• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2018
I see this thread is as chaotic as ever, 10 days until the dream of botw2 news is either dashed or rewarded.

For me it's not just hype for the game but confirmation as to whether it has certain features (playable Zelda) that's important.
For 13 months now I've hoped we'd get confirmation so I may as well of built my house on a cliff for all the risk I've taken with this investment.

If Zelda isn't playable I'm sure the game will be fine (who needs hype anyway) but If she is and it gets confirmed i can wait another 13+ months for the release without having to watch another trailer.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
6Gd3LIH.png
C-C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
I was looking through the old threads for locks once Directs were announced, since some users had been saying this thread would be locked once a Direct is announced. Well, I thought I would share.

OT1 was locked from 12 Feb. to 18 Feb. 2019 (Direct on 13 Feb).
OT2 was not locked as far as I can tell, even though it encompassed two Directs.
  • had only two posts total between 31 May and 15 June 2019 - the thread just died naturally for those two weeks, without a lock (E3 Direct was June 11)​
  • was intermittent in June and July, sometimes going days without posts​
  • suddenly picked up in late August​
  • died out during the Direct thread around 4 Sep. (but was not locked)​
  • was fairly regular afterward until OT3​
OT7 had no lock for 26 March, but that was a Mini.

So, will this thread be locked if the 20 July Direct is announced on, say, the 17th? Historically... maybe not? Find out next week on ResetEra!

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Hey, I'm a bit late, but AHHHHHH new thread smell!

Question, and I know it's kind of silly to speculate on another Direct before we've even had one yet, BUT:

Will the Direct on the 20th be the only one for the year, and be pretty jam-packed and cover Q1 and such as well for next year? Or will Nintendo keep this one mostly just on 2020 games and then have another Direct in, say, October, more or less just pushing back their usual Direct schedule by 6 weeks? (since they normally do a Direct in June and September)

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

Question, and I know it's kind of silly to speculate on another Direct before we've even had one yet, BUT:

Will the Direct on the 20th be the only one for the year, and be pretty jam-packed and cover Q1 and such as well for next year? Or will Nintendo keep this one mostly just on 2020 games and then have another Direct in, say, October, more or less just pushing back their usual Direct schedule by 6 weeks? (since they normally do a Direct in June and September)
Neither. This one will be focused on 2020, then no Directs until early next year. Q1 games will be announced at separate times. The only exception to this rule will be if Nintendo has a major game planned for H1 2021, AKA Breath of the Wild 2.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019

I'm thinking this will cover all of 2020 with a Mini in November/December covering any announced but unreleased games, as well as games up to March (probably just Wii U ports imo) with a full Direct coming in February to highlight through August, maybe? Then E3, etc. etc. etc.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Neither. This one will be focused on 2020, then no Directs until early next year. Q1 games will be announced at separate times. The only exception to this rule will be if Nintendo has a major game planned for H1 2021, AKA Breath of the Wild 2.
Yeah, this tracks, so I guess the big question is is there a big game in Q1 or not. It not, or if it's something like Yoshi/Kirby, they could probably wait or announce it separately, or announce JUST that game for 2021.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Even if there isn't a direct they'll announce a game before PMTOK drops(and if they don't then I totally expect a direct)

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Do you guys think BoTW 2 is a spring 2021 title? I'm thinking it has to be holiday 2021 at the latest.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
If July 20 is a full Direct, then I think that is it for general Directs for the year, but if it is anything other than that, then I could see a September Direct potentially happening.

With PS5 and XSX releasing, I expect Nintendo to market the hell out of their Fall releases, and Treehouse was probably the first taste of how they'll format it.

Sep 29, 2019
Sorry if this is late news, but apparently there were 4 new skus found for Switch in the GameStop database. Not that this means much to be honest, but seeing the crazy rumors going on, who knows!?

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Do you guys think BoTW 2 is a spring 2021 title? I'm thinking it has to be holiday 2021 at the latest.

I'm thinking either March or May 2020. Holiday 2021 seems too late, especially if it bumps up against the rumored Pokemon remakes and potentially Super Mario Odyssey 2 (early 2021 seems too early for it given the Mario Collection, but that depends on if SMO2 is happening at all).

Last edited:

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I dipped out to complete some important project stuff this week, but I clearly missed a shit load. DIRECT HYYYYYPE

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Even if there isn't a direct they'll announce a game before PMTOK drops(and if they don't then I totally expect a direct)

I remember one of those people with more knowledge saying that All Star 2 would absolutely be announced after PM:TOK releases

edit: dammit double post =P
I expected this thread to be faster by now xD

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I've been lurking this thread tentatively since January and I have so much hope for July 20th, seeing all the excitement in here uwu
My Nintendo thirst is real!!

I pray for:
- Mario Collection (Galaxy pls!!!)
- any sort of Metroid news (even another jpg is acceptable lol)
- BOTW2 trailer!!
- some sort of new/interesting IP from Nintendo?
- Bayo 3!!
- SMT5!!!

This list is definitely unlikely lol...hoping for at least 1 or 2 maybe? >u<

Status
Not open for further replies.