• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Seriously. I'm just so excited to think we can get Microsoft and Nintendo presentations in the same week. One to begin and one to end the week. It's like E3 week. It can be the best week of the whole year.
No kidding. When it's Direct Day, I don't know how I'll be able to contain myself knowing it's mere hours before that showing and only 3 days before Xbox. Even if the Direct is only a solid 7.5/10 Direct, every account I've heard is that the Xbox Games Showcase is going to be an absolute banger, so it'll be really hard for me to walk away from the whole week disappointed.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Imagine if they don't announce something on Friday the 17th...
I mean they could totally shadow drop it on Monday but that would be a tense weekend

I won't be doom 'n gloom if the event isn't announced Friday. Now if we go through the whole weekend with no smoke, I'll start to worry it's just a mini. Still, imagine the madness if Nintendo drops a full fledged general Direct out of nowhere

EDIT: my bad for the double post

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Imagine if they don't announce something on Friday the 17th...
I mean they could totally shadow drop it on Monday but that would be a tense weekend
If they announced that Treehouse thing the day before, I would be surprised if they didn't announce a full-fledged Direct. I only think it will be shadow dropped if it's a Mini, but I think with the amount of time between general Directs, it is time for a big one.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Devolver Direct is today tho!
True, true. Devolver's cool.
It's only eight days if you don't count today and the day it airs *thinking emoji*
Hm, well - I like that perspective, lol.
Play some games dudes

I platinumed the Last of Us II
Playing some Deadly Premonition 2
Also some Xenoblade Chronicles Future Connected
I wish I could get into games today, but I'm not really in the mood. Spent the whole day doing practically nothing...
Look, we have made it so many days without a Direct, what are 9 more days?
Those past months didn't really matter, though. We had nothing concrete to wait for. Now the light at the end of the tunnel is soooo close, but still feels so far away.

Jun 5, 2018
Best case scenario for me on the week of the 20th from most to least hype

Botw 2 gets a trailer with an official name and March 2021 release
Microsoft offers a new fable game and halo turns out good
New Zelda port is announced
Something else that I can't quite pin down

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
And Ubisoft Forward tomorrow.
Sadly I'm not really in the mood for Ubisoft stuff right now. I mean, I don't like many of their games anyway, but with the whole sexual harassment shit and other things going down there, I feel even less inclined to get hyped about anything Ubisoft. It's like I had 5% hype for Ubi left and they went and shat all over that with their horrible corporate culture.

Jan 2, 2018
Sadly I'm not really in the mood for Ubisoft stuff right now. I mean, I don't like many of their games anyway, but with the whole sexual harassment shit and other things going down there, I feel even less inclined to get hyped about anything Ubisoft. It's like I had 5% hype for Ubi left and they went and shat all over that with their horrible corporate culture.

Mhh, I get that. I'm not hyped at all for their conference, but at least it will waste some time, I guess?

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Best case scenario for me on the week of the 20th from most to least hype

Botw 2 gets a trailer with an official name and March 2021 release
Microsoft offers a new fable game and halo turns out good
New Zelda port is announced
Something else that I can't quite pin down
I do a lot of digging re: Xbox and I swear I haven't heard a single thing about Halo Infinite that wasn't glowing. I think your top 2 most hype scenarios are both pretty likely (at least the trailer for BotW, if not the release date)

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Has anyone besides Kelios and NateDrake specifically backed up the 20th date for the Direct? I know some people have just said that there's one coming soon.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
At least we have concrete info tbh. Not knowing what and when was really rough.
I weirdly got used to this state of not knowing shit over the last 4-6 weeks... Enjoyed it when we got sudden and unexpected info drops like PM or other announcements (New Game Expo with Ys IX e.g.), as well as stuff shadow dropping (Ys Origin).

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone besides Kelios specifically backed up the 20th date for the Direct? I know some people have just said that there's one coming soon.

Considering Kelios was the first to date the March 26th mini I'd imagine they have access to a bit more information than some others.

Also Nate hinted heavily at the 20th a few minutes before Kelios did the same.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I expect a Mini Direct with just the August game from Nintendo at most. The rest mid-to-low tier 3rd party stuff coming out this year.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I really only want to hear about MH Next asap in terms of third parties. Atlus keeps on being slow anyways and there really isn't much else I'm actively hoping for. (Surprise me!)
First party tho...

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Yeah, although honestly the only Ubi game I was even excited about is Gods and Monsters which apparently won't even be there, so... not much reason to tune in now, with that along with all of the awful working conditions and such coming out now.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I am definetly leaning more to a normal direct then a mini direct but i am satisifed as long as i get Smash News...that and maybe Xenoblade News

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, although honestly the only Ubi game I was even excited about is Gods and Monsters which apparently won't even be there, so...
Same. And even then I fear it'll end up with in-game XP packs and shit like that. I don't put too much trust in Ubisoft nowadays. They already killed Assassin's Creed for me...

Jan 2, 2018
Same. And even then I fear it'll end up with in-game XP packs and shit like that. I don't put too much trust in Ubisoft nowadays. They already killed Assassin's Creed for me...

I used the free 7 day trial of Uplay+ and downloaded a few games, and have to say, that most of their games feel so sterile to me.

I love Anno, but that's about it.

Edit: And I'll never forgive them for killing HOMM. :(

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
BOTW was first teased during the 2013 January Direct, first footage was shown at E3 2014 and first gameplay later that year at TGA. If I'm not wrong, in 2015 there was only a small clip during the November Direct, it was the big game of E3 2016 and it had another trailer at the Switch presentation. Ever since its announcement in 2013 Nintendo acknowledged the game every single year. Despite COVID19, I refuse to believe we won't see any of BOTW2 this year. Fall Direct feels a bit late if the game was releasing in Spring 2021.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BOTW was first teased during the 2013 January Direct, first footage was shown at E3 2014 and first gameplay later that year at TGA. If I'm not wrong, in 2015 there was only a small clip during the November Direct, it was the big game of E3 2016 and it had another trailer at the Switch presentation. Ever since its announcement in 2013 Nintendo acknowledged the game every single year. Despite COVID19, I refuse to believe we won't see any of BOTW2 this year. Fall Direct feels a bit late if the game was releasing in Spring 2021.
We'll definitely see it this year. Sometime between now to the Game Awards. Even if there's not a physical Game Awards, Geoff will just do it online.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I have it in me to watch the Devolver Direct

they release some cool games but the presentations are exhausting

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
So I was just in Walmart and they had Paper Mario on the shelf, so I shot my shot and they fucking sold it to me. Lmao.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
*walks out of a cave*

We are already on OT 10 with 19 pages in a day?

What the heck happened?! Did I miss something?

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

Imma wish SMT 5 into existence y'all. It's gonna be in that Direct. It would be the best way to promote the game in the West.

It's gonna happen.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Remove Ace Attorney 7 from your bingo cards :((((((((

I've figured Ace Attorney doesn't have a place in modern Capcom for a while now but it's sad to see it come to fruition
www.resetera.com

Takeshi Yamazaki (director of Ace Attorney Investigations 1/2, Dual Destinies, SoJ) leaves Capcom

This isn't too much of a surprise - IIRC he pretty much had to be talked into doing AA6 in the first place, and moved within Capcom while that was being developed. Lately on his Twitter he's been posting about tabletop and board games a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's planning to work...

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Guys, do any of you know if it's true that Gods and Monsters won't show up in today's Ubisoft event?

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Takeshi Yamazaki (director of Ace Attorney Investigations 1/2, Dual Destinies, SoJ) leaves Capcom

This isn't too much of a surprise - IIRC he pretty much had to be talked into doing AA6 in the first place, and moved within Capcom while that was being developed. Lately on his Twitter he's been posting about tabletop and board games a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's planning to work...

I mean since all Capcom has been doing is making AAA games it isn't a big surprise. We ain't really gonna be seeing AA games from them. Could be a reason why they have been having quite a few talent leaving them.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
My birthday is the 18th. The direct is on the 20th and will feature all of my Metroid dreams.

Coincidence!?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

I mean since all Capcom has been doing is making AAA games it isn't a big surprise. We ain't really gonna be seeing AA games from them. Could be a reason why they have been having quite a few talent leaving them.

Yup, Capcom's plans are abundantly clear. All they are interested in is a handful of AAA IPs.

That's why I laugh when people say Konami should give their IPs to Capcom.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
They probably realized you're Starphanluke from ResetEra, a poster in the Nintendo Direct Speculation threads. Everyone knows it's good publicity to make us NDS folks happy.

I mean, I DID flash my official ResetEra Nintendo Direct Speculation membership card, though strangely it made everyone scream and run away :-/

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
it's happening.

no for real, it's most likely happening this month.
We await the 20th of July eagerly.
Don't do this to me...

giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, do any of you know if it's true that Gods and Monsters won't show up in today's Ubisoft event?

The Ubisoft event is tomorrow, but Ubisoft said "we'll share more about Gods and Monsters this summer", Kotaku reported this as "Ubisoft will share more at their event" and Ubisoft responded with

"Correction — 06/12/20, 1:15 p.m. ET: Ubisoft has clarified that "end of summer" does not mean the Ubisoft Forward event in July. Kotaku apologizes for the error. "

kotaku.com

Gods & Monsters Accidentally Goes Live On Stadia For 30 Minutes

Stadia users were surprised to see a mysterious game named Orpheus in the cloud gaming platform’s store this morning. Once downloaded, they found it to be a development build of Ubisoft’s upcoming adventure game Gods & Monsters, with temporary character models and assets seemingly taken straight...

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Heh.

I mean, I DID flash my official ResetEra Nintendo Direct Speculation membership card, though strangely it made everyone scream and run away :-/

What else did you flash

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they sold Paper Mario early cause it was suppose to release sooner and they never update it.

or that wal -mart don't care lol

Status
Not open for further replies.