• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Y'all deserve to suffer for being so gullible and gamers having the memory and attention spans of babies, always falling for stupid Twitter posts

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a reminder we had a Smash Direct on November 1st, 2018 (Thursday). Nintendo's financials released October 30 and Investors Meeting was the 31st. Fast forward to now and April 25th is their Financial release. That's a Thursday, so if they wanted they could do a Smash Direct on April 24th (Wednesday) right before Atlus does their Persona stuff.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
This literally does not mean anything. A character appearance is not proof of a port. It's just made up logic that are leading people to think it is.

It's also just an assumption they want Persona 5 on a handheld. The fact that in the past they ported Persona games to handhelds doesnt mean Persona 5 is going to happen. (Not to mention they ported to Sony handhelds and only Sony systems have mainline games)

A survey is not a confirmation or even an indication of anything in itself.

The Best Buy leak is the only actual thing that could point to a Persona 5 port and that happened last week. The months and months of "its coming" and then subsequent melt downs have literally been based in hopes and dreams. There was never any solid evidence before last week.

People are just operating in assumptions based off of strung together theories then getting pissy and or saying wait wait wait for some other arbitrary date where they then get disappointed. Just deal in true facts. The Best Buy leaks were proved legitimate skus. That is a real piece of evidence. Wait and see

But it does, why would Nintendo want niche character from IP that was before tied to Sony consoles?
Its logical assumption that something Persona related could come to Switch if Joker from Persona 5 in Smash Bros.

Again with point that Vita is dead, if Atlus want Persona 5 on handheld, Switch is only logical assumption.

Its not confirmation but that proves that Atlus thinking about putting Persona on other platforms.

So yeah, all that combined makes believe most people that Persona 5 is coming to Switch, and there is nothing weird about that because those are all logical assumptions with all those things, and Best Buy just gave more fuel in believe that Persona 5 is really coming to Switch.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
But it does, why would Nintendo want niche character from IP that was before tied to Sony consoles?
Its logical assumption that something Persona related could come to Switch if Joker from Persona 5 in Smash Bros.

It's literally not. It's just a character in a fighting game that has lots of characters with lots of random origins. That is it.

Again with point that Vita is dead, if Atlus want Persona 5 on handheld, Switch is only logical assumption.

Why even bother going into if? Have they given any real indication they want a portable version? No they have not.

Its not confirmation but that proves that Atlus thinking about putting Persona on other platforms.

Okay? Other platform could literally be PC or a smart phone. Its a pointless speculation.

So yeah, all that combined makes believe most people that Persona 5 is coming to Switch, and there is nothing weird about that because those are all logical assumptions with all those things, and Best Buy just gave more fuel in believe that Persona 5 is really coming to Switch.

Of course its weird because nothing besides the best buy info (which is not even confirmed concrete) points to a Switch port. People are seriously drawing links due to Smash Bros character picks when that shit has literally never been based on anything concrete.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft is announcing their E3 plans on April 16th. So, that'll leave Nintendo as the only company not to do a full reveal. I believe this is usually how it goes with Nintendo being last.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine in lieu of a Direct they'll just put out a trailer for Joker. Nintendo rarely relies on influencers to do stuff like promote DLC there has to be more official marketing. Mario Maker 2 is the only game that can benefit from a direct but that can be a specific Mario Maker 2 direct or even failing that a massive overview video.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
You're looking into this way too hard. There's nothing to see here. We're past any general direct happening this week
I never said that I think anything's gonna happen this week. I was just saying it's weird. Besides, if something were to happen, I would expect it to be some kind of SMM2 or smash info that's just randomly dropped.

I will say, though, something about the AC tax day tweet and Reggie's last day, makes me think we'll get announcement Friday for something on Monday, or maybe just something dropped on Monday for Reggie's last day.

mera

Oct 2, 2018
playing my switch
Love Gamexplain's latest video. They made a lot of good points on why we should remain grounded when it comes to these rumours & leaks.

Now to play more of Yoshi's Crafted World

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine in lieu of a Direct they'll just put out a trailer for Joker. Nintendo rarely relies on influencers to do stuff like promote DLC there has to be more official marketing. Mario Maker 2 is the only game that can benefit from a direct but that can be a specific Mario Maker 2 direct or even failing that a massive overview video.

The 3.0 comes with more than just Joker.

(I'm thinking we're getting a dedicated Smash Direct.)

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

It won't be a simple trailer if they do one.

They will likely go over Smash 3.0 as well as Sakurai will go over Joker's moveset, inspiration for moves, final smash, Amiibo and stage. He's done it with Ryu, Bayonetta, Cloud, Piranha Plant, etc.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't necessarily think there is a general Direct coming but that video seems a little mean spirited.

Like Arlo wrote, there is nothing wrong with people looking forward to a Direct.
There's definitely nothing wrong with looking forward to a direct. If it's following bad people, like Garbage Intel, I can understand. Many of us do this for fun. It's all a hobby for me.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
It's literally not. It's just a character in a fighting game that has lots of characters with lots of random origins. That is it.

Why even bother going into if? Have they given any real indication they want a portable version? No they have not.

Okay? Other platform could literally be PC or a smart phone. Its a pointless speculation.

Of course its weird because nothing besides the best buy info (which is not even confirmed concrete) points to a Switch port. People are seriously drawing links due to Smash Bros character picks when that shit has literally never been based on anything concrete.

It is, again, why would Nintendo want niche character from IP that isnt big or famous and was before tied to Sony consoles?
They didnt done something like that before, and before you say Cloud from FF, Cloud is one of most famous characters in gaming from one of most famous IPs in gaming, on top of that FF7 is released on Switch.

They didnt, but with fact they done that with past 4 Persona games is logical assumption they would probably want to port Persona 5 also to handheld.

Atlus survey about Persona 5 on other platforms included Switch, so that clearly proves that Atlus was thinking about putting Persona on other platforms including Switch.

With all that on mind, were all that combined points that are good chanches (even whithout Best Buy leak) Persona 5 is coming to Switch,
and there is nothing weird about thinking that.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The part of their video when they were talking about Joker's release just seems awfully out of touch considering the history of the franchise and the fact Nintendo were the ones who set up the expectation that 3.0 was going to be a big deal back in the last Direct.

I can understand their points in the case of an actual Direct but I think they're woefully misrepresenting why people are expecting a Direct or presentation for 3.0

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Their video is for specific people. It's not meant for me and you.
guess that makes sense.
rereading my post it sounds like I'm calling them out.
Which isn't my intention.

It'd be one thing if we hadn't gotten a february direct, and we didn't know AC(hain), LARemake, MM2, and others existed. But we did.

so overall, Isn't the best perspective to have is just:
"Man it'd be really cool to get a direct his month/week/whatever, but if not, oh well"

and let that be that. Without the weird rumor mongering and agonizing. And...downright anger.

edit:
that being said I do think a smash direct for joker is happening, given how Sakurai operates. But we'll see.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Haha, I saw rumors about a direct on the 11th a few days ago, so I'm going to assume this thread is already going into full hysteria today, expecting the announcement to pop up any second?

Godspeed you hype-believers.

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
6e8de3a56c67ec52eb81257e95137e387d8f85e6v2_hq.jpg

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
That's good then, I was just wondering how this grew this big since yesterday. I apologize if I came across as mean spirited, I enjoy these threads a lot actually.

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
All I want is cadence of hyrule and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 release dates, with whats in Smash 3.0 and im good

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
No one wants to wake up to the news I woke up to this morning. No one. I was preparing my coffee, logging into Resetera and the first thing I read is: "No Nintendo Direct announced for this week". I blinked my eyes countless times and I went on Twitter just to see more and more posts about it. I couldn't believe it. My Animal Crossing dream was over and there I was at 8AM sitting in my kitchen looking at the screen of my iPhone.

I know this may sound a bit too much but… Yes. Tears started falling from my eyes and they wouldn't stop. I don't consider this to be an over dramatic reaction like many of you could easily consider. I look at it as unconditional love, dedication and passion. Something unexplainable, no one can translate love into words or even admiration. Some companies get your attention and you don't know why. And while I am fully aware that Nintendo is not over, they're just about to lose Reggie, I also am aware that it's never going to be the same. It doesn't matter if it is Doug Boswer or Miyamoto or Mario or Zelda or Pokémon. It doesn't. I saw this company being born when they were just five little NES games. A few years later they turned into a strong and confident mustachioed plumber and extremely inspirational. They brought the term "innovative" back in the gaming industry and scored two of the biggest IP's of this new decade. I was obsessed and extremely proud of it.

I've always been aware that gaming companies are not meant to last and that's why I flew to Japan just to see their offices last year. I knew this was a fast career and that's why I spent over 800€ on this company (I've watched them at E3 twice, I met them twice, I bought their systems, their games, their merchandise, I took a trip just to see them, paid hotel… You make the counts!). I wanted to live it as much as I could and looking back I am so proud of every single thing I did for them. They brought back my fan vein in a way I've never experienced before. Sony, Microsoft… They're both established giants and it's another story on how their careers are handled.

Every Nintendo fan was aware that Reggie was not happy. Ever since the Wii U flopped, something went wrong and the relationship between Reggie and the others has always been weird. There's indifference and I don't know what to think. Nonetheless, I am no one to judge that. All I want to make clear is: Nintendo is never going to be Nintendo again and that's why I feel like my dream has been crashed. My Metroid dream has ended. It hurts so bad when you're not prepared… After all they announced new NES games for their online service just this morning.

And no. I am not turning my back on Nintendo. This was a rough decision but I know what it's like to be in a place where you just can't give everyone everything they want... It's better in the end to just let it go.

Yet, I always like to see things from the bright side and I am going to always support the Switch as a system just like any of their other previous consoles. They've had an amazing and beautiful impact in my life.

Doug Bowser… Good luck.

Reggie Fils-Aime… Good Luck.

Nintendo…

Thank You. You've given me the ultimate fan experience and you've been so inspirational. All of you.
What a brave gamer.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Until cadence 9f hyrule was ann9uned and that game is only raised u9 by the greatest ip of all time

There was n9thing major from early december t9 June whenever Mario maker is

Status
Not open for further replies.