• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo themselves tried to temper expectations, anyone who went in expecting a life changing experience or even a game they wanted brought their own doom with them.

Honestly hype can be a dangerous thing in gaming. It really can't be satisfied since people always want more.

Tempering expectations is the best move one can do.

Jun 5, 2018
Honestly hype can be a dangerous thing in gaming. It really can't be satisfied since people always want more.

Tempering expectations is the best move one can do.
To a degree sure the most important thing is to be the human in the loop and of things don't go as you'd hoped not go all out hulk mode. After all you can't get your way all the time, can't go loosing your mind because your expectations weren't met.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I'm expecting the Mario collection, Pikmin deluxe, some third party games, and maybe one surprise.

Could definitely see Bravely Default 2 being their as well as NMHs.
Yeah, this all seems pretty likely and safe. Beyond this, all it would take to make it a great direct for me is a really good 'one more thing'. A BOTW2 trailer would do it by itself, but just some kind of cool surprise announcement of some sort to end things on.

Personally, I feel like one of the biggest reasons so many people were down on the March mini is that it ended with the worst 'one more thing' that I think we've ever had. If it had just been, say, the Paper Mario reveal instead of Pokemon DLC it would have been so much better.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
Yeah, this all seems pretty likely and safe. Beyond this, all it would take to make it a great direct for me is a really good 'one more thing'. A BOTW2 trailer would do it by itself, but just some kind of cool surprise announcement of some sort to end things on.

Personally, I feel like one of the biggest reasons so many people were down on the March mini is that it ended with the worst 'one more thing' that I think we've ever had. If it had just been, say, the Paper Mario reveal instead of Pokemon DLC it would have been so much better.
Yeaaah, the March Mini ending felt really rough. I remember clicking off of it when I saw it was just Pokemon DLC that we'd already heard about.

Jun 5, 2018

At the very least botw 2 was announced its not like we're waiting to see what the Zelda team has planned for after botw like after skyward sword.

The fact it has an official trailer with story cutscenes (probably from the games intro)means it's at least 60% possible in my opinion.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
I'm hoping we just get the delayed version of the E3 direct

It's only been a month, and if everything is "on schedule" like they say then can drop whatever info they planned on before easily

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
So, considering all Directs are bad and Nintendo is beyond salvation - therefore forever doomed - how badly do you think this Direct will be?

E3 2017 bad, E3 2018 bad or E3 2019 bad?

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suppose the big question(for me) is if Nintendo will have another direct before the year is done. Will they do their normal September direct, or will this one encroach too close to sept being less than a month and half away. If so, will they also divulge some 2021 games?

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Which is ironic considering the power Mario has in that game.
845E1ADDC33D87F1EB9CC171C25E577F989BA725

Cheesehead302

Jun 7, 2019
Well, I for one am pretty excited about the prospect of a Direct happening soon. I've kind of put Nintendo Directs out of my mind for the past like 4 or 5 months but now that one could be close the classic Direct hype is drawing me in. Literally, all they have to show me is the 3d Mario Collection and I'm good lol. Even if they're old games I've already played a ton. And even if it does sound like they aren't Crash Trilogy style remakes. Okay maybe I am a little sad that Mario 64 has a chance to be remade in HD but it's just going to be up resed, lol. But I'm still buying it.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I am to please, I'm curious btw what's the story with the avatar bet?
It was for what would be shown at the game awards. Many avatars were lost that day, not to be seen until the first direct of the year. Most ended their penance at the conclusion of the pokemon direct, I on the other hand chose to put my faith in a higher power (beam). I decided to extend my punishment until any Metroid is in a direct (or announced at all). I wear Geoff's smug, villainous face, hoping one day to be freed from my Geoffly bonds.

Jun 5, 2018
Tha
It was for what would be shown at the game awards. Many avatars were lost that day, not to be seen until the first direct of the year. Most ended their penance at the conclusion of the pokemon direct, I on the other hand chose to put my faith in a higher power (beam). I decided to extend my punishment until any Metroid is in a direct (or announced at all). I wear Geoff's smug, villainous face, hoping one day to be freed from my Geoffly bonds.
In terms of internet bets that's up there, let's hope they don't cancel the series with another update or your avatar might outlast the internet itself.

Realistically though probably 2021/2

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
I suppose the big question(for me) is if Nintendo will have another direct before the year is done. Will they do their normal September direct, or will this one encroach too close to sept being less than a month and half away. If so, will they also divulge some 2021 games?

Probably depends on how COVID goes in Asia this fall. If they continue to handle it well there then development and production should be fairly normal, so they might be comfortable showing more of their hand for 2021. If they shut down again I could see them holding off.

zer0_X

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
Just the fact that they didn't keep Bakugan for a direct makes me think they're very confident they have content and are starting to trim the fat.
The presentation of wb's game in today's treehouse was very well paid and has nothing to do with Nintendo being confident in their direct

Oct 25, 2017
And seriously y'all. Have some faith.
Ok, cool.

My predictions for the 100% confirmed July 20th 2020 Nintendo Major Direct

Pikmin 3 & 4
Bayonetta 3
Mario Galaxy All Stars(both games remade from scratch with included new galaxies)
Star Fox Grand Prix by Monster Games
Mario Strikers Superdupercharged
Nintendogs + Cats + Squirrels
Nintendoland Online
Mario Kart 9 &10

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
The only issue I have with these rumors is the timing- Jeff Grubb reported in late May that Nintendo was telling third parties to not wait for a Direct to announce their new games. He also said a Direct wasn't even planned for the summer. Assuming this is true, don't regular Directs take multiple months to plan? Maybe it's a first party only Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.