• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious what they'll do to expand Mario Maker for a sequel. That might be my most hyped game on that list, just to see what they've done.

2D Zelda will be awesome of course too. And we all know what we're getting with MPT, I just want a date there.
Create your world map similar to that Super Mario Run kingdom thing to put various levels in there seems like a good one that I hope happens.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
If they Make Mario Maker 2 instead of porting the first, What would Mario Maker 2 level editors choice be like to be different?

Super Mario 2
The Wario Games
Yoshis Island
Paper Mario Style?
3D Land/World (would that work I don't know?)
(Do not think 64 would work neither since you can Switch between styles in the previous game, though of course it would be cool)

Any of those or more of the same as the first one?

Sloped platforms.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Hmm knowing (well I mean it's not fact but still) the date of the Direct gives me a peace. I'm not even anxious for it to happen anymore as if an announcement could just spring out at me at any moment, now I just lie back and wait for the expected date. Here's to hoping there is plenty to talk about so we never have to talk in circles about baseless empty speculation ever again*.

*until 1-2 months before the next Direct

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
hqdefault.jpg
An HD more classic 2D Zelda in the style of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks would be sooo good. Some of the best boss battles in the franchise.

MikeH

Dec 3, 2018
How long is this one going to be?

Assuming there's no more general Directs until E3 this one should probably be about 45 mins right?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I see youtubers are already running wild with Zell's info and one of them implied it could be a Pokémon Direct lol.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Also, regardless of your opinion on the port debacle, I know some people who will be livid about Pikmin 3 coming out when 4 has been in development for so many years.

Super Mario Maker 2 is highly exciting though. I want to see footage ASAP because i'd love to know what new themes, gamestyles, and level templates we may get
I find such an attitude to be very, very short sighted. Pikmin 3 coming out first is a good thing for everyone, including restless fans of the series.

Think about it - Pikmin 3 sold just a little over a million. Let's say 1.5 million people played it. There are now over 32 million (thirty two million!) Switches in the wild, with the number constantly growing. In order to ensure the series continuing after Pikmin 4 (which is the interest of all Pikmin fans), Pikmin 4 (into which probably more money went into than past Pikmins) needs to hit the ground running. And the best chance of that happening is imo if Pikmin 3 prepares the ground. Hence it is in everybody's interest that Pikmin 3 comes first.

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He only said "Maker 2"
And "2D Zelda"
What if they are one, and...

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA MAKER!!!

Dun
Dun
Dun....

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind Zell just said those are games that will be announced this year, nothing about being released. That said, I definitely see Pikmin 3 releasing this year, and Pikmin 4 coming next year, but Super Mario Maker 2 possibly sliding into early 2020. Suppose we'll see!

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
If giving Pikmin 4 some insurance to do well means releasing Pikmin 3 first, then that's fine by me. The point of contention is that Nintendo seems fine with holding on to completed projects to maximize returns, so the idea of a finished Pikmin 4 being shelved for another 1-2 years is frustrating. But it's their IP so they can do whatever the hell they want.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn... We went from completely bored to WOOOOOOOO HYYPEEEEEE in a matter of seconds.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I kinda doubt they have strong inside info on Pokemon 2019 yet. Pokemon info doesn't usually leak (outside of trademark stuff) until April-Juneish.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
I really dislike the 4 swords style 2d zeldas. I really hope that's not what we get for 2D zelda game

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to be able to make my own world maps with Mario maker 2, make my own alternate routes and secret levels on the map

M-PG71C

Oct 29, 2017
FFS when are they gonna announce Fire Emblem's launch date ;__;

Yep, completely agree. Echoes was nice but that was almost two years ago and I want more.

Well, this thread became entertaining lol! I been wanting a new Super Mario Maker for so long now that I have actually purchased the one on the 3DS and started going through it. I never thought it would come to this. (Although the pre-made levels on it are pretty fucking awesome lol)

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I think if Nintendo wants to hit it's new target it has to announce some heavy hitters and give updates on them

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
I fully expect Mario Maker 2 to not be mentioned in the Direct next week. Probably E3? That said, I never owned a Wii U so I'm pumped about the possibility of finally being able to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.