• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses: 11/10 hype. Most exciting release of the year to me, although we'll see if Intelligent Systems can marry good gameplay with good story this time. Really hoping we get Echoes-style 3D dungeon exploration in this, which seems plausible with the monastery being explorable. God, I can't wait — Fire Emblem releases are always so special to me.
  • DQXI S: 10/10 hype. It was difficult biding my time for the Switch release as a huge JRPG fan, but portability is the only way I can play nowadays. Planning to really savor the game with Harder Enemies enabled.
  • Astral Chain: 9/10 hype. Looks awesome so far — totally unexpected.
  • Cadence of Hyrule: 8/10. Just gotten into the Mystery Dungeon / roguelike genre(s), so this is a very pleasant surprise. And playable Zelda! Unf, so good. Haven't played Necrodancer, so my only slight apprehension is how the rhythm aspect feels.
  • Pokemon Sword & Shield: 8/10. Pokemon coming to more powerful hardware is exciting, although the trailer made the games seem a bit too safe. Visible overworld/following Pokemon seemingly being absent is very disappointing; while I dig random encounters, the Pokemon world could be enlivened so much seeing Pokemon in their habitats ala Snap.
  • Link's Awakening: 5/10. Never played the original, so this should be pretty fun.
  • Daemon X Machina: ??/10. I'm not normally huge into mech stuff, but if they fix the performance and controls from the demo, this could be something special. The art style was striking in trailers.
The rest — Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, MUA3, etc. — I don't care at all about yet. We'll see if their eventual marketing gets my attention.

Town's another thing I'm really curious and optimistic about, but obviously it isn't first party. Looked really cute back at its reveal. Hope it releases sooner than later.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
For me, it will be

Mario maker 2
God eater 3
Astral chain
Dragon quest XI

And that is without all the indies and download only (like castlevania collection)

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
It makes no sense to have a direct just to announce the mario maker 2 date and smash 3.0 details. Those can just be launched right to youtube/twitter

It makes perfect sense to have a mini direct, it's great advertising. They are adding at least one new mode to Smash for free, and they want to advertise the fighter pass as much as possible. They want as many eyes as possible on the reveal if they are also hopefully announcing the next dlc fighter. Directs are easy hype machines for them to get people buying

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
6aa7afce24791602d69e04e856c994023c960c61_hq.gif

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
It makes no sense to have a direct just to announce the mario maker 2 date and smash 3.0 details. Those can just be launched right to youtube/twitter
They gave smaller games their own direct (some even two). Sure Nintendo could give big influencers or twitch players Mario Maker early (and I'm talking about big twitch streamers) but that is not the way Nintendo operates.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
now that i'm more or less up to date with the MCU (still needs to watch like four movies of phase 3) i'm more hyped for Ultimate Alliance 3 than before

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Some hype check for fun before we get more news on these games!

Astral Chain
Pokémon Sword and Shield
Links Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Super Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Animal Crossing

Astral Chain - 6/10. This looks right up my alley in terms of goofy anime hack n slash--I just want to know more about it before I commit to anything.

Pokémon Sword and Shield - 5/10. I've played every mainline Pokemon game (excluding BW2) since the original GB games came out. As I got older, the games have done less for me...but X/Y got me back in, and Sun+Moon renewed that interest. However, after SM2 + Let's Go being pretty underwhelming for me (both of which I picked up mainly because I wanted a fun mindless game to play over thanksgiving break), I need something actually enticing to make me want to pick this back up on launch.

Links Awakening - 2/10. I don't really like Zelda (other than BOTW), so this isn't the game for me at all. +1 point because the art style is super cute tho.

Luigi's Mansion 3 - 4/10. I really don't have too much of an opinion--I'll play it if a friend lends me it and it reviews well.

Super Mario Maker 2 - 3/10. Super cool concept. Not for me. I'll probably try a bit at a friend's house or something but I don't like platformers so I just know this isn't for me at all.

Fire Emblem Three Houses - 9/10. I started with Awakening and have played like 9 games since. I'm a big fan of the series (barring fates which I just thought was awful), and totally expect to pick this up unless something awful gameplay wise happens. I really like the concept of customization added, it looks like a super fun new take.

Animal Crossing - 10/10. I have never spent sub like 150 hours in a mainline AC game (besides the Wii one but that was mostly the age I played it at + ADHD made it impossible for me to sit and play on a tv). It doesn't matter how much they add--I'll pick this up, regardless, and will love it.

Jezz

Apr 9, 2019
Astral Chain- 10/10, day 1
Pokémon Sword and Shield- 8.5/10, probably day 1
Links Awakening- 8/10
Luigi's Mansion 3- 5/10
Super Mario Maker 2- 7.5/10
Fire Emblem Three Houses- 6/10
Animal Crossing- 8.5/10
Daemon X Machina- 1.5/10
Marvel Ulimate Alliance 3- 3/10
Dragon Quest XI S- 8.5/10

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Maker 2 could outsell Animal Crossing or Pokémon or at least come close. That's not outlandish to say.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Some hype check for fun before we get more news on these games!

Astral Chain- 7.5/10
Pokémon Sword and Shield- 10/10
Links Awakening- 9/10
Luigi's Mansion 3- 9.5/10
Super Mario Maker 2- 10/10
Fire Emblem Three Houses- 6/10
Animal Crossing- 4/10

Atleast 4 games I'll be buying day 1. I don't think there's anything Animal Crossing could do to get me to buy it. I tried it just a little on the Wii and it wasn't for me. I don't play sims type of games. Fire Emblem Three Houses and Astral Chain I'm intrigued in. I really want to get into Fire Emblem. I'm usually not into SRPG's, but I did like Mario + Rabbids. Astral Chain is the first Platinum game that has some appeal for me. Looking forward to more info on it.

Astral Chain
Pokémon Sword and Shield
Links Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Super Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Animal Crossing

Astral Chain - 7/10: Super curious about it, want to see more but def. intrigued.
Pokémon Sword and Shield - 7/10: See above lol
Links Awakening - 8/10: Love the original and really like the art style they went with for the remake.
Luigi's Mansion 3 - 6/10: Like it but have no real love for it...def. will play this though.
Super Mario Maker 2 - 9/10: Dumped so many hours into the 1st game and now it's portable? Eh I'm screwed lol.
Fire Emblem Three Houses - 2/10: I've never been a Fire Emblem guy so this just isn't for me.
Animal Crossing - 10/10: Easily near the top of my most anticipated game list so 10/10 doesn't even do it justice.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Astral Chain - 10/10 already an instabuy from that first trailer, hit all the right notes. Playing as a cool cop with robodogs and that amazing music. cant wait
Pokémon Sword and Shield - 7/10, i will buy it because i love pokemon, but i dont think it looks all too amazing
Links Awakening - 8/10, never played the original but I'm looking forward to getting to experience it
Luigi's Mansion 3 - 5/10, was never interested in the series really
Super Mario Maker 2 - 7/10, looks super fun but I'll probably skip it
Fire Emblem Three Houses - 6/10, I love(d) fire emblem but this doesnt look too hot so far
Animal Crossing - 10/10, can't wait at all

Also:
AI: The Somnium Files - 9/10, looking forward to this
SMTV - 10/10, i'm dying for more info

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
My hype report:

Astral Chain - 5/10. I'm not usually into Platinum's games and while the game looks promising, I'm not really checking for it. May change mind if it performs well at E3.

Pokémon Sword and Shield - 7/10. I'm gonna buy it. I thought the trailer looked really rough. May be yet another Pokémon game I'll be buying begrudgingly, but hoping it looks better at E3 so so can get excited.

Links Awakening - 10/10. Honestly this game looks stunning and as someone who never played LA I'm excited to explore what made this such a classic. There's no doubt I'll love this one.

Luigi's Mansion 3 - 7/10. It's 100% on my radar and will likely buy unless it's a disaster. Reveal trailer looked rough. Hoping and expecting a facelift with fun new additions like lighting.

Super Mario Maker 2 - 8.5/10. I'm struggling with this one coz there's no doubt it'll be a phenomenon, but having owned the first one I never really fucked with stage creating. May be inspired to try it this time, and if so, then bump this up a point lol.

Fire Emblem Three Houses - 7/10. Another game that's looking rough except this one is basically almost finished. Will wait for reviews, but if the fandom gives the thumbs up, I'll dive in. I really liked Awakening.

Animal Crossing - 10/10. Most anticipated game of the year. Nothing to say here. It'll be incredible and nothing else will matter when it launches.

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that's not what I said. maker 2 will not set the earth on fire or be bigger than pokemon let's go like people were saying. that is.

I see, sorry for misquoting you.

But I dont agree, MM 1 did like 5 million on a dead console, MM 2 is on one of the fastest selling console of all time, launching in the Summer, where it wont have conpetition from almost any company, and Nintendo ended that stupid creators porgram and now every one can stream the game without consequences.

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Astral Chain: 7.5/10
Pokémon Sword and Shield: 9/10 (Day one)
Links Awakening: 8/10
Luigi's Mansion 3: 7.5/10
Super Mario Maker 2: 7.5/10
Fire Emblem Three Houses: 9/10 (Day one)
Animal Crossing: 0/10 (boring)
Daemon X Machina: 0/10 (I hate mechs)
Marvel Ulimate Alliance 3: 0/10 (I dislike superheroes movies/games)
Dragon Quest XI S: 6.5/10 (No trophies...They would make the game a 9/10)

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
Animal Crossing: 6/10
Fire Emblem: Three Houses: 4/10
Pokemon Sword/Shield: 4/10
Luigi's Mansion 3: 9/10
Astral Chain: 7/10
Super Mario Maker 2: 3/10
Link's Awakening: 9/10
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: 0/10
Daemon X Machina: 0/10

Status