• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I had a blast in 2018 with the Switch. People couldn't get over 4 things:
- It's weaker than 2017 (Any year will be hard pressed to match Zelda + Mario)
- PS4, in comparison, had a fantastic 2018
- indies 'don't count'
- Wii u ports 'don't count'
Pretty much. It's especially disheartening to hear the 2017 comparisons when people ignore the fact that 2017 was absolutely barebones in terms of third party support and there were far more breaks in between games by comparison. 2018 didn't have more than a few weeks at most between first party published exclusives while 2017 had pretty substantial breaks like between Zelda and Kart, Kart and ARMS, and Splatoon and Rabbids.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017

A big figure in the Smash speculation community, named Mimique, had a pretty crazy theory. Piranha Plant, Mii Swordfighter, and Duck Hunt all seem to have a connection with that glitch in the 2.0 version. The theory is that they're glitching out because Mii SF is being used as a base for this possible Dragon Quest rep, as they would obviously be a sword character, and that Duck Hunt is being used as a base for Banjo and Kazooie, which is affecting the game firmware somehow. This same thing happened with Smash 4, as Bayonetta uses Zero Suit Samus as a base. This is coupled with IndieGamerChick's rumors. It's pretty far out there, but stranger things have happened before. Its really strange that all three of those characters glitch out like that, I'll say that, at the very least.

Last edited:

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
User banned (72 hours): Console warring, history of similar behavior.
February and still no direct. Giving me strong first half 2018 flashbacks.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Wasn't 80% by Nintendo's own revenue, not by software sold?

"Nintendo Supplementary Information Earnings Release" said:
Proportion of first-party software sales to total dedicated video game software sales

84.6% of Software sales were First party.
At a reported 94.64m Software sales(not including digital only Eshop titles) that means they sold 80m First party games.
That is up from 40m First party sales for the same period the year before.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
I think you'll have to wait until E3 for that. But maybe!
You just gotta believeee

200.gif

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
A big figure in the Smash speculation community, named Mimique, had a pretty crazy theory. Piranha Plant, Mii Swordfighter, and Duck Hunt all seem to have a connection with that glitch in the 2.0 version. The theory is that they're glitching out because Mii SF is being used as a base for this possible Dragon Quest rep, as they would obviously be a sword character, and that Duck Hunt is being used as a base for Banjo and Kazooie. This same thing happened with Smash 4, Bayonetta uses Zero Suit Samus as a base. This is coupled with IndieGamerChick's rumors. It's pretty far out there, but stranger things have happened before. Its really strange that all three of those characters glitch out like that, I'll say that, at the very least.
That's... surprisingly plausible. I was expecting something stupid like the Music Theory.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A big figure in the Smash speculation community, named Mimique, had a pretty crazy theory. Piranha Plant, Mii Swordfighter, and Duck Hunt all seem to have a connection with that glitch in the 2.0 version. The theory is that they're glitching out because Mii SF is being used as a base for this possible Dragon Quest rep, as they would obviously be a sword character, and that Duck Hunt is being used as a base for Banjo and Kazooie, which is affecting the game firmware somehow. This same thing happened with Smash 4, as Bayonetta uses Zero Suit Samus as a base. This is coupled with IndieGamerChick's rumors. It's pretty far out there, but stranger things have happened before. Its really strange that all three of those characters glitch out like that, I'll say that, at the very least.
Interesting theory. It sounds like it could at least be plausible and anything that helps put Banjo and Kazooie in Smash I'll take lol. They're my most wanted character(s).

Yeah, plus IndieGamerChick saying what she said helps. She pretty much hinted at a MS character in Smash and the N64 Mini. If either were to be true I don't think either would show up here. N64 Mini would drop on Youtube outta nowhere and Banjo and Kazooie I'd think would be saved for E3.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
lol

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Since I basically played everything I wanted to on Wii U, the only port that I'd be kinda excited for would be Tokyo Mirage Sessions because maybe just maybe that could lead to a sequel.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Went and made myself a Bingo card!

bssqGOe.jpg

A few out-there boxes and a few surefire things. It'd be great if even one line of this is filled!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why they couldn't have one big one in feburary and then e3, then september or november.

I guess they could, I just don't see it being that likely. They usually have one close to the end of the FY (like March or April) detailing most of the upcoming 2 quarters and teasing some of Q3. I just don't see them doing all of that as early as February, but I could be wrong.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

how did they glitched out? if you are talking about save corruptions then how can you provide a counterargument for Pikachu since there is a video that Pikachu online caused the save corruption. Did they already offers plausible theory that it could be just counterfeit SD cards right?

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Platinum is rumored to be working on another Switch game in addition to Bayo 3.

And all of those games on that list that have been officially announced have all been officially confirmed for 2019. That doesn't mean they can't be delayed, but it's not crazy to expect them all to hit this year. Also Zell said his games (2D Zelda and Mario Maker 2) are planned for 2019. So if that's true some of those would in fact need to be delayed not to hit this year.

I didn't knew about Platinum working in something else besides Bayo 3. Cool! (Hope it's not only the rumored port of TW101 D:). It's just that I got spoiled with the Metroid Prime 4 ultra delay that I don't have too much expectations anymore hah.

Well yeah, like I wrote, some of announced or rumored games can be delayed to 2020. but on other hand, we could have some unannounced and not rumored 2019. games also, so 2019. should be great in any case.

Talking about Mario Maker 2, it seems that could be "online game" that recently Nintendo teased,
talking about Zelda, if we really getting new 3D Zelda next year, Nintendo would have/want 2D Zelda this year.

And the fact that Nintendo usually releases a yearly Zelda game of some sort, either a spin-off or main title. Well hopefully the 2D Zelda is this year. It'll be awesome!

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
If SNES online Switch games are planned for September to get people to renew their yearly sub, then I'd guess they wouldn't talk about it in next weeks Direct.

That's plausible, but didn't that recent Q&A mention something about a good percentage of subscribers only going for a month's worth? I can see Nintendo giving out the SNES stuff ASAP to hook them back in for longer subscriptions, and then rolling out a big Online-focused game like Mario Maker 2 in October for the Yearly renewals. Especially with all that info found in the NES App datamine; would seem strange waiting half a year for that to come to fruition.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's plausible, but didn't that recent Q&A mention something about a good percentage of subscribers only going for a month's worth? I can see Nintendo giving out the SNES stuff ASAP to hook them back in for longer subscriptions, and then rolling out a big Online-focused game like Mario Maker 2 in October for the Yearly renewals. Especially with all that info found in the NES App datamine; would seem strange waiting half a year for that to come to fruition.
Yeah they mentioned people doing monthly subscription and letting it expire. To me that would also signal we need to get people subbing right now too. They could announce SNES online now and do Super Mario Maker 2 for September. There might be better features coming too.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Well it might be a mini. I don't think anyone has said this has to be a full, general Direct. And now that the 3DS is essentially dead the entire thing would (probably) be dedicated to Switch games. 20 minutes isn't too bad there.

But my point is, I think we're getting a much bigger one in a couple months. I don't see them going from February to E3 without another big Direct and I don't see two big ones happening in the span of 2-3 months. So something's gotta give.

And if we're getting a Pokemon Direct at the end of the month that will be 3 big Directs in the span of 2-3 months. Which seems like a lot, but hey, maybe they've decided to increase their amount of communication. I'd be thrilled if that was the case.
General direct next week + AC, FE and Pokémon Directs till E3 is my guess

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

bssqGOe.jpg

A few out-there boxes and a few surefire things. It'd be great if even one line of this is filled!
So lets see. The only way to get Starfox GP with your card is either BoxBoy, Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses and a Deluxe Port is announced. That seems plausible. Super Mario Maker 2 is the only stretch. The other way is Joker gameplay, shadow drop, 30+ minutes direct and Kamiya's new game. All sound plausible. I could see Kamiya's game here or elsewhere.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

Yes, they said that and it makes sense. First day all the diehard fans that would get the subscription no matter what, picked the yearly ones. Once Smash released, unconvinced people picked the monthly one just to play Smash.

With Smash DLC they are going to keep the numbers afloat but they really need to provide more value to the service instead of just talking about doing it. The snail pace with 2 or 3 NES games each month is ridiculous. And the quality of the online has much room to improve.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019

bssqGOe.jpg

I think your best chance of BINGO here is diagonal, top right to bottom left. There are some crazy things on yours. Ehh, what the hell. I'm gonna have to make myself a bingo card.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Everything on his card is completely reasonable. Stuff on there that have been rumored.

The ones that I'm saying are a bit crazy are Star Fox GP (haven't heard anything since E3 2018, doubt it'll be shown here), 5 3rd party games, Challenger pack 2, Kamiya's game, and a new IP. All of those just seem like too much for the first direct of the year, IMO. Not saying they're impossible, just seem unlikely to me. We already have so many announced games with so little info (no release dates/windows). I still expect to see MPT & either Maker 2 or 2D Zelda.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The ones that I'm saying are a bit crazy are Star Fox GP (haven't heard anything since E3 2018, doubt it'll be shown here), 5 3rd party games, Challenger pack 2, Kamiya's game, and a new IP. All of those just seem like too much for the first direct of the year, IMO. Not saying they're impossible, just seem unlikely to me. We already have so many announced games with so little info (no release dates/windows). I still expect to see MPT & either Maker 2 or 2D Zelda.
I think even the Mini had more than 5 3rd party games last year (SNK Heroine, Celeste, Dark Souls Remaster, Dragon Quest Builders,Ys8 , The World Ends With You...)

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Have I missed anything? Last post I saw was regarding 2019 games, MPT being HD, king Zell stepping out of the leak game.
I sure hope we get animal crossing and fire emblem in this direct...

Status
Not open for further replies.