• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
They said Microsoft and Nintendo discussed making original titles to release on each other's system? because that's huge as fuck
They did for the Microsoft original games. Not for Nintendo ones.
All sources (outside this Liam bit) said that MS was happy with the deal of just them putting stuff on Nintendo's platforms though.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Quite a few people have been telling us to expect a Labo announcement soon, so I assume that's what you're referring to. If not, color me intrigued!

Back in september/october, we all thought that a Labo kit #04 would release early in 2019, but nobody reliable really said something about it. The fact that we haven't seen it yet, and that the few people with actual knowledge seemed to have been cautious about it, makes me think that they probably altered their plans regarding that kit and reworked it a little into something they hope will be more successful. A golden week release makes sense, but they would need to talk about it really soon.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I have been a member of GAF/Era for more than 10 years. Willing to take a lifelong permaban if my information is inaccurate. It is Labo related.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They did for the Microsoft original games. Not for Nintendo ones.
All sources (outside this Liam bit) said that MS was happy with the deal of just them putting stuff on Nintendo's platforms though.
Well he said "Microsoft and Nintendo would make original games that goes on both Xbox and Switch". This is what they discussed according to him.

So if he's saying them co-developing some games like a Banjo Kazooie 3 or something is huge ass news.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Well he said "Microsoft and Nintendo would make original games that goes on both Xbox and Switch". So if he's saying them co-developing some games like a Banjo Kazooie 3 or something is huge ass news.
That's still an extremely vague statement for now, where the only difference from the jv.com leak/rumor (back when he was still saying there was no way Scalebound would come back) is that Nintendo would be involved in it.
Hell, could just be Scalebound releasing on both platforms.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I have been a member of GAF/Era for more than 10 years. Willing to take a lifelong permaban if my information is inaccurate. It is Labo related.
Back in the days people called it the gun kit though nobody knew exactly what it would be, though aiming through a gun or a camera seemed to be part of the game. We all thought it would release in Q1 2019 but we haven't heard anything, and even during the rumor craziness of January, nobody reliable seemed to have any info. Some of us believe that Nintendo probably changed their plans regarding labo, especially after what Furukawa said, and reworked their Labo kit into something different. Can you tell us more speifically what you've heard? I'm actually quite interested in Labo and do not mind being spoiled on that topic.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Back in the days people called it the gun kit though nobody knew exactly what it would be, though aiming through a gun or a camera seemed to be part of the game. We all thought it would release in Q1 2019 but we haven't heard anything, and even during the rumor craziness of January, nobody reliable seemed to have any info. Some of us believe that Nintendo probably changed their plans regarding labo, especially after what Furukawa said, and reworked their Labo kit into something different. Can you tell us more speifically what you've heard? I'm actually quite interested in Labo and do not mind being spoiled on that topic.
Maybe an admin or somebody reputable can DM me to verify my source? I don't want to risk that person's job, but nobody will believe me otherwise.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God please let Microsoft and Nintendo show up in each other's E3 Presentations. I want some epic stuff. Reveal Scalebound. Reveal any new original titles that they both might be working on together or for each other.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Wait yeah I had not seen that article about it supporting Mario Kart 8 in VR. That's very interesting.

God please let Microsoft and Nintendo show up in each other's E3 Presentations. I want some epic stuff. Reveal Scalebound. Reveal any new original titles that they both might be working on together or for each other.

Finally Goldeneye HD and Banjo Threeie will be announced.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo

I didn't see that. Almost the first rumors we have about a new labo kit, though I don't know how reliable these websites are. I hope Nintendo invents something special because if it's just a glorified cardboard to hold the switch in front of your eyes, it's going to be by far the worst labo kit released.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Mario Kart 8 VR via Labo and the current Switch would be hugely controversial based on the nausea and headache epidemics it would trigger

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like it would take magic to make it passable.

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't see that. Almost the first rumors we have about a new labo kit, though I don't know how reliable these websites are. I hope Nintendo invents something special because if it's just a glorified cardboard to hold the switch in front of your eyes, it's going to be by far the worst labo kit released.

I can't think what else it would be. It should have a single joy-con holder inside for motion sensing too.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
guys I have an exclusive scoop about about a potential zelda game releasing later this year. word on the street is that it's a remake of a beloved classic. what do you want to know about it ?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Kart 8 DX would be pretty great in VR but I think a true killer app would be Metroid Prime Trilogy. Maybe they're waiting to announce that to help boost Labo VR sales?

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I can confirm this is accurate.
What else do you want to know?
Sooner or later a mod will come by and demand verification, don't worry, and then you'll either go bye bye or not. In the mean time, I'll play - why would you say the kit "might be a pretty controversial release"? Because VR with the Switch screen would be controversial given the resolution, or something else?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo is invited to change my mind, but i don't think that any Labo VR will have enough visual fidelity for solid VR gaming. I'm already not too hot on Playstation VR, but i certainly don't look forward for MK 8 DX 200ccm with even less fidelity. ^^

Somehow have the image of this Google Cardboard thing in my mind when i think about Labo VR.

Status
Not open for further replies.