• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't buy this 25th of April stuff for Smash because I don't believe for a second Atlus would dictate Smash release timing nor would Nintendo let them handle the marketing of it. It just doesn"t make sense to me other than "well it kind of fits".

I didn't say that Nintendo would let them handle the marketing, but just that the release dates happened to fit. The 25th is a thursday, it's right "before the end of april" (which is the official release date) and would probably be amplified by the general Persona 5 hype of that day.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
For the first time ever I don't really care about a Direct. I mean, I feel like there are twenty games a month to play and I literally have to choose about living a life and work or playing my Switch.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
For the first time ever I don't really care about a Direct. I mean, I feel like there are twenty games a month to play and I literally have to choose about living a life and work or playing my Switch.

well obviously what you're gonna wanna do is quit work and life to play Nintendo Switch. let's take a look at some of the great Nindies coming to Nintendo Switch this month *snap*

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
I'm betting that we actually get a direct Thursday, announcement tomorrow. But I know nothing, so I'm probably wrong.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't buy this 25th of April stuff for Smash because I don't believe for a second Atlus would dictate Smash release timing. It just doesn't make sense to me other than "well it kind of fits".
The only way I can see Atlus calling the shots with timing Joker's release is if there's also a Persona 5 announcement on Switch for a bigger impact. If all Switch gets is Joker, I don't see why Smash's DLC cycle had to be dictated by Atlus.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't say that Nintendo would let them handle the marketing, but just that the release dates happened to fit. The 25th is a thursday, it's right "before the end of april" (which is the official release date) and would probably be amplified by the general Persona 5 hype of that day.
I just don't see Nintendo tweeting something like "tune in for the Persona concert exclusive to NicoNico where they'll announce a bunch of PS4 games". And if they ignore it altogether and don't say a word about it, then what's the point of waiting for this arbitrary event?

koalanose

Feb 9, 2019
The only reason I'd be disappointed if there was no direct this month is Bc I rly want some AC news. But even if we get a direct there's no gaurentee they'll show AC, as we've seen time and time again lol.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Mario Maker is best advertised through people. It's a game about customisation and user generated content, I think the best way to blow it out is to give it to influencers a month or so early and let them run rampent. Of course a Direct would be good too but it's not the only way of bringing exposure to the game.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just don't see Nintendo tweeting something like "tune in for the Persona concert exclusive to NicoNico where they'll announce a bunch of PS4 games". And if they ignore it altogether and don't say a word about it, then what's the point of waiting for this arbitrary event?
Just the thought of Nintendo hyping Joker in Smash at TGA and for there to be multiple new P5 games that all end up Sony exclusive makes me upset. The sad thing is this is a very real possibility.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

NCL calls the shot here. Joker will be announced to launch on the 25th a week or so before, and as it so happens, it'll be the day Persona 5 S will be revealed. It's not about Nintendo telling people to go watch the stream, but just related events happening by chance the same day.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why anyone thinks Nintendo will have their biggest remaining announcements at E3. For years now, they haven't announced anything big at E3. If there is anything significant left on the calendar this year that's yet to be revealed, it's coming in a Direct. It's pretty clear that Nintendo won't force their biggest titles to share a spotlight at E3.

If nintendo would just give more frequent updates about what they are working on this baseless speculation wouldnt be necessary

Neither of the competitors give updates as frequently as Nintendo.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo doing their Smash tournament and Splatoon tournament on a Saturday instead of during E3 has me hopeful for a Mario Maker 2 tournament at E3.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Mario Maker is best advertised through people. It's a game about customisation and user generated content, I think the best way to blow it out is to give it to influencers a month or so early and let them run rampent. Of course a Direct would be good too but it's not the only way of bringing exposure to the game.
Nintendo isn't the company that likes third parties to announce stuff for them. If Mario Maker 2 has new features they aren't going to let influencers show them first

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Honestly I don't consider reliable any of the sources who claimed the existence of this Direct, maybe it is for this reason that I am not hyped. Anyway we'll get something in April or course, with higher chance a Mario Maker 2 Direct or in case a shirt general director they feel that it is necessary to advertise other games, even though I think they can do it directly at E3 at this point. My only doubt is about May and how Pikmin 3 port would fit this gap in the lineup of this year.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I just find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be extensive coverage of Smash Ultimate 3.0 considering it introduces a whole new character with new stages, new modes, and other stuff like like probably new spirits and a teaser for the next Fighter Pass character.

Just dumping it all unceremoniously on Twitter doesn't sound like something Sakurai would do.
Smash will probably get its own Direct.
Yeah, an influencer-based marketing strategy worked great for Apex Legends. Nintendo might want to try something like that for SMM2.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
For pure advertisement close to release I agree that influencers are the best bet, but to actually inform people of the new features, modes and key functionalities, they still need some kind of trailer to put their message out there. We know too little about the game for Nintendo to just send preview copies and call it a day.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
Since I didn't have a Wii U I'm not too familiar with the tournament scene for Mario Maker. Is it at that level where tournaments are held for it? User created stuff or people trying to beat times from Nintendo made levels or something? Just trying to wrap my head around why it'd be something featured at a tournament.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
For pure advertisement close to release I agree that influencers are the best bet, but to actually inform people of the new features, modes and key functionalities, they still need some kind of trailer to put their message out there. We know too little about the game for Nintendo to just send preview copies and call it a day.
There's actually a ton of new details in the reveal trailer! Almost an hour and a half worth...

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Persona 5 will be revealed on the 25th. MPT has no reason to not be revealed at E3 considering the hype it would cause. ALTTP was probably just the listing of Cadence of Hyrule.

Joker should be dropped on the 25th with a notice a week before with a patchnotes detailing the additions, and a side trailer for Joker.

Is Nintendo really gonna hold the announcement of a rerelease of a remaster of a series that's never had a game sell more than 3 million for E3?

I'm new to this whole "being really into what Nintendo is doing" thing and I had hoped that we passed the point in Switch's life where an announcement of 10+ year old games seeing their 5th release or whatever would be big news.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This years E3 booth will be designed for Metroid. Everyone will get to play the announced MPT HD for Switch.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
This year's E3 booth will just be Reggie sitting on a table as he says goodbye to everyone like all CEO's do when they leave a company

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know it's one of Nintendo's second-tier franchises so I don't agree with the notion that a port of a port of it would be all that big of a deal.

Nintendo bringing out the big guns at E3 2019: 15 year old FPS games with HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS lmao.

i mean you may agree or not with it, but all past metroid games, no matter their scale, have been announced at E3

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
FocusedUnitedCatbird-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.