• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Sooner or later a mod will come by and demand verification, don't worry, and then you'll either go bye bye or not. In the mean time, I'll play - why would you say the kit "might be a pretty controversial release"? Because VR with the Switch screen would be controversial given the resolution, or something else?
I figured VR on Switch would be pretty controversial, which is why I used that word specifically. Personally I would have expected something as "big" as Switch VR to have been announced in the Direct given that it is already being prepared for distribution.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also on the Wonderful 101 port, Liam said he's heard Nintendo is for it, but they want Platinum to help fund it and it sounds like Platinum doesn't want to fund it.

I'm sorry but on top of the numerous things this guy's gotten wrong over the years, this is total horseshit which anyone on any forum could say.

Do you really think he's privy to financial back and forths between two highly secretive Japanese companies?... C'mon now.

On top of that porting a WiiU game to Switch costs next to nothing in development terms. The manufacture and distribution of the carts would cost more but even then they could just make it a digital only budget title. Marketing isn't an issue as it could be done through Nintendo Directs, Nintendo Youtube videos, Social Media and Twitch streamers.

If a WiiU game doesn't get ported to Switch then it's for reasons other than the small amount of money it costs to port - no / low ROI or issues with controls due to the WiiU Gamepad.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
guys I have an exclusive scoop about about a potential zelda game releasing later this year. word on the street is that it's a remake of a beloved classic. what do you want to know about it ?
Zelda games usually have a back and forth in art styles where people want different things. I bet this one won't have any and will capture everyone's heart.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I figured VR on Switch would be pretty controversial, which is why I used that word specifically. Personally I would have expected something as "big" as Switch VR to have been announced in the Direct given that it is already being prepared for distribution.
Labo has never been announced in Directs. All Labo announcements have been separated on purpose from normal game announcements.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LMAO I think he is joking about Link Awakening bro

This?

542736-zelda-links-awakening-switch.jpg

Anyone can fake this.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Can you provide a link for that?
The links on the previous page pointed to rumours. Nothing about it being gold or about to release.

I understand you guys are sceptical – I would be too.

Nobody reliable has said that it was about to release. In late September, the rumor strated spreading that a 4th labo kit would release early 2019, but we haven't had a single person with any sort of knowledge talking about it until now, assuming you tell the truth. So yeah, the game being ready for release is news.
edit: and now, Vern pretty much confirms it. He's as reliable as it gets.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
In short: Labo VR. Has MK8 Deluxe support.
I have been a member of GAF/Era for more than 10 years. Willing to take a lifelong permaban if my information is inaccurate. It is Labo related.
Alright, I'll just post here anyway as I obtain further information. For starters, it's a new Labo kit.

All I want is something sports related for the next Labo kit. After seeing the VR thing for Everybody's Golf, all I can think about now is how awesome a Labo sports with VR support would be.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Ninrendo and Platinum co-own the IP. Nintendo probably realizes how niche this IP and it isn't worth the money or putting up all the money.

I and Nintendo agree. Nintendo wants people to pay $60 per game and a 13 hours game isn't something people would pay that much. I remember, W101 length made quite the controversy when it first released. It's Platinum's thing, they value experience more than content.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
So your sources are
1. "70% chance a new Labo will release this year" with no other specifics, and;
2. Yourself, inaccurately stating a new Labo will be announced in the Direct which already passed, with no other specifics.

OK.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
2. Yourself, inaccurately stating a new Labo will be announced in the Direct which already passed, with no other specifics.

That part is really funny I must say. Especially when he's one of the snarkiest and most aggressive poster when it comes to people posting that kind of stuff on the forum.

Anyway, do you know if the new Labo Kit is just cardboard? Because seriously, I doubt that Nintendo would release a VR device with a freaking 720p screen, that's gonna be dreadful.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No need for the insults.
Still waiting to see other sources that have stated that Labo VR is gold. Enlighten me.

I've already quoted you the stuff that was archived in the dedicated thread by competent people but you can keep pretending you're saying anything new in the hopes of fooling someone, maybe it'll work 🤙

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
That part is really funny I must say. Especially when he's one of the snarkiest and most aggressive poster when it comes to people posting that kind of stuff on the forum.

Anyway, do you know if the new Labo Kit is just cardboard? Because seriously, I doubt that Nintendo would release a VR device with a freaking 720p screen, that's gonna be dreadful.
According to my source, it's "paper VR." So I assume that means yes, the kit is indeed entirely cardboard. Will likely have specifics of the kit itself and box this week, if not tomorrow.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody reliable has said that it was about to release. In late September, the rumor strated spreading that a 4th labo kit would release early 2019, but we haven't had a single person with any sort of knowledge talking about it until now, assuming you tell the truth. So yeah, the game being ready for release is news.
Emily mentionned a Labo VR kit too.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Hey, can we do an avatar bet?
If I am wrong, you have to sport an avatar of my choice for a month.
I'll make it a good one.
No one's saying that you're wrong, we're just saying nothing you're saying is new. You also aren't verified so it's probably best to contact a mod before continuously posting about this.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
According to my source, it's "paper VR." So I assume that means yes, the kit is indeed entirely cardboard. Will likely have specifics of the kit itself and box this week, if not tomorrow.

Ok, we'll see if your right. That's gonna be laughable if that's true.

Emily mentionned a Labo VR kit too.

Yes I missed that one, but that was pretty recent. From the release of kit #3 until Emily's hint, we literally heard nothing about it although we all thought the 4th kit would release early this year. I guess April is still kind of "early", if we want to stretch it...

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Thanks for having faith. Just trying to do my bit for the community that gives me so much.
You'll know in a few weeks if I was telling the truth or not.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I missed that one, but that was pretty recent. From the release of kit #3 until Emily's hint, we literally heard nothing about it although we all thought the 4th kit would release early this year. I guess April is still kind of "early", if we want to stretch it...

Nah LordKano was talking about the 4th Labo kit earlyish on in January, saying it should release relatively soon and that retailers already knew about it. He was expecting its announcement before the non-existant January Direct. Presumably it got pushed back a bit for whatever reason but if retailers had info on it in January it probably didn't get pushed very far.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Thanks for having faith. Just trying to do my bit for the community that gives me so much.
You'll know in a few weeks if I was telling the truth or not.

Lying on the internet about having sources in videogames is quite sad, and though I know some people do it even here, I see no reason why you would be lying. Which does not mean that you are right. Reliable people have been wrong many times.

Nah LordKano was talking about the 4th Labo kit earlyish on in January, saying it should release relatively soon and that retailers already knew about it. He was expecting its announcement before the non-existant January Direct. Presumably it got pushed back a bit for whatever reason but if retailers had info on it in January it probably didn't get pushed very far.

I doubt he knows anything.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Who would go on the internet to lie specifically about a Labo VR kit lol, bit hostile responses here

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ok, we'll see if your right. That's gonna be laughable if that's true.

All the Labo products have been cardboard. If this alleged VR product is under the Labo brand, why would it not be cardboard? It's not going to be great (if true) - worse than Google cardboard, etc. given the 720p resolution. But it should be cheap....so that's something?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Why is this thread being bumped all the time?
Can we save it for when there's an actual potential Direct being speculated on?
Cause I keep thinking there's an upcoming potential direct cause of this thread.

As for Labo, they've always kept that project as it's own thing outside of Nintendo Directs and I don't see any reason why they would change that.
I still don't know how the hell VR is supposed to work on such a low res screen like Switch. I don't even know why they're still bothering with Labo anyway given how terrible the vehicle kit performed

Status
Not open for further replies.