the Switch Mini reveal is coming soon
I think it's actually the so-called Pro/Lite/New whatever model. As I said before, we have no MM2 bundles yet, my wild guess is they'll announce the revision first and later show the bundles at the Mario Maker Direct. MM2 seems to have a big focus on local co-op on the couch, which would contradict the suggested Switch Mini. Also, looks like MUA3 and Astral Chain are coming before Animal Crossing and Pokémon. Would be weird to release the cheaper kid oriented model with Astral Chain and then the Pro model with Animal Crossing. Anything is possible with Nintendo tho.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Smash Direct should be on the 24th or 25th. We've know they had to hold back on Joker's full reveal until one of those dates for very specific reasons. And there's not a shot in hell they're dropping stage builder and a brand new DLC character without a Direct. They also need to reveal the next DLC character too.

Include Bayonetta as a Tsum Tsum in Disney Tsum Tsum Festival
Disney Tsum Tsum Festival*

*Featuring Bayonetta of the Bayonetta series

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Smash Direct should be on the 24th or 25th. We've know they had to hold back on Joker's full reveal until one of those dates for very specific reasons. And there's not a shot in hell they're dropping stage builder and a brand new DLC character without a Direct. They also need to reveal the next DLC character too.

Disney Tsum Tsum Festival*

*Featuring Bayonetta of the Bayonetta series
Investors meeting is the 25th in the morning Japanese time. I don't think they'll have a Direct on the same day so 23-24 are more likely in my opinion.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
And there's not a shot in hell they're dropping stage builder and a brand new DLC character without a Direct. They also need to reveal the next DLC character too.

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if they held back on the next DLC character until E3, to reveal alongside the third one. Smash seems to always have more than one character reveal at each E3.

2013: Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer
2014: Mii Fighters, Palutena, Pac-Man
2015: Roy, Ryu
2018: Daisy, Ridley

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if they held back on the next DLC character until E3, to reveal alongside the third one. Smash seems to always have more than one character reveal at each E3.

2013: Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer
2014: Mii Fighters, Palutena, Pac-Man
2015: Roy, Ryu
2018: Daisy, Ridley
Eh, we're in uncharted territory with this DLC. Smash 4 DLC wasn't clearly defined as to how many characters we were getting and if these are all third party characters as a lot of people are speculating, then there's basically no chance of them revealing 2 on the same day. Every character will get their own chance to be promoted and shine

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I just can't imagine a Smash Direct without a reveal. That would be a bigger trend to buck than E3 having more than one character.

Status
Not open for further replies.