• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Betting would mean that I accept the possibility of being wrong, which I don't.
giphy.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's time for a Kingdom Hearts Collection to come to Switch. This might be my biggest third party port I want to see in a direct.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Do you accept the possibility of being wrong about Pokemon Let's Go not existing? Or Smash not being a system seller?
I wasn't wrong about Gen 8 nor a proper gen 7 game not being released last year, the problem was the leakers made us think lets go was a main gen game, so the logic make it impossible to be true. The lesson I learned then: Even if the leakers were right, they were also wrong.

I was also right about pokemon stars being fake and no Prime 4 on Game Awards (and I even especulated about it having development problems).

Oh and I was right about Smash and lets go not being enough to sell 20M switches.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
my sources tell me nintendo will announce something new in the direct, whenever it is. they're heavily hinting at it being within the next three to four months.

Oct 26, 2017
One funny thing about the Fire Emblem trailer is that they were pointing the camera straight up in the walking around parts.

That's a way to improve the framerate by reducing detail shown, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't wrong about Gen 8 nor a proper gen 7 game not being released last year, the problem was the leakers made us think lets go was a main gen game, so the logic make it impossible to be true. The lesson I learned then: Even if the leakers were right, they were also wrong.

I was also right about pokemon stars being fake and no Prime 4 on Game Awards (and I even especulated about it having development problems).

Oh and I was right about Smash and lets go not being enought to sell 20M switches.
LOL

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I want another Fire Emblem Direct.

Something like opening with the final trailer for Three Houses and giving the release date, a short update on how Fire Emblem Heroes is doing, an announcement that Fire Emblem Warriors 2 is coming with Ike's intro shown, and finally announcing that in 2020 we'll see Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War, but it's too early to show more than this animated trailer.

Because if you dream big, might as well go all out for it.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Oh and I was right about Smash and lets go not being enough to sell 20M switches.
omg stop

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
NSwitch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_04.jpg

That's a nice castle.

It'll look great after the polishing phase but I am really curious about those on-foot sections. They are really expanding the scale of the game with this entry.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017

Dammit, Pachter, quite trolling Era!

mikevdv

Jan 10, 2018

LOL let's go is an main series gen 7 game without a doubt. Even the developers themselves confirmed it

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I would love for FE to get a late April release date. It would be great to have it set a precedent for much shorter times between announcement and release. I mean yes I know it was officially announced and revealed quite awhile a go but in terms of real info and dates that would still be a very short turn around.

I'm really hoping this to be the case with AC as well which I'd love to see come out right before E3 so we have a good bit of time to play during Summer and not just start out in Fall/Winter.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That's a nice castle.

It'll look great after the polishing phase but I am really curious about those on-foot sections. They are really expanding the scale of the game with this entry.
I've never played Fire Emblem. I've sorta been intrigued. I know they don't have a world map you walk around and that turns me off.

This game though showed a character running around. Do you think we could end up having a bigger areas and stuff to run around?

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Lol the very idea that they'd be funding Metroid Prime 4 and finding a COMPLETE reboot of it if they thought there weren't enough fans to buy it.

Not the best selling doesn't mean bad selling.

Did i say it would be bad selling ?
Or that not enough fans would buy it ?
Cause i sure dont see that in my post.

I said its far from the "most anticipated" games on switch.
Both Pokemon and Animal Crossing sell more on a per entry basis than the entire Metroid Franchise, so of course there are way more people anticipating Animal Crossing Switch, or Gen 8 of Pokemon.
And with the huge active playerbase of FE Heroes, and plenty of Smash representation of FE characters, Fire Emblem is way more active and known in the public conciousness that Metroid, no matter how excited people on internet forums are about a Logo(that got canned and rebooted).

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played Fire Emblem. I've sorta been intrigued. I know they don't have a world map you walk around and that turns me off.

This game though showed a character running around. Do you think we could end up having a bigger areas and stuff to run around?
I am betting on a hub where you can upgrade your weapons, give Bonus EXP to your army and improve the skills of some of your characters.

Then you go in your missions with some story element between the two phases.

You are in for a treat Dark Cloud, I am sure you are going to like it (given that the game is good of course).

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

That's a nice castle.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the exploration sections looked stunning. The angular battle UI was stylish, too.

It's just the maps that were a bit sad looking, clearly unfinished.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
The issue with the Switch in 2018 was the first half of the year (probably even the first 2/3 of the year) was really light in terms of first party games and any major 3rd party as well. The lack of a direct so far as made me worry a little bit that things are going to be heavily weighted toward the later portion of the calendar year and we're going to have a dry first half again. If they were going to come out with some big releases in the next couple months they would have to start advertising them soon right?

Who in the world that even paid the slightest bit of attention around Let's Go thought it was ever going to be a mainline game? Like they were pretty up front from the beginning with that it was definitely not a mainline game.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Awakening had a world map. I didn't play Fates or Shadows of Valencia, so I can't speak for those.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York

Yes. I would say the odds of having proper dungeons and even outdoor environments that are fully explorable in 3rd person is pretty high. We'll likely still have a literal overworld map that we travel across, but within it there could be spots that are open areas to explore. They tested this out in the last FE game with a number of dungeons throughout the world map and I expect we'll see more of that here. But the majority of the game will still be traditional FE.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, that was the precedent set in Echoes, and something they wanted to include (but couldn't finish in time) for Fates.

Echoes had 3D explorable dungeons and point-and-click towns, but clearly Three Houses is making at least one large explorable non-combat area. I'd bet on it including dungeons as well.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
They did a spectacular work on the presention of Shadow of Valentia. 8-4 did a wonderful localization work and I am sure they are working on Three Houses they are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.