• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the next General Direct will be?

• I still have a fool's hope: August

Votes: 434 31.2%
  • I'm realistic and boring: September

Votes: 491 35.2%
  • I don't like to commit to things: Anytime in 2020

Votes: 157 11.3%
  • I've been hurt too many times: 2021 Onwards

Votes: 311 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Witz

Nov 6, 2017
So what, No More Heroes 3, BD2, and...Bayo 3? Nothing that appeals to me, the arduous march continues

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I just went from the most hype I've been for Nintendo games in a long time to the most demoralized. Holy fuck. Xbox better bring it on Thursday

alm0st^_^

Banned
Jan 25, 2020
So it's only a 10 min video and they are choosing to use a portion of that time on that WWE arcade game? LOL

Oct 26, 2017
Genuinely don't understand what's happening here.

Obviously Nintendo won't release a game in August but September too at this point?

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing that they made an announcement at midnight for previously announced third party games. Can't wait to see more about Bakugan then...

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
So I didn't see the specifics on what Nate was talking about. Did he ever say what to expect from this direct? Or just that x, y and z were coming, and there is a direct tomorrow?

Because.. this announcement. Agh.

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
ezgif-5-70ade56103ce.gif

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just trying to wrap my head around 'previously announced' because the whole problem is...y'know, they have nothing on the slate.

And given that it supposedly is filled with some good stuff, the only thing I can possibly think of is if it's hyper focused on the 'white whales': Bayonetta 3 and Shin Megami Tensei V, probably with Bravely Default II and No More Heroes 3.

I guess.

This is so weird.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Third party focus? Urgh, after NGPE it seems really redundant and pointless. Hoping for a retro compilation announcement as my dream want, but not expecting much. Likely gonna get info on games like NMH3 instead of something bigger like BD2/Bayo 3, or literally anything that could be the fall lineup. :(

but seriously they have to confirm the Mario Collection at this rate, the merch is already coming out lol. Though jeez, we're really approaching one year since the last full direct? Goodness, they better have a big show for September...

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
Okay but if this was a series of Minis, why couldn't they have just announced the series last week?

Nintendo...

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I... I think I'm out. See you guys in December, after my fall semester of uni ends.

Confused and disappointed in Nintendo, but given the circumstances of the pandemic it's understandable. I'm not going to continue to participate in the site while we're in this state, it's only making my perspective on things worse.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo's communication this year has been confounding - I really wonder what is going on? Has working from home really disrupted them this much, or is there something else going on...

Dec 11, 2017
I guess this a reality check that I should tackle my backlog.

God damn though — how are they getting away with this with no confirmed games in the first party pipeline?

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly what's embarrassing is bunch of you guys filling multiple pages with useless trash to the point where newcomers have to ask what the most recent news was.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Total speculation; due to COVID/E3 cancellation, are we possibly looking at a 3rd party/previously announced 1st party tomorrow, and potentially another mini in a week or so, covering back half of 2020? I know that's extremely optimistic, but maybe with dev schedules/production issues, they want to make sure what they and their partners talk about are absolutely locked in for release.

Edit: ten minutes? Maybe Doom Eternal, Hollow Knight Silksong?

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A few updates

😔

on a small number

😔😔

of previously announced

😔😔😔

third-party games

😔😔😔😔

Duration: 10 minutes

ovBhrt.gif

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
Don't worry, Nintendo doesn't need games, they will still sell a ton of consoles.
Or that's what some said.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Well damn that really is a whole-ass nothingburger huh. At the very least hopefully we'll get silksong news, but man. Guess all those insiders got fed some garbage huh.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Well, it's going to be much harder to argue that there is no meaningful difference between Minis and normal Directs now.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
If this means they start having these relatively frequently (eg once a month) I'm fine with this being the announcement.

Doubt that will be the case, and still underwhelmed like everyone else, but gotta wait and see.

So wild that 5AM BST was true lol

Status
Not open for further replies.