• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I don't think this is the one (I remember seeing one a little more reasonable than this) but... wow.
  • "Return to Luigi's Mansion"
  • Gameplay for Prime 4
  • Crono for Smash and not Erdrick
  • "Dragon Quest 6"
  • "Animal Crossing: Homecoming"
It's sad that the OoT + MM collection and Mother 3 are more realistic predictions than any of those.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If there is a Direct anytime soon I don't expect Smash 3.0 to shadowdrop with it, at least this week. The game just had an update last week that added support for Amiibo that aren't launching until this Friday, suggesting that they aren't going to update before that point (as otherwise they wouldn't bother with the Amiibo update). If they decide a Direct is contingent on when they plan to finally release that update - which they've been jerking people around for a better while - I'd say next week is the earliest to expect anything.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smash 3.0 will need a notice a week before in any case, since it'll break replays. So it's not this week in any case.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
https://pastebin.com/mnHJydid Interesting and well done fake (?) leak, showing all the French subtitles of the upcoming Nintendo/Smash Direct.
Reveals informations on Joker, new modes and the next DLC Fighter :
Chrono from Chrono Trigger.

I'm curious to know who made this now!

sammkoo

Mar 2, 2019
Every single one of em is saying something different and in the same time pretend to be real, really funny

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
Im still expecting the Direct to be on the 25th as that's when the Persona 5S website says there will be new information. I expect Joker and smash 3.0 shadow drop at the direct.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I refuse to believe any leak that doesn't mention something pokemon related being shown in the direct

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
https://pastebin.com/mnHJydid Interesting and well done fake (?) leak, showing all the French subtitles of the upcoming Nintendo/Smash Direct.

"If you've followed the news, you already know about Jane, the main character from Persona 5: the Royal"
Major red flag here, way too convenient, only using names we already know about... Some nice effort here but this line I don't buy at all.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Eh ok, I'll have to go all out just this once. Here's a leaked list found on Reggie's desk:

0D5npg9.jpg

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
Personally I only care for general Directs. But anyway I'll be in a two-hour meeting when the announcement doesn't happen so I look forward to the 50 new pages in here when I get out!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting No More Heroes 3 reveal at Nintendo's E3 Presentation. So if we get that I only expect one more 2020 or beyond game. Please be Retro's...

I gave it some more thought. Maybe it's a NMH 1 + NMH 2 port to Switch instead of NMH3.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

Yeah, the way Crono is described sounds so ridiculously convoluted. There was someone a while back trying to sell him on same fake Direct screen shots in German.

There's someone on 4chan really trying to push Crono as well recently.

erdrick is leakbait
steve isn't in
joker, crono and a minecraft stage are in the 3.0 patch
doomguy scorpion and reimu are in the fighter pass
you'll get banjo for free if you buy all the dlc
all packs include spirits, a boss and an exclusive wol area
that's it, believe it now or later
or continue watching shitty laxchris videos for all i care LOL

This has some Persona stuff, so I'll take into account the above and put it behind a Spoiler

Smash Direct will be announced at around Wednesday morning.

Joker: Standards attacks are quick and agile. Dagger and physical attacks only. Arsene is the only persona involved through special attacks. Guns are not in his moveset at all.

Standard special: Agidyne, explosive fire blast. Chargable.
Side special: Dream Needle, contact causes characters to sleep.
Down special: Tetrakarn/Makarakarn(?), counter move for Joker.
Up special: Garudyne, wind propulsion recovery for Joker.

Jack Frost ONLY appears in a taunt. No Female Joker playable.

Final Smash: All-Out attack with Joker/Morgana/Anne/Ryuji. Ending sequences are random between those 4 characters. No Makoto/Yusuke/Haru/Akechi

Morgana is also an assist trophy.

Stage: Mementos. Characters are placed in between two subway routes, with occasional trains causing environmental damage. Futaba spectates the fight. Can be turned off.

Music:
Last Surprise (Remix and original)
Rivers in the Desert (Remix and original)
Blooming Villain (Remix)
Mid-boss Theme (Original)
Life will Change (Original)

Free Octoling echo character.
New spirits/mii costumes (Geno in particular).
Home-run contest, Stage Builder, and Break the Targets return.

Crono: Incorporates techs into his moveset.
Basic/Smash attacks carry over some of Crono attack animations with some of his single techs thrown in there (i.e. cleave and frenzy, they're naming them based on the DS translation)

Standard special: Single tech with Crono's Luminaire
Side special: Double Tech with Frog's X-strike
Down special: Double Tech with Robo's Cyclone Sweep
Up special: Double Tech with Ayla's Falcon Strike

Final Smash is a triple tech involving Crono, Marle, and Lucca with Delta Force

Magus is an assist trophy.

Stage: Moving stage that travels through time on the Epoch. Pre-historic age, Magus Castle, and Leene Square are the only places shown.

Music: Remixes of the Chrono Trigger main theme and boss theme are heard.

Good night and good riddance.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
It's probably worth asking why subtitles would leak

The script of a Direct has never leaked, people just have too much fun writing their own marketing fanfiction

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, the way Crono is described sounds so ridiculously convoluted. There was someone a while back trying to sell him on same fake Direct screen shots in German.

There's someone on 4chan really trying to push Crono as well recently.

This has some Persona stuff, so I'll take into account the above and put it behind a Spoiler

Smash Direct will be announced at around Wednesday morning.

Joker: Standards attacks are quick and agile. Dagger and physical attacks only. Arsene is the only persona involved through special attacks. Guns are not in his moveset at all.

Standard special: Agidyne, explosive fire blast. Chargable.
Side special: Dream Needle, contact causes characters to sleep.
Down special: Tetrakarn/Makarakarn(?), counter move for Joker.
Up special: Garudyne, wind propulsion recovery for Joker.

Jack Frost ONLY appears in a taunt. No Female Joker playable.

Final Smash: All-Out attack with Joker/Morgana/Anne/Ryuji. Ending sequences are random between those 4 characters. No Makoto/Yusuke/Haru/Akechi

Morgana is also an assist trophy.

Stage: Mementos. Characters are placed in between two subway routes, with occasional trains causing environmental damage. Futaba spectates the fight. Can be turned off.

Music:
Last Surprise (Remix and original)
Rivers in the Desert (Remix and original)
Blooming Villain (Remix)
Mid-boss Theme (Original)
Life will Change (Original)

Free Octoling echo character.
New spirits/mii costumes (Geno in particular).
Home-run contest, Stage Builder, and Break the Targets return.

Crono: Incorporates techs into his moveset.
Basic/Smash attacks carry over some of Crono attack animations with some of his single techs thrown in there (i.e. cleave and frenzy, they're naming them based on the DS translation)

Standard special: Single tech with Crono's Luminaire
Side special: Double Tech with Frog's X-strike
Down special: Double Tech with Robo's Cyclone Sweep
Up special: Double Tech with Ayla's Falcon Strike

Final Smash is a triple tech involving Crono, Marle, and Lucca with Delta Force

Magus is an assist trophy.

Stage: Moving stage that travels through time on the Epoch. Pre-historic age, Magus Castle, and Leene Square are the only places shown.

Music: Remixes of the Chrono Trigger main theme and boss theme are heard.

Good night and good riddance.
A lot of fake leakers are going with Crono now, huh? Still believe in Erdrick 100%, but this is neat to see (since I would prefer Crono myself).

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
As somebody who isn't a fan of the game, I really really hope it isn't just a Smash direct.

(if we do get a Direct this week, which I don't think we will)

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't have to be the exact same game. Could have different ending, could have some big story differences, could be a whole brand new side/parallel/prequel story even. The "S" letter already tells us it's not the same game PS4 is getting.

But I don't think it's another genre. They already have SRPG and DRPG SMT side series and that leaves us with ARPG, a sub genre that Atlus is not experienced in. Could be a something that's not a RPG at all? Musou? Nah, I don't think so.
Weren't Raidou games ARPG? I've never played them but watching some videos, seem to be that way.
An ARPG Persona 5 version is fine for me.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Yeah, but, has anyone denied it?
I mean there's a possibility of there being one every single weekday of the year so of course no one can deny it? There's also no one with any credibility saying that there will be one, it's just a normal weekday with there being as much of a chance as any other.

Sawzer

Nov 5, 2017
I don't believe we'll get General Direct announcement today but Mini Direct sometime this month is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.