• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 50366

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Oh. Well I wasn't expecting Masterchief, but that confirms it. Nintendo and MS would never let them respond.

Banjo Kazooie and Steve from Minecraft would be who Nintendo would ask for. Shit I think them responding shows how close Nintendo and Microsoft are now and SOMETHING from Halo will come to Switch.
I know Banjo would be first, but I 'd fucking love Conker.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Oh. Well I wasn't expecting Masterchief, but that confirms it. Nintendo and MS would never let them respond.

Banjo Kazooie and Steve from Minecraft would be who Nintendo would ask for. Shit I think them responding shows how close Nintendo and Microsoft are now and SOMETHING from Halo will come to Switch.
It only confirms that MS would entertain the idea.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just so excited to see everything Microsoft and Nintendo have cooking, especially after Benji's latest posts.

E3 is only 2 months. It's feeling more like Microsoft might have a Nintendo section or Switch section during their press conference. I won't be surprised if Bowser is there to announce their partnership

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Damn, I wonder how far this Microsoft/Nintendo thing will go? Will we see Master Chief in Smash? Will we get Master Cheif Collection on Switch? What about after this, will we see Gears come to Switch along with other first party Ms offerings?

Very interesting times ahead for Switch owners I feel

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woah I just thought of something. What if Retro's 2nd game that they started around 2016 is a DK game with K.Rool as the bad guy again? I could see them finding out Smash was going to get K.Rool for the iteration.

With knowing that Nintendo told them "ok you guys can now make a DK game with K.Rool because we're bringing him back in Smash".

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just caught up on this, apparently the dude is a known leaker ? But he posted that on April Fools. On the other hand, he seems to only post to talk about his infos.

Super Lucky's Tale is lame btw. Tried it on Game Pass and it's super boring. Ori 2 and Gears Tactics though would be very big additions.
Yeah he's backed up by the moderators and has gotten things right in the past. Another insider there said "I don't think he's joking".

And when you look at that list what's "April Fools" about it? It sounds reasonable. Gears Tactics sounds cool. I remember Microsoft revealing it last year.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Woah I just thought of something. What if Retro's 2nd game that they started around 2016 is a DK game with K.Rool as the bad guy again? I could see them finding out Smash was going to get K.Rool for the iteration.

With knowing that Nintendo told them "ok you guys can now make a DK game with K.Rool because we're bringing him back in Smash".

You thought of this now?

giphy.gif

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
I've been trying to keep up but this thread moves so fast. Is that because we're getting lots of rumours, or is it just the standard Direct Hype that will continue until the heat death of the universe and beyond.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, a lot of genre's are represented in smash but there isn't a western shooter mascot in there, master chief could fill that role if they don't use doom guy, i doubt they would use both, or maybe they wont use either. If Bethesda ever got a smash rep, I think the dovahkin would be a good choice, given how ubiquitous the elder scrolls series is and skyrims success on switch

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A Microsoft insider in the Microsoft topic said Super Luckys Tale, Ori 2 and Gears Tactics are being ported to Switch. He said it on April Fools, but I don't think he was joking. There's nothing "April Fools" about those 3 games. Ori 2 makes sense and Super Luckys Tale has been rumored for a while.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Gears Tactics would (hopefully) be an excellent substitute for XCOM 3 if XCOM 3 skips the Switch.

For me it's a super disappointing title because once it was supposed to be a RTS game, it got cancelled, and revived as a TBS game. I have nothing against TBS games but I wanted that Gears RTS.

Plus we have tons of great TBS games on Switch this year: Wargroove, Fire Emblem, Mutant Year Zero, Digimon Survive. We definitely don't need another one.

Would they need to bring the other 2 games over before XCOM 3 or are the games standalone experiences?

XCOM has too many QOL upgrades over 1 that would render XCOM 1 obsolete. I don't think they'd bring XCOM 1 as it is.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Jon posted this and NateDrake responded. It might be a hint or not. Maybe Nate can clarify.

Every game whose disc Jonneh put in his dock so far has actually received a Switch port except Ori and Wind Waker HD, both of which are plausible ports in the future. Definitely just some reasonable guesses. Interesting choice to use Halo 3 specifically instead of Halo MCC, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.