• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
The Ubisoft event is tomorrow, but Ubisoft said "we'll share more about Gods and Monsters this summer", Kotaku reported this as "Ubisoft will share more at their event" and Ubisoft responded with

"Correction — 06/12/20, 1:15 p.m. ET: Ubisoft has clarified that "end of summer" does not mean the Ubisoft Forward event in July. Kotaku apologizes for the error. "

kotaku.com

Gods & Monsters Accidentally Goes Live On Stadia For 30 Minutes

Stadia users were surprised to see a mysterious game named Orpheus in the cloud gaming platform’s store this morning. Once downloaded, they found it to be a development build of Ubisoft’s upcoming adventure game Gods & Monsters, with temporary character models and assets seemingly taken straight...
Got it. Thanks!

Jun 5, 2018
I'm not a big fan of sci-fi in general, but I love high-fantasy. The mixture of the two is too much of a clash for my taste in most instances. There are examples where it worked, but in most cases I wished that they just kept it purely fantasy.
i see, as someone who's started writing recently I plan on incorporating all genres in my writing at some point, while I can see how they could clash I hold out hope that they can coexist together.

Jan 11, 2018
My hopes and dreams for the rumored direct:

-Debut gameplay trailer for No More Heroes 3. Shows the open world and a couple bosses.. Ends with Suda on screen apologizing that the game will now release in summer 2021.

-Bayonetta 3 full unveild in a gameplay trailer that has lots of story bits as well. Hints at Jeanne as a playable character. Surprising release date of September 2020!

-Pikmin 4 announced by Miyamoto. Shows off larger areas than ever before with co-op gameplay, coming 2021.

-Hollow Knight Silksong trailer, releasing fall 2020

-Zelda BotW 2 trailer. Dungeons return, and the overworld is completely different. The team decided to upend the teatable and not use the same overworld. Coming Holiday 2021.

-Captain Toad 2 revealed! More of the same basically, but bigger and prettier. Makes nice use of HD rumble for puzzle solving. Coming December 2020.

"We now have a lot of news about Metroid to share with you. First, we all know how much you have been wanting the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch. But I regret to inform you that it is fake. But please have a look at this..."

-Trailer for Metroid Prime Remake. Looks stunning on Switch. Shows classic areas and enemies, and teases Kraid and Mother Brain boss battles that were cut from the original game. By Retro Studios, releasing November 2020.

"Next, we know many of you have been yearning for a continuation of the main Metroid timeline. We are happy to announce this collaboration between Yoshio Sakamoto and Mercury Steam. Please have a look..."

-Trailer for Metroid V (Dread). Its in the style of Pandemonium!/Klonoa with a rotating 3d perspective on a 2d plane. It shows some 3 way battles between Samus, who looks more deformed and alien than ever, X parasites, and Metroids. And in the distance we see a dragon like figure in the distance swooping forward into the action as the screen cuts to black. Coming Summer 2021.

"And lastly, we have just one more thing to show you..."

A scene shows a closeup of a huge steam punk fortress, and as it pans out, we see hundreds of Metroids flying around it. It pans even further back and we see the form of Sylux standing atop the building as if waiting for someone. The camera continues to move back as we see a huge organic alien world sprawling in all directions, until SHE comes into view, silent and determined. Not a word is spoken in the trailer. And the new Prime 4 logo is shown. No release date.

End.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
Why should we believe RGT85 on this topic of all things?

He's just guessing, so we shouldn't.

-Debut gameplay trailer for No More Heroes 3. Shows the open world and a couple bosses.. Ends with Suda on screen apologizing that the game will now release in summer 2021.

-Bayonetta 3 full unveild in a gameplay trailer that has lots of story bits as well. Hints at Jeanne as a playable character. Surprising release date of September 2020!

-Pikmin 4 announced by Miyamoto. Shows off larger areas than ever before with co-op gameplay, coming 2021.

-Zelda BotW 2 trailer. Dungeons return, and the overworld is completely different. The team decided to upend the teatable and not use the same overworld. Coming Holiday 2021.

-Captain Toad 2 revealed! More of the same basically, but bigger and prettier. Makes nice use of HD rumble for puzzle solving. Coming December 2020.

"We now have a lot of news about Metroid to share with you. First, we all know how much you have been wanting the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch. But I regret to inform you that it is fake. But please have a look at this..."

-Trailer for Metroid Prime Remake. Looks stunning on Switch. Shows classic areas and enemies, and teases Kraid and Mother Brain boss battles that were cut from the original game. By Retro Studios, releasing November 2020.

"Next, we know many of you have been yearning for a continuation of the main Metroid timeline. We are happy to announce this collaboration between Yoshio Sakamoto and Mercury Steam. Please have a look..."

-Trailer for Metroid V (Dread). Its in the style of Pandemonium!/Klonoa with a rotating 3d perspective on a 2d plane. It shows some 3 way battles between Samus, who looks more deformed and alien than ever, X parasites, and Metroids. And in the distance we see a dragon like figure in the distance swooping forward into the action as the screen cuts to black. Coming Summer 2021.

A scene shows a closeup of a huge steam punk fortress, and as it pans out, we see hundreds of Metroids flying around it. It pans even further back and we see the form of Sylux standing atop the building as if waiting for someone. The camera continues to move back as we see a huge organic alien world sprawling in all directions, until SHE comes into view, silent and determined. Not a word is spoken in the trailer. And the new Prime 4 logo is shown. No release date.

End.

I LOVE all of that! But imagine also this. Black screen, and you hear this:

A sun rises... Golden Sun 1&2 Remade coming to Nintendo Switch this Winter!

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, the lack of smash leaks has been very appreciated

After Joker - Hero, Banjo and Terry all leaked. Then Byleth and Min Min were completely revealed on Sakurai's terms

Is it:
1) Sakurai was serious and they really have found a way to clamp down on leaks?
2) these are two first party characters, and maybe it was the third parties doing the leaking?
3) the insiders know and are just keeping it a secret?

maybe it's a bit of everything

If it's third parties, and we haven't had leaks yet, I wonder if the rest of the pass is 1P?

Oct 25, 2017
YouTube gaming commentator. Also takes about some retro gaming stuff as well. I like him, but his reasoning behind this rumoured Nintendo not happening doesn't make sense to me.

He isn't somebody who's in the know (as far as I'm aware), but he has appeared in SpawnWave's podcast alongside our Nate so who knows.
Oh that dude in Nates Thumbnails

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019

End.
Minus Captain Toad 2 for me (great game but not a humdinger), any 2 of these could be shown and this Direct would get a fat W from me.

Last edited:

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
mns_8_aaaaa-1-splatoon2-squid-smartphone-case-grey-h2x1_main.jpg

mynintendostore.nintendo.co.uk

Under Maintenance

My Nintendo Store is currently under extended technical maintenance, which we expect to last a few weeks.

Do... do people actually buy/wanna use a case like this?! Lmao.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
2) these are two first party characters, and maybe it was the third parties doing the leaking?

It's this, imo. That's why I think this second pack will only consist of first party characters. First one was a first party characters, there are still lots of those to fill a whole pack. Rillaboom, RingFit hero, Akira Howard, Zael, Elma...

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Same here. Obviously I'm not expecting all of that or even half of that. But two would be really nice haha.
Oh yeah, I wasn't implying you thought all this was gonna be shown haha. Just wanted to illustrate how amazing all those dream predictions were! While we're on this topic, I'm willing to do an avatar bet with anyone who thinks Metroid is gonna be shown in the next Direct. I am a firm believer that the earliest we see anything Metroid is either TGA or fall Direct

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

After Joker - Hero, Banjo and Terry all leaked. Then Byleth and Min Min were completely revealed on Sakurai's terms

Is it:

If it's third parties, and we haven't had leaks yet, I wonder if the rest of the pass is 1P?

Min Min was known by Imran, Zhuge and probably other insiders. I'm guessing they're just keeping quiet.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

Is it:

Min Min was leaked

Remember that Zhuge did a poll on what the ARMS character would be and he said the winner of it would be the character announced on Monday.

Obviously he knew it was Min Min and he knew she'd win this poll so it was a very roundabout and crafty way of leaking her.

NateDrake also knew the ARMS fighter and posted a gif of Min Min before the reveal

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Min Min was leaked

Remember that Zhuge did a poll on what the ARMS character would be and he said the winner of it would be the character announced on Monday.

Obviously he knew it was Min Min and he knew she'd win this poll so it was a very roundabout and crafty way of leaking her.

NateDrake also knew the ARMS fighter and posted a gif of Min Min before the reveal

Don't forget this tweet thread:

The beginning of each Tweet spells out "Min Min" lol.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Fucking Suda 51 was in the Devolver Direct and teased another No More Heroes 3 clip in their credits sequence lmaoooo

Status
Not open for further replies.