• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The truth about [Hidden Content] is:

• The [Hidden Content] we made along the way

Votes: 151 19.3%
  • What [Hidden Content] said before insiders were run off

Votes: 30 3.8%
  • The Last Jedi

Votes: 152 19.5%
  • Honestly, I feel like user [Hidden Content] posts way too much.

Votes: 95 12.2%
  • [Hidden Content]

Votes: 206 26.4%
  • That's what [Hidden Content] said

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • Lightning [Hidden Content] twice

Votes: 97 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I'm not even convinced 3D World will release this year tbh. I could see them holding it off for January with Mario Collection as their only big November release.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
Having full co op and new story content is gonna make me buy Pikmin for sure. Halloween is a weird time for it though.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Captain said "let's wait for the Directs. He's implying Nintendo's other announcements will probably come from a direct. Then why the hell didn't they save pikmin 3 for the direct

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I'm not even convinced 3D World will release this year tbh. I could see them holding it off for January with Mario Collection as their only big November release.
3D World never made sense for this year, it's written Q1 2021 all over it.
Especially since 3D All Stars is still rumored for the next 3 months.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah ok. Well that's just weird then, from what I can tell it isn't out anywhere else. I guess they just needed more time.
they've expanded the game A LOT for the upcoming switch/steam release (and these updates will come to the apple arcade version as well in an update)
So, without further ado, let's take a look at some of the improvements made by Alexey and Andriy!

• New locations and puzzles which help to bring out the story
  • New NPCs with additional dialogue, quests and story
  • New and improved enemies
  • New intro sequence and in-game cutscenes
  • New music tracks and sound effects
  • New visual and sound weather effects depending on the state of the world
  • 100+ new lines of dialogue
  • Improved design of existing locations
  • Optimized in-game physics and improved overall performance
  • Improved localization
  • Additional animation effects for the knight's attacks
  • Improved gamepad support, especially in UI navigation. Added in-game hints for gamepad buttons
  • Improved touch control scheme for Apple Arcade
  • Fixed general small bugs and issues
The biggest and most important update yet… you can now pet the cat!

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
If the Mario Collection is indeed the September game, I think the next Direct will be a Mario Mini Direct in 1-2 weeks. They'll announce the port collection for late September, 3D World for late November and some pack/deal. And that's all for 2020 sadly.

If they really have a Mini/General for August, I don't see why they should announce Pikmin 3 now randomly.

I agree. Only makes sense to do a special Mario presentation now.

Oct 30, 2017
Barcelona
Lightning strikes twice.

Bolt_4.jpg

"1 down, 2 to go".

Last edited:

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
If the Mario Collection is indeed the September game, I think the next Direct will be a Mario Mini Direct in 1-2 weeks. They'll announce the port collection for late September, 3D World for late November and some pack/deal. And that's all for 2020 sadly.

If they really have a Mini/General for August, I don't see why they should announce Pikmin 3 now randomly.
The Pikmin 3 announcement could well be a bone for investors: "Look, the release schedule isn't empty!" It's also not that big a release, especially compared to the Mario titles, so maybe they're just tucking it out the way while they can.

We'll know for sure later this month.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
This is crazy. Nothing about this announcement makes sense. It gives the impression that they have nothing coming in August (which I've accepted already) or September (which I still refuse to accept).

Yes, Covid screwed up their 2020 plans.

But I am having a hard time wrapping my head around their lack of communication, games, & general direct...ion.

What sort of 2020 did they plan on having before the pandemic? Because, from where I am sitting, it wouldn't have looked great.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Captain said "let's wait for the Directs. He's implying Nintendo's other announcements will probably come from a direct. Then why the hell didn't they save pikmin 3 for the direct

He said "Direct's", speaking of other 2 of a group of 3, 1 of which was Pikmin 3 DX
so the next time we'll probably get a Mario Direct with All Star 2 and 3D World announcements
and you don't announce Pikmin in a "Mario Direct"

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
they've expanded the game A LOT for the upcoming switch/steam release (and these updates will come to the apple arcade version as well in an update)

Oh wow, those are some meaty additions. That makes it more understandable why it hasn't come to other platforms yet. Thanks for the heads up!

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they stage 3D as a November release, I'k assuming it's because they've added a decent bit of content. If it is, I'm expecting one more playable character, and 2 new worlds with about 8 levels apiece.

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
Then why the hell didn't they save pikmin 3 for the direct
They just want something on their calendar to show they have games coming. Pikmin 3 is a pretty low impact announcement. They probably could've saved it for a direct of some kind but it's so small that it kind of doesn't matter either way.

Like who right now is flipping tables and screaming because Pikmin 3 is coming to Switch? Going to assume nobody. If it sat in a direct it would've been just another "oh, cool I guess" announcement.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
At long last, I'll be getting my Pikmin fix.

Way later than it should've been, and I'll continue to grumble until the end of October, but at least it's finally here. With a prologue and an epilogue! And the Piklopedia! A good day indeed.

As for the lineup overall...well...hopefully 2021 will be insane enough to make up for it given everything that's aligning for next year.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A Mario presentation with the following

-3D Mario Collection coming September
-Super Mario 3D World coming January 2021
-Mario Sports coming November
-Nintendo Switch Online Mario All Stars
-Super Mario Odyssey 2 coming 2021

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
The Pikmin 3 announcement could well be a bone for investors: "Look, the release schedule isn't empty!" It's also not that big a release, especially compared to the Mario titles, so maybe they're just tucking it out the way while they can.

We'll know for sure later this month.
It can be of course. It will break the curse of "Nintendo doesn't announce a new 2020 game until the only announced one is released".

thys

Jul 12, 2020
Maybe they wanted to have something announced before they share their sales tomorrow? But the trailer didn't show that much tbh so it could also be possible that we're getting a more in depth trailer during the next direct

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If there was a september game they would have announced it already

supervino256

Aug 14, 2019
If there's a Mario Direct, they need at least a brand new game, like a Mario Golf or something.
They can't just have a Direct with ports ?

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I agree. Only makes sense to do a special Mario presentation now.
Either Mario focused or no direct at all and do twitter drops instead. At least if a Mario thing happens I hope it's not just Mario Collection and Mario 3D World but has a few other things Mario related even if they are NSO or next year. Mario Land 1 and 2 wouldn't be bad to kickstart GameBoy games for example.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
They probably need something on the docket for this holiday for their shareholders meeting. There is still a more than likely chance Pikmin 3 is re-advertised in a Direct.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Era is reacting harshly to Pikmin 3 Deluxe on what would otherwise be positive news.

And now I remember why I went on a self-imposed exile. People here are quite vitrolic about any Nintendo news. I can't imagine how bad it was during the SMTV announcement.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Biggest thing Nintendo should announce is Brewster and gyroids coming back on New Horizons tbh.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense to me. XB1 was a near universally praised game while X was polarising, and had big online component which would need to be reworked/rebuilt to make it work on switch
X was stuck on the Wii U though, a console that not many people owned.

XB1 was on the Wii and 3DS, systems many people owned.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
If there was a september game they would have announced it already
Ideally yeah, but they have still 3 weeks to announce a late-September game and be able to preorder it in Japan, so maybe they will announce it only 4-5 weeks in advance. If it's the Mario collection, it will sell well regardless of when it's announced tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.