• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Direct Predictions

• Any Metroid

Votes: 233 22.3%
  • BOTW2/SSHD

Votes: 372 35.5%
  • Mario 3D All Stars

Votes: 632 60.4%
  • Splatoon Spin-Off

Votes: 102 9.7%
  • Wii U Port

Votes: 475 45.4%
  • Smash DLC

Votes: 412 39.4%
  • New IP

Votes: 146 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Imagine falling for the same trick TWICE IN A ROW
bkPpkcQ.png

Vexieal

Apr 30, 2020
Nate had said it wasn't going to be a partner showcase though.

I know plans can change but in that case don't say stuff like that. I know it's partly my fault in listening but at this point I'm confident in saying the insiders aren't reliable, at least for this year.

I absolutely agree, Nate himself has admitted he made assumptions but right here he's stating it like he knows it. Insiders aren't being transparent enough, and are instead posting teases like "Lightning strikes twice" and hidden messages in images to try to hype everybody up for stuff they don't really know much about.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This will be the first time in the Switch era that Nintendo will not have first party release in September. Pretty crazy, unless Mario is announced on Friday

Christo750

May 10, 2018
People saying this is "Wii U levels of drought" as if the Wii U would ever get even a Kingdom Hearts spin-off.

It's a rough year, but there have been worse.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm really curious about this 28th date. Mini aside, getting the date wrong was unexpected. It would be funny, and very unfortunate for someone, if a Switch game is announced on the 28th, maybe from a third party, and people could then identify a/the source of some of this info.

RobFox64tm

Oct 30, 2017
And the news drought continues. So, no first party games until October 30th, and it's really up in the air if anything else is releasing in the remainder of 2020. I think it's just time for Nintendo fans to wrap it up now with the direct hype; they are gone, at least as we once knew them.

esteh

Sep 15, 2019
july partner direct + august mini partner direct + indie direct would make one good direct

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Feels like not following every second of speculation is the best, as while this Partner Mini Direct wasn't up my alley, I wasn't in a rage upon seeing it, expecting it to be something else.

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
I'm so burnt out that I'm legit considering selling my switch and buying a PS5 and a 1000€ TV just so that I can play Spider-Man DLC this Christmas.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I absolutely agree, Nate himself has admitted he made assumptions but right here he's stating it like he knows it. Insiders aren't being transparent enough, and are instead posting teases like "Lightning strikes twice" and hidden messages in images to try to hype everybody up for stuff they don't really know much about.

Yeah, I think they really need to be more clear for everyone's sake

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
People keep saying every time that the Nintendo Era community must reevaluate their relationship toward insiders, yet it's close to never the actual usual Nintendo Era members who freak out and go ape shit disappointment when insider get something wrong.

Renmazuo

Dec 26, 2019
It's funny watching people say stuff like "I'm not believing insiders again, at least not for this year" and then keep on talking about a mario collection like it's an officially announced title.

BirdoFan87

Feb 11, 2020
California
I don't think insiders need to drop or confirm dates anymore. I say we should just throw caution to the wind and let Nintendo do whatever they want and just let everything be a surprise.

MonkeyDLenny

Apr 15, 2019
Remember kids: Always assume the worst

You'll be prepared when it happens and pleasantly surprised when it doesn't happen

Sep 29, 2019
I think it's funny on how people think insiders = automatically 100% inside the corporation ideas and decisions...
Also funny on how people call C. Tsubasa and Nate (and also other insiders) fake and all when they have been correct multiple times in the past. People have to remember that Nintendo is just being 100% unpredictable at this point. It's not their fault - they are just telling us what they know.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Il ask again, could anything happend on Friday Nintendo Related?

If not... well September it is.... if Nintendo think it's a good Idea to announce their Holiday Line-Up in middle of September fine.

Also the "Ubisoft Forward" is in September, and we could possibly get RE-Announcement of "Good and Monster" under a new Name for Switch.

Also, I have some "Acitivision" Sources telling me that "THPS 1+2" and "Crash Bandicoot 4" will come to Switch eventually.

donpiano

Nov 15, 2017
How can Nintendo drop the ball so bad right now, for the first time in years they were hitting their stride and then this lol

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Nah that's the fans and the insiders sources.

Nintendo's probably Homer sitting on the couch as always not doing anything.
Last time they were actually like this we got the Direct of desperation of early 2013 where they announced games that wouldn't be out for 2+ years at that point. Here they seem to be overly relaxed instead.

Honestly I don't read them as relaxed, I read it as like a confused chaos

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm really curious about this 28th date. Mini aside, getting the date wrong was unexpected. It would be funny, and very unfortunate for someone, if a Switch game is announced on the 28th, maybe from a third party, and people could then identify a/the source of some of this info.

they will announce a Direct on August 28th, that will air the week after (in September)
mark my words!

(I'm no insider)

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
i fucking wish the Wii U had smt and bravely default games but third parties bad i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.