• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the next General Direct will be?

• I still have a fool's hope: August

Votes: 434 31.2%
  • I'm realistic and boring: September

Votes: 491 35.2%
  • I don't like to commit to things: Anytime in 2020

Votes: 157 11.3%
  • I've been hurt too many times: 2021 Onwards

Votes: 311 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
Interesting that it's new branding with the "Partner Presents". That does make me think this is primarily third-party - if anything Nintendo-published features, it'll be Bravely Default 2.

And like I've said - it's the first in a series. More are coming.
So angry, I can barely write. Only good thing I can expect is a BDII demo with saves progress for the full game.

I'm going to bed. F*** Nintendo.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Really doubtful something like SMTV even shows up in this. This kind of seems like an emergency Direct for 3rd party games coming out soon. Would SMTV really emerge again outside a general or even its own Atlus event? Really doubtful on that.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh, I have notes jotted down on a pad already. It's not going to be a pretty discussion, but we may have a guest join us! So that'll be fun.

I knew of date and expected time. None of the content. But this type of show is blowing my mind in ways I never imagined.
Yeah we feel you Nate.

This is just...WHY...HOW...baffling missreading of what is needed right now.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
LMFAO

The mass confusion going on...

Real talks, would it have been better if this was shadowdropped after all?

Alak96

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BDII delayed to 2021.
NMH3 delayed to 2021.
Rogue Company.
Doom Eternal delayed to 2021.
No announcement of any following first party Direct, which means at least another two months of radio silence.
Please understand.

End of the Direct.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
man, if the controversy outlives the initial shock I'll feel a little bad for anyone whose work is attached to this

people are just gonna whine and complain about it

poor bakugan, it fell to Nintendo's inconsistent marketing
This is my issue with the way things are going down, beyond me caring about what Nintendo is putting out.

They throw these games into the (undeserved) fire when they do this. If Nintendo had an announced line up, yeah, throw a little third party Direct and it's cool. The only thing they're doing is setting these games up to immediately get shit on by crazy people.

It SHOULDN'T be this way, but it is, and I'm not a fan of it. I don't give a fuck about Bakugan, but I felt so god damn bad for the reception of that announcement.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Nintendo, shadowdrop Silkson and I'll be happy :D

(Joking, never gonna happen. We'll be fine.)

KeliosFR

May 27, 2018
Kalos
You said the content of this Direct was going to be exciting IIRC, going by your recent posts you still stand by it and you're sure it's going to be showed today and not in another occasion since (as MisterSpo mentioned) this is the first in the series of Direct Mini and thus there may be material for several Directs that you were already informed about. Correct me if I'm wrong :P
I know some games they were "supposed to show", but plans seem have changed with that tweet. I think this "mini direct" is for not penalizing their "partners". They could go for a September general direct, obviously they don't want to change it ^^.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
This will be the third party games that were supposed to be showcased at the E3 Direct. Next should be the first party games.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Anyway, I guess this thread is moving crazy fast but I just want to post some calm advice and ask people to keep their perspective.

This is absolutely not in line with ours or anyone else's expectations, so Nintendo have once again blindsided people.

This does not mean they are never doing full Directs again.

This does not mean they have zero games in development or fuck all to share.

This does not give anyone the right to wail at or harass or repeatedly tag Nate and Kelios who shared what they knew to the best of their knowledge and who keep politely engaging with this community.

And, like I've said a couple of times already: today's event is just the first and a series of these Minis are planned. More news is coming and probably fairly soon.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I know this isn't what people wanted but this is really only affecting the hardcore fans like us. Saying Nintendo is a punchline and losing respect from all audiences is strange. yeah, this forum isn't please but I bet 90% of people who buy Nintendo games don't really care all that much. We care much more then anyone else so it's effecting our excitement.

like this is just video games. The anger is too much honestly.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I know some games they were "supposed to show", but plans seem have changed with that tweet. I think this "mini direct" is for not penalizing their "partners". They could go for a September general direct, obviously they don't want to change it ^^.
Thanks, Kelios. I'll expect September then but secretly hope for August

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
...I think I'm gonna call it a night. Wake me when we get a legit direct.
D6PfW.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
I know this isn't what people wanted but this is really only affecting the hardcore fans like us. Saying Nintendo is a punchline and losing respect from all audiences is strange. yeah, this forum isn't please but I bet 90% of people who buy Nintendo games don't really care all that much. We care much more then anyone else so it's effecting our excitement.

As of now, it's not affecting Nintendo at all, but obviously if Nintendo has a terrible lineup for this winter, it will affect them negatively?

The idea that Nintendo will be completely unaffected if they have no releases in the last five months of the year is a bizarre take.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Ugh what a disappointment. They have to know their fans are chomping at the bit for first party news and that this wouldn't be received well... they need to say something about what they're working on soon...

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
I just want to express genuine appreciation/sympathy for the insiders. You guys were spot on, but Nintendo baffles us all in the end.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think there will be no major first party releases between now and November.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
User Banned (2 weeks): platform warring
Thank fucking God for the Xbox event on Thursday. I'll enjoy seeing them absolutely blow this shit out of the water.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019

I'm almost more amused than disappointed at this point. It's just unreal that Microsoft and Sony can put together 1 hr+ shows and Nintendo can only show a 10 minute Direct with (presumably) nothing even coming close to resembling a heavy hitter. I get that they were impacted by COVID, but their investors meeting comments and their actions just aren't lining up. It's baffling

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
The most exciting thing is to be here for the birth of a new type of directs.
I don't care about the games, only the direct matters.
That's Anthropodirectology.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Anyway, I guess this thread is moving crazy fast but I just want to post some calm advice and ask people to keep their perspective.

This is absolutely not in line with ours or anyone else's expectations, so Nintendo have once again blindsided people.

This does not mean they are never doing full Directs again.

This does not mean they have zero games in development or fuck all to share.

This does not give anyone the right to wail at or harass or repeatedly tag Nate and Kelios who shared what they knew to their best of their knowledge and who keep politely engaging with this community.

And, like I've said a couple of times already: today's event is just the first and a series of these Minis are planned. More news is coming and probably fairly soon.

Amen.
I do understand that this year Nintendo's communications have been pretty depressing on top of a harsh time in real life... I'm just hanging on and dreaming of a time when things are going to be back to normal lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.