• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
MixedSecondaryGerbil-max-1mb.gif

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
I like how we expecting Direct just because Direct would fit this week and based on nothing else,
even same could be said for next week.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People still so bothered by speculation. Not everyone gives a shit about Gaming Intel and people will live if there's no direct this week. It's all in good fun.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
I like how we expecting Direct just because Direct would fit this week and based on nothing else,
even same could be said for next week.

I mean to be honest the only reason I was hoping for one this week was because of the Best Buy leak, but now it seems like some people are saying that's probably not true either now so I don't know what to think.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I mean to be honest the only reason I was hoping for one this week was because of the Best Buy leak, but now it seems like some people are saying that's probably not true either now so I don't know what to think.
Best Buy games can be announced whenever, they've had listings in the past that were live over 7 months before announcement (like Smash)

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
Best Buy games can be announced whenever, they've had listings in the past that were live over 7 months before announcement (like Smash)

So regardless of a direct existing or not, do you believe those listings are accurate? I'm just thirsty for Persona on Switch to be honest, and the wild ride of whether it's happening or not isn't that fun.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason you keep downplaying people speculating on this possible Direct so hard? No offense, but I've never seen you act like this. Not only here, but on Twitter too.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Jason Schreier heavily insinuated Persona 5 isn't coming to Switch unless Nintendo is handling the port themselves. Do you think Nintendo will port the game internally and that's how we get it?
From what he's heard. He's gotten things wrong before. I still fully expect persona 5 to release on switch

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Is there a reason you keep downplaying people speculating on this possible Direct so hard? No offense, but I've never seen you act like this. Not only here, but on Twitter too.
It's exhausting to see speculation on every video and tweet when it's led by GamingIntel, a site that has a terrible track record and promoted piracy. Even their September Direct accuracy was against embargo as a publisher told basically every journalist about it

Of course there may be a Direct but why are we giving this site the time of day?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Jason Schreier heavily insinuated Persona 5 isn't coming to Switch unless Nintendo is handling the port themselves. Do you think Nintendo will port the game internally and that's how we get it?

I'm not sure why Nintendo porting it themselves would make it more likely for it to come out.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Nintendo will not port Persona 5 to Switch internally, will hire Iron Galaxy or Panic Button and call it a day.

They probably distribute it, too.

Jan 20, 2019
Of course there may be a Direct but why are we giving this site the time of day?

Why, because half the fun of a Nintendo Direct is the hype that is spun up beforehand, and the friends we make along the way!

But yeah, with only one website making the claim it's a weak lead. I suppose that for some, the journey is truly more important than the destination itself.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
While it's not impossible for Nintendo to publish/distribute a Persona 5 port, I seriously doubt they would create a port of it at one of their internal studios. I can't recall any kind of situation where that's happened before with Nintendo, and I don't see why it would start now.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
It's exhausting to see speculation on every video and tweet when it's led by GamingIntel, a site that has a terrible track record and promoted piracy. Even their September Direct accuracy was against embargo as a publisher told basically every journalist about it

Because you might have already been screened with the Nintendo direct. We just like having fun. The game I'm wanting out of the direct is probably never coming.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Personally, idc about Gaming Intel. I was saying last month I could see a direct April 11th only because of how Nintendo does their General Directs.

Gaming Intel is just feeding people what they want to hear while being shady. It sucks, but many people won't care who tells them a Direct is coming. Once someone like Gaming Intel says "Direct coming April 11th", then you have media and many many many Youtubers wanting to give Gaming Intel this coverage. So it spreads and spreads and here we are. I've seen Youtubers say "get ready for the Direct this week". They just feed the fire and add fuel to their subscribers. When subscribers see their favorite Youtubers giving these people like Gaming Intel cred then they follow.

These Youtubers or fake leakers on Twitter don't care what shady crap Gaming Intel does. They're all along for the ride, the clicks and views.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The fun of directs/game speculation can turn quickly to toxicity so keep this in mind whatever happens today/tomorrow and the same with whatever happens with Persona 5 announcements on the 25th.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Last night I was thinking that, maybe, there was a decent chance this week.

This morning I'm thinking no chance.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'm incredibly confident there will be no direct tomorrow. I still expect a smash direct before the end of April though, just not this week.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Personally, idc about Gaming Intel. I was saying last month I could see a direct April 11th only because of how Nintendo does their General Directs.

Gaming Intel is just feeding people what they want to hear while being shady. It sucks, but many people won't care who tells them a Direct is coming. Once someone like Gaming Intel says "Direct coming April 11th", then you have media and many many many Youtubers wanting to give Gaming Intel this coverage. So it spreads and spreads and here we are. I've seen Youtubers say "get ready for the Direct this week". They just feed the fire and add fuel to their subscribers. When subscribers see their favorite Youtubers giving these people like Gaming Intel cred then they follow.

These Youtubers or fake leakers on Twitter don't care what shady crap Gaming Intel does. They're all along for the ride, the clicks and views.
I like Arlo a lot in a pre direct fase. Just along for the ride and not acting like a know it all.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean atleast no one reports on Marcus Sellers. I'd like to hope if there's no direct this week it'll be the end of anyone taking Gaming Intel serious online.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damiani from Easy Allies did some research. He said this is the longest we've ever been from a mainline Zelda release to the next mainline Zelda game announcement. We're over 2 years now. So he's expecting the next 3D Zelda to be revealed at E3!

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do you have a link where he said this?
Hey, so...

Some of you may have seen that I was on Kinda Funny Games saying I didn't think Persona 5 was coming to Switch. I'm afraid to tell you all that, despite Best Buy (lol), I still feel that way. I think Persona 5 Royale is a PS4 game, and I'm pretty sure that P5S is something else entirely.

I guess it's possible that a P5 Switch port is coming separately, and it's also possible that the people I talk to aren't omniscient, which is why I don't like to definitely declare "Persona 5 is not coming to Switch," but, look, don't let these "insiders" get your hopes up too much is all I'm saying.

(Video game bloggers, please don't turn this post into a news article on your websites.)
It's a good question. And, again, for all I know, some corner of the Treehouse is secretly working on a port right now, which would make me THRILLED. All I can share is what I've heard, which is that it ain't Royal or S.
This makes me think he knows P5R and P5S aren't a Switch port and that Atlus isn't making a port. He's insinuating that if it's happening, it'd have to be from Nintendo.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damiani was able to convince Kyle the Monolith Soft hiring for Zelda was Monolith Soft just hiring more people to help assist Nintendo. I'm so proud of him lol.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The last time it happened was when Marcus Sellars gave the right date for an upcoming Direct and insiders didn't want people to think he was reliable because of what was probably pure luck.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
Damiani from Easy Allies did some research. He said this is the longest we've ever been from a mainline Zelda release to the next mainline Zelda game announcement. We're over 2 years now. So he's expecting the next 3D Zelda to be revealed at E3!
Except it's only been two years since BOTW came out. Twilight Princess was released in 2006, while Skyward sword was revealed in 2009 (at least according to Wikipedia), which would be three years in between a release and announcement.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The last time it happened was when Marcus Sellars gave the right date for an upcoming Direct and insiders didn't want people to think he was reliable because of what was probably pure luck.
Yeah I understand. You don't want people to think this person really has inside info when they don't and they do shady stuff.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I'm just trying to speculate based on the Best buy stuff, the WSJ report, the imminent Smash stuff, spring/summer games needing details/dates etc...

I don't see the point in talking about the Bad Leak Blog. The speculation thread was rolling before they jumped in.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
Except it's only been two years since BOTW came out. Twilight Princess was released in 2006, while Skyward sword was revealed in 2009 (at least according to Wikipedia), which would be three years in between a release and announcement.
I think rather than announcement he means acknowledgement meaning it would only be a quote from a Nintendo higher-up saying "We're working on a new Zelda game" rather than a trailer with gameplay and a title and such

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Well, some insiders are sticking by the accuracy of those Best Buy listings, which had Nintendo as the publisher of Persona 5 on Switch. That seems to be exactly how we're going to get the game if it's coming

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Nintendo will not port Persona 5 to Switch internally, will hire Iron Galaxy or Panic Button and call it a day.

They probably distribute it, too.
Doubt. Aside from Catherine on PC (which was handled entirely by SEGA Europe and an external port studio) and Persona 1 and 2, Atlus don't port default versions of their games. If P5 is coming to the Switch, it'll be the re-release handled by themselves.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks released Between TP and SS, so Damiani is right. Its been over 2 years since Botw released. By E3 it'll be 2 years and a few months. We haven't gone this long from mainline Zelda release to announcement of the next mainline Zelda.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Expecting a Direct Mini within the next fortnight with Joker reveal, Smash Stage Builder, Mario Maker 2 release date and a few small oddities.

Status
Not open for further replies.