• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
RE2make is well above the Switch's weight class. Not to mention that the RE Engine doesn't currently support the Switch.

Eh, judging by how it runs on the GPD Win 2 I seriously doubt that. The game is well optimized and runs at 60fps, it should definitely be doable.

Whether or not it happens is down to Capcom's business decisions, which so far do not paint an optimistic picture.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Eh, judging by how it runs on the GPD Win 2 I seriously doubt that. The game is well optimized and runs at 60fps, it should definitely be doable.

Whether or not it happens is down to Capcom's business decisions, which so far do not paint an optimistic picture.
GPD Win 2 is more powerful than a Switch (and much more expensive).
Only on paper

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
GPD Win 2 is more powerful than a Switch (and much more expensive).

On paper, yes. In practice, not really, no. The CPU is better on the Win 2 but the Switch's GPU performs better in most games. And the docked Switch GPU is a good deal more powerful than the Win 2's.

They match up pretty closely though so it's a good benchmark for if a game is possible.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
As usual, I'm hoping for some Final Fantasy XIV surprise, even if knowing it will never happen.

Either that or another phenomenal MMORPG.

That being said, there has been too much of silence since the last Direct. Has me worried about this year.

Edit: Just imagine, a 1 hour long Direct, full of announcements!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Serious question: why doesn't anybody consider Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday as a potential Direct day? Thursday being Direct Day was specifically a 2018 thing. In 2017, Directs were on Wednesday. The way I see it, the Direct could be any day or the week except Friday and weekends.
For me personally I think it can only be Wednesday or Thursday. I believe like 90% of General Directs have been on either Wednesday or Thursday. I expect that trend to continue.

yes, but it will be the low budget game, not the 3d one
2D Zelda isn't low budget.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow this thread is moving fast.

Anyway I hope to hear something near the 14th of this month, If not I will just Reset the clock and hope for March.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just skimmed through the September 2018 Direct. I honestly forgot how many 2019 games they announced there! Town, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn, FF Switch ports.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
The prospect of major Fire Emblem information on Valentine's Day is ominous indeed.

Please don't show character rubbing. Or anything somehow lewder.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I just skimmed through the September 2018 Direct. I honestly forgot how many 2019 games they announced there! Town, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn, FF Switch ports.
It was a very good Direct. Lot of announcements from 1st and 3rd parties. If Animal Crossing got its first trailer it would have been a great Direct.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
This thread is going crazy pace!

But anyway the AC Remaster not being announced for Switch makes me believe a direct is real soon! I never thought a non-announcement would make me more excited.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the 2d zelda team is almost 5 years without releasing anything at all.

The game must be ready at this point

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The prospect of major Fire Emblem information on Valentine's Day is ominous indeed.

Please don't show character rubbing. Or anything somehow lewder.
giphy.gif

This is why I need info, the mere possibility for this kind of stuff is too much. I just need to know one way or the other.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo did a 3DS Direct on February 14, 2013. This was the Year of Luigi Direct (on Valentines Day)

The following year they did a General Direct on February 13 (day before Valentines Day).

So we have some precedence for Directs on or near Valentines Day.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, the 2d zelda team is almost 5 years without releasing anything at all.

The game must be ready at this point

This "team" is often scrapped for staff whenever the main Zelda game needs more people. They reduced to a total of 3 people for several years when Skyward Sword was in development. It's unclear when this new game would have started in earnest.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem is not going to be released in the spring. "No delays" means nothing is getting delayed out of 2019, not that a game won't move a couple months. There's no way Nintendo could confidently know that absolutely nothing will get delayed a couple months.

Counterpoint: Fire Emblem will be released as planned in the Spring. (Source: the E3 trailer.)

Really though, the reason it hasn't been showcased yet is twofold: they didn't want it to be marginalized by Smash's all-consuming hype cycle up to December, and we haven't had a Direct to show anything since.

It'll probably release after FE Expo in May, if I had to guess.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem might become a big franchise release so they could move it sep-dec if they want wanted to

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
No proper direct happening until E3, you're all wasting your time.

We'll get a mini direct with some ports, release dates for FE and or LM3 and maybe a Mario Tennis tier announcement, nothing more.

Pokémon plays in the big league now so it could be announced at E3 as well.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Counterpoint: Fire Emblem will be released as planned in the Spring. (Source: the E3 trailer.)

Really though, the reason it hasn't been showcased yet is twofold: they didn't want it to be marginalized by Smash's all-consuming hype cycle up to December, and we haven't had a Direct to show anything since.

It'll probably release after FE Expo in May, if I had to guess.

Golden Week goes on from April 29th to May 6th without break this year. FE Expo is May 4th.

May 3rd seems the more logical date for Fire Emblem.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Pokémon has always "played in the big league," that has nothing to do with when it's revealed. The Pokémon Company consistently decides to reveal the next core series RPGs at their own dedicated Direct months before E3. Don't expect that to change.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
No proper direct happening until E3, you're all wasting your time.

We'll get a mini direct with some ports, release dates for FE and or LM3 and maybe a Mario Tennis tier announcement, nothing more.

3lVq5dZ.jpg

Nothing of this will be true.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Week goes on from April 29th to May 6th without break this year. FE Expo is May 4th.

May 3rd seems the more logical date for Fire Emblem.

The sooner, the better. It's very possible, if something else isn't shown to fill that spot.

Then again, would they really want to cut FE Expo's attendance by releasing Three Houses the day before? :P

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Pokémon has always "played in the big league," that has nothing to do with when it's revealed. The Pokémon Company consistently decides to reveal the next core series RPGs at their own dedicated Direct months before E3. Don't expect that to change.
Pokémon has never played in the big (home console) league, even if it sold millions, E3 tends to focus much more on console games, even when 3ds was at its peak and wii u in a whole, they focused more on Wii U announcements at E3.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The sooner, the better. It's very possible, if something else isn't shown to fill that spot.

Then again, would they really want to cut FE Expo's attendance by releasing Three Houses the day before? :P
Put some demo stations there and these an special announcement about the game there and it should be fine :p

It could also release the week before.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Pokémon has never played in the big (home console) league, even if it sold millions, E3 tends to focus much more on console games, even when 3ds was at its peak and wii u in a whole, they focused more on Wii U announcements at E3.
Still, it doesnt get much bigger than Pokemon does it.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
That doesn't change how it will be announced. Let's Go was announced in a press conference at the end of the month of May last year. A couple of weeks out from E3.
Gen 8 is going to be announced before E3.

Jan 16, 2019
Last night I was watching some older Easy Allies videos and I came across the Fire Emblem E3 trailer. I did not remember it looking this promising when I watched it at E3, which is the previous instance I watched the footage. Will this be the year of Fire Emblem?... I mean, no because at least Animal Crossing and Pokémon are releasing this year haha but who knows, it's certainly more popular now than ever before.

The trailer gave me some SERIOUS Xenoblade trailer vibes. The music drop at 1:07 sealed it off to me as that.

The game honestly looked rough technically. Not really impressive compared to other Switch games and it featured heavy frame drops during the footage. It's also very probably docked mode footage. They had a whole year to work on that, though.

Are we really sure this is releasing this spring? It's so quiet... In the case of a delay*, I dunno if they would really want to release it so close to freaking Animal Crossing, Pokémon and whatever else is announced. But a 2020 release is even more unlikely.

I'd expect at least 5 minutes featuring Fire Emblem at the next direct if it's really releasing this spring. 10 minutes if there's no more directs before the release of the game(Let's say april-may).

*I'm not sure if they meant "No delays this year" by "no delays this year" LOL; anything could change, c'mon.

I don't think it was a framerate drop since it was a cutscene, I think it was a more style's decision, and in no way, Nintendo will put the trailer with that heavey frame drops online.

Status
Not open for further replies.