• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you think the next General Direct will be?

• I still have a fool's hope: August

Votes: 434 31.2%
  • I'm realistic and boring: September

Votes: 491 35.2%
  • I don't like to commit to things: Anytime in 2020

Votes: 157 11.3%
  • I've been hurt too many times: 2021 Onwards

Votes: 311 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Another thing about the NX reveal announcement is that it still was at a good time, it was at night in the US yeah, but people were still awake. Not midnight. Everyone asleep in Europe and Japan would've had time to wake up to the announcement before it was released too.

IIRC it was like 8:30 PM EST

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Has there ever been this much smoke without some sort of fire regarding Directs? At this point, it seems certain we're getting some iteration of a Direct on Monday—the only question remaining is the content and magnitude.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Another thing about the NX reveal announcement is that it still was at a good time, it was at night in the US yeah, but people were still awake. Not midnight. Everyone asleep in Europe and Japan would've had time to wake up to the announcement before it was released too.

I mean, at the end of the day, we are going to know soon.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
not that the direct is pretty much confirmed, I'm afraid it won't be as good we expect.
from what I could understand from Nate's podcast, the only major thing might be Mario collection.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Wait? Did something happened? I went to sleep a couple of weeks ago, just woke up. Did someone say something in the last 286 hours? Someone reliable? Did Reggie himself confirmed it? Did the Pope hint at BotW2?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
not that the direct is pretty much confirmed, I'm afraid it won't be as good we expect.
from what I could understand from Nate's podcast, the only major thing might be Mario collection.
Mario collection is almost as good as new game for me. They've never been remastered except 64, it's gonna be kinda surreal to see Sunshine and Galaxy in HD and on a portable. And in terms of the games themselves, any changes they make are bound to be interesting points of convo because I know the originals so well.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017

I thought it was at least a few hours later? I remember having to stay up.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been this much smoke without some sort of fire regarding Directs? At this point, it seems certain we're getting some iteration of a Direct on Monday—the only question remaining is the content and magnitude.
Not in a very long time, I don't even remember this many people hinting/acting confident in the march mini. Nate may have said some things I don't remember, but Jeff Grubb mainly carried us to that one.

Even captain came back for this one.

Mar 17, 2019

Is one of the leaked/rumors switch games, obviously he is not going to talk about not rumored/leaked games, i hope there is more things that we havent seen or rumored yet

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I'm still up but I'd really rather not be

sorry Direct gang but I might sit this one out, by which I mean go to bed

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
You wouldn't have had to stay up because it didn't leak before, it was a random night and we were all like HUH

Those were the days of perpetual "tomorrow". Every day people were staying up hoping to hear something. I think we even had a rumor that it was gonna be revealed in October so we were constantly looking for an announcement in that month.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying this but want to put my final say: I don't think we see BOTW2. Not an E3 replacement just basically Nintendo having to finally talk about at least the immediate games like Pikmin 3 and Mario. 3rd party wise I have no idea. I don't expect much excitement but would love to be proven wrong.

You wouldn't have had to stay up because it didn't leak before, it was a random night and we were all like HUH
Oh I'm confusing it with the Japanese event.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
source.gif

God this is an amazing response lmao

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
we're past whether the direct is tomorrow.

now, it's if it's really a general and not a mini. And this weird announcement thing from kelios (which would kind of make it a general)

...cause a general increases the likelihood of botw2 and smash imo.
This is what matters now

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My boss just texted me asking why I am showing online.

I feel like I should explain that Nintendo will take away all of my productivity tomorrow so I'm working on Monday stuff right now, but she will probably judge me.

Jun 5, 2018
Tomorrow I found out if BoTW2 will be shown with a release date or if I'm going to have a cross dressing link as my avatar until it releases, the fateful day approaches.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly at this point I'm stayin up to midnight because I'm looking forward to the meltdowns more than a direct announcement. I do hope we get one but man it'll be sweet either way.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, at least midnight isn't THAT late. On the other hand here I am in atlantic time having to wait till 1AM.

Cheesehead302

Jun 7, 2019

I believe it was late. I still remember exactly where I was; was playing Overwatch with my best friend and in the chat he just said NX reveal holy shit and I was like yeah right dumb ass (because we were so desperate for anything then and would just try to bamboozle each other). Then I noticed he was literally standing still in the middle of the match, then I realized he wasn't bullshiting. We both proceeded to just start freaking out and completely ignoring the game, apologizing to our team and everything. But some how, we still won that match and I have no idea how. Ah, good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.