• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Direct Predictions

• Any Metroid

Votes: 233 22.3%
  • BOTW2/SSHD

Votes: 372 35.5%
  • Mario 3D All Stars

Votes: 632 60.4%
  • Splatoon Spin-Off

Votes: 102 9.7%
  • Wii U Port

Votes: 475 45.4%
  • Smash DLC

Votes: 412 39.4%
  • New IP

Votes: 146 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, my expectations for a combined PARTNER MINI Direct would already been pretty low, but....that was really bad.

Look at the dislikes -

Fi4cWsC.png
The last Partner Showcase got ratio'd just as badly, people are predisposed to not liking this format right now regardless.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Looking forward to the next partner direct where people are dismayed when it turns out that it focuses on a selection of titles a partner is putting out in the near future.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Yeah forget it....no more General Direct for a long time. Expect Partner Showcase every month and 1st party titles to be announced randomly on Twitter.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I don't get it.
Isn't Bravely Default 2 supposed to be released in September?
When are they going to annunce the release date?

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
it seems that nintendo having a successful hardware it's the worst thing that can happen to its consumers, paradoxically enough.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So does this mini exist to clear the way for a general direct tomorrow or friday?

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At this point there's probably no "Mario 35th Anniversary" marketing stunt if it wasn't obvious before now. Guess it was killed when COVID hit and caused the theme park to be delayed among other things.

If the 3D Collection is real then it probably gets marketed and sold as a standalone game rather than being the center of some 2020 push for Mario.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
at this point its fair to assume the Mario 3D Collection "leak" was a mole hunt like Star Fox Grand Prix

Alejandro

Jan 9, 2018
I know the first one had SMT but the whole "Partner Showcase" thing is already tainted with a bad perception. These aren't great. Basically contractually obligated dumping ground of random games that would get completely ignored in a stronger showcase. The fact that they're planning more is the opposite of hype.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
I am gathering from the thread that, somehow, the partner showcase became known last night before it dropped?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Alright I hope we all learned our lesson. Next time anyone talks about a Direct the assumption must be partner mini until proven otherwise officially.

That's the law.

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020
So now we wait until the end of the first half of September for a general or is that also not happening anymore?

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Once again, feel bad for the games in this mini being thrown to the wolves.

They need to stop doing this

PushDustIn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing if Mario ports get announced it'll just be a random Twitter announcement like Paper Mario: Origami King.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
But what about that Nintendo game Nate hinted a vew pages back? Is that going to be a Twitter drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.