• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
This is the same article I posted when Astral Chains was announced and I'm pretty sure it's referring to that
I don't think so. This article is pretty recent, and Astral Chain is releasing really soon, and it's a real ambitious game. There's no way that "many people didn't knew about the existence" of Astral Chain.
It sounds like the game they are talking about was still in pre-production or real early in production in 2018 if most people at PlatinumGames didn't knew about it.

Usually when devs speak about an "ambitious" game, it often means "not on switch"
PlatinumGames could release a game that look like a Wii game, but it would play like the best action game ever, and they would call it the most ambitious game they have ever worked on. The Wonderful 101 is a Wii U 2013 title, and it's still to this day one of their most ambitious title imo. They clearly talk about a gameplay revolution.
It could be another game published by Nintendo, or a self-published game, we have no idea.
Astral Chain is a Switch game, it's still look like one of the most ambitious game of 2019 along with Sekiro imo, in term of a pure gameplay's experience.

Oct 27, 2017

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Err, not the same exact article (I should have actually clicked), but the same comment made. Also isn't the article from May 2018?
Yeah but by may 2018 the game was already in full production.
This could be the game they were talking about, I was also thinking about this when Astral Chain was revealed, but I don't know, I feel like this would be a game that most people at PlatinumGames would know about back in 2018 ?
But at this point, they were also working on Bayo 3, Grand Blue, Babylon's Fall, so maybe...
I don't know, maybe you're right. But I think they were talking about a game in pre production or early in dev. I would imagine that devs at PlatinumGames would talk between them about a game that is in full prod and looking as good as Astral Chain.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Agree with you on that. I doubt PG is working on more large scale projects than what we already know about.
I also think we know all the games that are in full prod at PlatinumGames right now, but their contract with CyGames ended some months ago, Astral Chain is releasing august 30, Babylon's Fall is supposed to release in 2019 (at worse it'll release in spring 2020), so they probably have a bunch of games in pre production right now, waiting for staff to be available in order to start full prod.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
If LABO vr is true then it'll be the end of LABO for my family. I ain't putting my kids to watch VR at the age of five and three. They can drive motorbike or car made out of cardboard but VR, yeah hell no.

Considering my older one suffers from travel sickness anyway it'll probably be even advised not to be used by him.

Why go VR with such a hardware instead of just doing some good old fashioned LABO stuff. (Yeah I used that phrase like that)

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
If LABO vr is true then it'll be the end of LABO for my family. I ain't putting my kids to watch VR at the age of five and three. They can drive motorbike or car made out of cardboard but VR, yeah hell no.

Considering my older one suffers from travel sickness anyway it'll probably be even advised not to be used by him.

Why go VR with such a hardware instead of just doing some good old fashioned LABO stuff. (Yeah I used that phrase like that)
I'm with you, I think Labo VR is a bad idea. In addition to it not being kid friendly, the weight of the Switch console will make it unwieldy.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017

I think they're looking to expand Labo's audience beyond kids. Makes sense but I hope they don't abandon that part of the market either, they need to keep pushing for Labo in my opinion, I wouldn't rule out even more kits for children and families.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
After skimming through last 200+ posts, I have come to following conclusion: Scalebound rebooted into a Labo game with VR cardboard and paper dragons would result in best flame war this decade.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somehow I missed the other topic. That guy and other insiders saying Gamepass isn't coming to Switch? Oh man

Does this mean Nate is wrong again? And Liam just said he heard the same that Gamepass was coming to Switch.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I missed the other topic. That guy and other insiders saying Gamepass isn't coming to Switch? Oh man

Does this mean Nate is wrong again? And Liam just said he heard the same that Gamepass was coming to Switch.

It wasn't just Nate, a whole bunch of outlets corroborated what he said. We'll see what happens but it's strange to see so many people dismiss the rumor after one guy says it's not happening. It's not like anything is confirmed yet.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

He's not wrong. xCloud streaming isn't coming to Switch, no one actually said it would, people theorized so. Leakers, especially Jeuxvideo said there has been an agreement between Nintendo and Microsoft and MS would bring big franchises to Switch, like Halo, Gears or Forza. Since Switch can't run modern titles, they theorized that they're bringing them via streaming. No one actually thought those games could be older stuff, which I think they are if this "agreement" thing is true.

Nate is still backing the rumor of Ori is coming to Switch. So is Emily. There has to be more than just Ori.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Yep.
Jason called NateDrake out (and other ResetEra insiders without saying names) for having bad sources tho.
Emily also said she has heard nothing about Gamepass coming to Switch, just like Jason. ZhugeEx also ironically said "I'm shocked" on the thread.

In the near term is indeed a key word, but it's also important to note that Brad Sams, Jason Schreier and Emily stated that they have heard nothing about it being a reality.
Meanwhile, NateDrake, while stating it won't happen anytime soon, implied it's in the work.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
He's not wrong. xCloud streaming isn't coming to Switch, no one actually said it would, people theorized so. Leakers, especially Jeuxvideo said there has been an agreement between Nintendo and Microsoft and MS would bring big franchises to Switch, like Halo, Gears or Forza. Since Switch can't run modern titles, they theorized that they're bringing them via streaming. No one actually thought those games could be older stuff, which I think they are if this "agreement" thing is true.

Nate is still backing the rumor of Ori is coming to Switch. So is Emily. There has to be more than just Ori.
Yeah. It would be weird if Microsoft brought just Ori to Switch to make an extra buck. If Ori is coming to Switch, there's got to be something more to Microsoft's plans for Switch.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Yep.
Jason called NateDrake out (and other ResetEra insiders without saying names) for having bad sources tho.
Emily also said she has heard nothing about Gamepass coming to Switch, just like Jason. ZhugeEx also ironically said "I'm shocked" on the thread.

In the near term is indeed a key word, but it's also important to note that Brad Sams, Jason Schreier and Emily stated that they have heard nothing about it being a reality.
Meanwhile, NateDrake, while stating it won't happen anytime soon, implied it's in the work.

Worst thing in this whole mess is confusion of Game Pass and xCloud. They're not the same thing. Game Pass is an actual pack of downloadable games and xCloud is a streaming service which will include Game Pass and thousands of games more. They actually meant xCloud by Game Pass, which is outright impossible for Switch, first, Nintendo would never allow a foreign storefront full of hundreds of games on their system, second, the service is still in its concept phase, it would be years before it launches on a platform other than Xbox.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not like anyone said Gamepass was coming to Switch this year. Some of these insiders/video game journalist I swear.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Somehow "in the near term" now means "never" and no one ever said it was coming in the near term to begin with. I'm not the only person that has reported on it, but people seem to forget that Jeuxvideo, Windows Central, GameInformer, and others have also said the same or similar things. All mention Ori coming to Switch, while Jeuxvideo expanded on things even further.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow "in the near term" now means "never" and no one ever said it was coming in the near term to begin with. I'm not the only person that has reported on it, but people seem to forget that Jeuxvideo, Windows Central, GameInformer, and others have also said the same or similar things. All mention Ori coming to Switch, while Jeuxvideo expanded on things even further.

Even that's a big one. Ori is a full MS franchise, a first party game and it's coming to Switch. People, me included, will expect more, especially when MS owns some franchises that really would interest Switch owners.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Even that's a big one. Ori is a full MS franchise, a first party game and it's coming to Switch. People, me included, will expect more, especially when MS owns some franchises that really would interest Switch owners.
Microsoft doesn't own Moon Studios, so I think Ori is technically second-party. I think Microsoft owns the IP, though. Not sure on that one.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
It's a phrase like, losing means nothing to you. I will forget about this in 2 days already knowing that I am correct. You will never come back to this thread to say that I was right.

I'm 40, a wife and kids and a job.
I too have better to do than searching for someone in a videogame forum to do a pathetic "gotcha !!!" post lol

That said, the game is coming and I can't wait to play it. Just a few weeks before confirmation.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Labo VR huh. Interesting. The Switch itself seems to be a bit too heavy to comfortably fit into a headset rig without it putting a lot of pressure on your face. Especially if it is built out of cardboard/simple strings, elastics, or straps. That said, their Labo designs have been quite brilliant so far - I have the Variety and Vehicle kits.

I don't think this will be VR. I think it may be a couple peripherals in which you can place the Switch into that will act as a window of sorts into the game world. I really don't see any lenses. How to explain the headset itself... I could see it being used with a joycon to add a parallax effect when adjusting your view angle.

I picture a cardboard gun with the Switch acting as the sight/scope, and the headset for tracking of the gun's position using the IR camera in the JoyconR, as well as your head's position relative to the gun. A couple toys like that.

I could be totally wrong.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Nate and other insiders could've heard "Microsoft is trying to bring Gamepass to Switch" and they're not wrong, right? Maybe MS recently decided not in the near term. That's the thing about rumors anyway, one could be reporting about something that isn't set in stone.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Platform Warring
I'm 40, a wife and kids and a job.
I too have better to do than searching for someone in a videogame forum to do a pathetic "gotcha !!!" post lol

That said, the game is coming and I can't wait to play it. Just a few weeks before confirmation.
March Persona news drop: "Oh well there is an April Atlus event"
April Atlus Event: "Oh well, that is the kinda thing you announce at E3"
E3: "Oh duh of course they would announce that at the VGA's, that's where they announced Joker in Smash it's a lock."
VGA's: "Wow the VGA's never live up to the insiders hype, where is Persona 5!"

Sony has exclusivity on Persona 5.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

If that was the case then this wouldn't be a thing:

1544199644_ssb_persona_5.jpg

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

Ori is for sure happening.

Nate and other insiders could've heard "Microsoft is trying to bring Gamepass to Switch" and they're not wrong, right? Maybe MS recently decided not in the near term. That's the thing about rumors anyway, one could be reporting about something that isn't set in stone.
As you said, that's the complicated things with rumors/report. Today talks could be happening. They could happen again tomorrow. You report on it the following day. Talks and plans continue for months. Then the idea/plan is terminated. The problem becomes the end result looks inaccurate because not every detail is publicly known.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
E3: "Oh duh of course they would announce that at the VGA's, that's where they announced Joker in Smash it's a lock."

Well, we'll see :)

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
User Warned: Antagonistic Behavior towards other members
You will never come back to this thread to say that I was right.
Nobody will because you won't.

Renfran, is that you?

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hahaha, we already know officialy that this is not true. If Sony has a Persona exclusivity, then Joker in Smash would be impossible. If Persona doesnt come to Switch, is not for exclusivity reasons.
This is Final fantasy is exclusive all over again haha.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018

so you think nintendo is advertising a specific game that is not coming to their platform?

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017

I'll be sure to screencap this so that you look stupid in the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.