• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is 13 our luck number?

• Yes

Votes: 352 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 263 24.6%
  • Dill Spowser

Votes: 303 28.3%
  • Phoug Bencer

Votes: 152 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
A lot of things here are pretty cliquish.
you're right. it's something that I do think about sometimes, and wish I could fix. at the very least, the clique is a little bigger than it was when, say, I was OP. but the more open to newcomers the community is the better.

in-jokes are usually funny though, I'll never yield on that

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
It's a sign of a dude who loves to troll for his own amusement. that's all I can say.
Maybe I should stop engaging, but I'm genuinely curious. If trolling is his goal, wouldn't you expect more people to be upset? Like, he's doing a pretty bad job of trolling given the number of people disagreeing with your take. Is it possible that he's just joking around in a community where lots of people joke around, and you're just reacting badly to his particular sense of humor?

Mar 31, 2018
Dill_600x600.png

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Maybe I should stop engaging, but I'm genuinely curious. If trolling is his goal, wouldn't you expect more people to be upset? Like, he's doing a pretty bad job of trolling given the number of people disagreeing with your take. Is it possible that he's just joking around in a community where lots of people joke around, and you're just reacting badly to his particular sense of humor?
Good question.

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
Personally I would sacrifice a BotW 2 trailer if it meant getting more game announcements. I don't really feel like I need more on BotW2 at this point. I mean we know it's coming, probably next year, so it's not a big deal right now.

On that note, I recall there's been some rumors out there about BotW2 launching alongside new hardware next year, so if that were true I wouldn't be surprised if they held off showing it again until they were ready to show that hardware, which would probably be next year.
If I had to choose I guess I'd choose new games but after a year we better get both

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
How in the world is this thread "cliqueish" compared to anything on ResetERA as a whole? Sure there are regulars who post in here, but I've never seen any sort of gatekeeping unless someone comes in here being overly negative and starts attacking people in the thread.

A few examples of this just in the past couple of pages.

Anyway, you don't need to be a frequent poster in here to understand that METROID PRIME TRILOGY IS COMING TO SWITCH IF YOU JUST BELIEVE HARD ENOUGH.

BOD3IR

Aug 6, 2020
This OT is moving super fast already. Makes me wonder where we'll be before the next stop.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Is it that hard for you guys to just understand that I might not find this Dill Spowser Joke funny?
neither do I, probably the least funny thing this thread has ever produced. You're taking it a little personal and going after certain posters though. That's also a little weird. Just don't engage with it

Nov 2, 2017
So, you'll get one Metroid game at the next direct, the Prime Trilogy or Metroid V, which would you choose to last you a couple more years?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I think a big reason that this thread has become a "circlejerk" of jokes and off-topic discussion is because honestly everything sucks right now (no, I don't just mean for Nintendo), people are bored and lonely

the Direct threads are now kind of like going down to the pub and shootin the shit, seeing your pals and talking about whatever, but with the constant cloud of Nintendo speculation over all of it

it's arguably the closest thing to an off-topic thread on the entire forum, which I personally think is pretty neat

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Well I'm now the proud owner of A Short Hike and Manifold Garden. Hoping to see some positive impressions of Raji soon.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
neither do I, probably the least funny thing this thread has ever produced. You're taking it a little personal and going after certain posters though. That's also a little weird. Just don't engage with it
Yeah I might've gone a bit far on that. Still do think the whole Dill Spowser thing is the least funny thing this thread has ever produced though.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
A lot of things here are pretty cliquish.
I agree -- as I've said before, a lot of the initial Hidden Post shitposting seemed purposefully exclusionary -- but I really don't think Dill Spowser counts. It's just a dumb mash-up of Doug Bowser and Phil Spencer, and people are more than happy to explain the joke.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
I think a big reason that this thread has become a "circlejerk" of jokes and off-topic discussion is because honestly everything sucks right now (no, I don't just mean for Nintendo), people are bored and lonely

the Direct threads are now kind of like going down to the pub and shootin the shit, seeing your pals and talking about whatever, but with the constant cloud of Nintendo speculation over all of it

it's arguably the closest thing to an off-topic thread on the entire forum, which I personally think is pretty neat

I feel like this thread is like a community thread they all feel that way if you spend enough time in them

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This OT is moving super fast already. Makes me wonder where we'll be before the next stop.
Once everyone stops arguing over fucking Dill Spowser posts it should slow down. I bet 80% minimum is related to that. Of course, this thread could take off like a rocket with even a slight tease as we approach the supposed direct date.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Dill Spowser is completely fucking stupid, everyone agrees

whether or not you find that funny is down to taste

Ser_Kafka

Mar 23, 2020
Nice OT, BozPaggs. Love the smell of... dill...you've dispersed throughout these pages.

You crazy SOBs - twenty odd pages in a few hours!

Shame the Microsoft/Xbox games seemingly got delayed. Hopefully we'll see Banjo-Kazooie in the General instead (jk).

Some really interesting games here, as is usual with Indies.

Full steam ahead to the General (Mini?) Direct!!

Peace and love.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
Do you think there's a chance for a new Fire Emblem reveal at the next direct? Whether it's a remake of an old game, spin off or a new game, or do you think it's too soon still after 3H?

Plum

May 31, 2018
BozPaggs Here's the updated Direct table! Finally!

AkGeOar.png

There's a very real chance we might be nearing an entire year without a full General Direct.

What a world we live in.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Getting A Short Hike pretty soon, but damn, I want Raji too! And I still have to 100% Paper Mario and keep up with AC and Ring Fit, plus I have W101 unopened.

XBOX OWNERS: Spiritfarer is on Game Pass now. It's sitting at an 85 on MC.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
I wanna talk about the Indies again. I'm still shocked at how many bangers there seemed to be. Has anyone played any yet? Impressions? Most interested in Spiritfarer, Raji, A Short Hike, Card Shark, Manifold Garden, and Evergate.

Mar 17, 2019
I dont know if you guys like rhythm games but i would love a new Rock Band Blitz on the switch that would be a dream! or a new Rock Band Unplugged that would be a lot of fun!

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
Hihi! Is everyone feeling good after Indie World? Lots of great Apple Arcade titles on their way.

What's the consensus on a general direct happening soon?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I feel like this thread is like a community thread they all feel that way if you spend enough time in them
I think that's true, yeah. I think eventually this thread will be bumped to hangouts; every time we hit a serious posting stride there's more and more irate posters coming in to chastise us for thinking something's happening. Eventually there will be enough pressure for it to be moved

MarkDaShark_

Jul 29, 2020
After not being to able to stay caught up with OT 12, hoepfully I can with this thread. Also more Spowser please.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
The Indie World was fantastic. One of the best they have done by far.

I think that's true, yeah. I think eventually this thread will be bumped to hangouts; every time we hit a serious posting stride there's more and more irate posters coming in to chastise us for thinking something's happening. Eventually there will be enough pressure for it to be moved
Xbox and PS have their own main threads that are not moved over to hangouts. I believe this will stay in gaming

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately

considering I have no friends who like videogames, this is probably the only place I have to talk about games and stuff. So you're not wrong.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
Yeah I might've gone a bit far on that. Still do think the whole Dill Spowser thing is the least funny thing this thread has ever produced though.
Not really, in my opinion. A few OTs back, I even didn't wanted to enter. The people was always fighting, and going off topic much more than now. Mostly because we had so little info, and sum to that people measing with insiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.