• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Hope you guys are looking forward to waiting another 2 months after they show the Joker gameplay.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
January and the beginning of February have been pretty busy. Resident Evil 2, Kingdom Hearts, Super Bowl, SOTU...Nintendo just waiting for an opening.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Ah a Direct thread, my new home.

But seriously, I have enough stuff in my backlog. However I'm just curious about how Nintendo will fill up the rest of the year. Things I hope the next Direct will address:

- Fire Emblem TTH; there is so little info on it. I need my Fire Emblem fix and I'm really curious about the game. It's one of my more anticipated releases of the year.

- Pokémon Gen 8; I imagine it will get its own Direct with a small teaser and more info following through Coro Coro.

- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3; A Nintendo published Marvel game created by Team Ninja. I just want to know how this game came to be! Plus I'm hoping it will be a quality release.

All of the Nintendo releases ofcourse.

Plus, third party titles. With recent information telling that developers are happy with Switch sales and 2K telling us that Civ VI performed above expectations, I wonder if more third parties will announce games got this year?

I won't expect anything from EA, but everyone else seems fair game right now. I'm expecting older games to hit the system once again.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Here's hoping they also tease "Brave" as well, lol. Then we can wait even longer. (Or maybe Joker and "Brave" will be released together.)

Optimistically Joker and Brave get dual trailers in the next Direct and are available for download in April/May. Otherwise we'll be waiting until E3 for more news.

Deleted member 11926

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think that we may get an announcement this year of what Square Enix' BD 11 are cooking up? From the tweets they have given, it sounds like they have multiple projects in the works. One of which is most likely a new Bravely game.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the Valentine's Day 2014 Direct was the birth of the Little Mac x Samus ship

the Valentine's Day 2019 Direct is where Joker will get his official Smash Bros girlfriend

love is in the air...

I hope it's Wii Fit Trainer.
Hope you guys are looking forward to waiting another 2 months after they show the Joker gameplay.
I'd take it.(though I hope he's released in March even if it's unlikely.)

Plus I just want to know what his stage is so we could potentially put some rumors to rest.

Nov 13, 2017
Let us all be thankful we even have semi-regular Directs to look forward to. For a long time being a Nintendo fan hungry for news was dire.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming it's still on for Spring.
I was surprised their recent investor slides don't list any forthcoming titles apart from mobile ones, normally they show a bunch.

They did tell investors right at that meeting that none of the games planned for 2019 currently will be delayed. While it's probably not possible for them to guarantee that 100% it at least presents a very confident look.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017

I'm OK with this.

I'll gladly jump back on board when Joker launches, but I want non-Smash things rn. Smash has been given obscene amounts of attention since June last year.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The complete lack of FE news isn't very encouraging for me. May is optimistic at this point.

Wombat_Lover

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 20, 2019
200_s.gif

Great movie.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
April is piled high with 3rd party releases. It's entirely possible that Nintendo has nothing on the go until May at the earliest...besides (zzz) Yoshi at the end of March.

Third party releases of...decade old ports? (zzz)

Edit: nvm, i just remembered MK11 is that month. Probably some others I can't recall.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm predicting no first party games at all in April. They wouldn't be holding on to Yoshi until March 29th if there was a banger lined up in April.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am betting on a hub where you can upgrade your weapons, give Bonus EXP to your army and improve the skills of some of your characters.

Then you go in your missions with some story element between the two phases.

You are in for a treat Dark Cloud, I am sure you are going to like it (given that the game is good of course).

A hub area would be really good. I guess I'm weird I want something to walk around that connects everything together. I like something to explore at least and talk to NPC's. Something like that makes me like a game. I'm sure I'd like the gameplay.

Yes. I would say the odds of having proper dungeons and even outdoor environments that are fully explorable in 3rd person is pretty high. We'll likely still have a literal overworld map that we travel across, but within it there could be spots that are open areas to explore. They tested this out in the last FE game with a number of dungeons throughout the world map and I expect we'll see more of that here. But the majority of the game will still be traditional FE.

Yeah. I like having more outdoor environments explorable. Even something like Persona I like. It's not big areas to explore, but you have multiple smaller areas to explore and do things in.

Yes, that was the precedent set in Echoes, and something they wanted to include (but couldn't finish in time) for Fates.

Echoes had 3D explorable dungeons and point-and-click towns, but clearly Three Houses is making at least one large explorable non-combat area. I'd bet on it including dungeons as well.

It looks good so far from what I've seen. I can't wait to see the jump when it's revealed again.

Apr 21, 2018
The complete lack of FE news isn't very encouraging for me. May is optimistic at this point.

I agree here. I even feel H1 2019 is optimistic as I can see Spring turning to Summer turning to end of September. I think there's even a chance Animal Crossing ships before FE. It's a big game for Intelligent Systems, and I think they are going for a new quality-bar for the series and that will take time. I am actually okay with FE getting extra dev time.

I think there's a chance that Yoshi(March), Metroid Prime Trilogy (May), and Daemon X Machina (June) might be it until e3.
With Animal Crossing (August), Fire Emblem (September), Luigi's Mansion (October) and Pokemon (November)/3D World port (November) filling out the year. Maybe a new Labo and some SNES games as well. Marvel Ultimate Alliance will land at some point, probably in the second half, along with increasing 3rd party support.

And in hindsight, 2019 will be a very strong year.

I just don't see room for Bayonetta 3, Star Fox Grand Prix, and magical new 2D Zelda's and F-Zero's to be sprinkled in this year. (although they might all be announced for a 2020 release)

I feel like we more-or-less know the 2019 lineup though.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
What I really need is a new Nindies direct this month.

European Indie Highlights are fine. But I need to see a proof showing that everything will be okay regarding the fine tuned radar of Nintendo of America signing indie exclusives.

Specially taking into account that the person in charge of the Switch indie success, Damon Baker, has left the company to work in Microsoft.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
So how long before this thread gets moved to Hangouts, people complain that nobody goes to Hangouts, and Direct speculation infects the main Video Game forum again?

(I kid, I kid... maybe...)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen more people leave Retro's game (or Starfox GP) off their lists for games coming this hear. Hmmm

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I agree here. I even feel H1 2019 is optimistic as I can see Spring turning to Summer turning to end of September. I think there's even a chance Animal Crossing ships before FE. It's a big game for Intelligent Systems, and I think they are going for a new quality-bar for the series and that will take time. I am actually okay with FE getting extra dev time.

I think there's a chance that Yoshi(March), Metroid Prime Trilogy (May), and Daemon X Machina (June) might be it until e3.
With Animal Crossing (August), Fire Emblem (September), Luigi's Mansion (October) and Pokemon (November)/3D World port (November) filling out the year. Maybe a new Labo and some SNES games as well.

And in hindsight, that's a very strong year.

I just don't see room for Bayonetta 3, Star Fox Grand Prix, and magical new 2D Zelda's and F-Zero's to be sprinkled in there. (although they might all be announced for 2020)

I feel like we more-or-less know the 2019 lineup.
Nah its too early to know 2019 lineup emily rogers hinted at some unnanounced games.
2018 was a very quiet year for Nintendo except for Smash Bros at worst i expect a wave of games released 2nd half 2019 to 2020.

However Metroid Prime 4 was a huge blow for the company even if most likely was gonna be released on 2020 now we don't even know when we will get any info

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen more people leave Retro's game (or Starfox GP) off their lists for games coming this hear. Hmmm

Until we hear any real news on it, it's just not worth looking forward to.

It seems like it should be coming this year, but for the last several years people were almost certain Retro's game (whatever it is) would be shown or released. Hasn't happened yet, and I'd rather not get my hopes up. There's enough other decent stuff to keep focus on

AzVal

May 7, 2018
So how long before this thread gets moved to Hangouts, people complain that nobody goes to Hangouts, and Direct speculation infects the main Video Game forum again?

(I kid, I kid... maybe...)
The plan is that when we reach the point of moving to hangouts, ban everyone that posted here.... Cleanse the infection...

Status
Not open for further replies.