• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

This guy, probably unknow to you, I've been following his twitter and he was correct about the Let's go games before they were announced, he has credible sources.

Abeit it's a prediction, may hold some merit or not, but i'm inclined to agree that a gen 8 first reveal in the Nintendo direct and more info on Pokemon day does seem logical.

The main sticking point about his predictions is the fact that The Pokémon Company usually does the initial reveal for mainline Pokémon games on their own terms. Unless Nintendo's more involved with marketing for Gen 8, I'd expect the same to ring true for Gen 8's reveal (either in a Pokémon Direct or a separate TPCi press conference).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think from first party if we see Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, MPT, Daemon X Machina and Fire Emblem Three Houses it'll be a good direct for Nintendo.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Wake me up when the DMC HD collection port is shown. Because it will be.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The main sticking point about his predictions is the fact that The Pokémon Company usually does the initial reveal for mainline Pokémon games on their own terms. Unless Nintendo's more involved with marketing for Gen 8, I'd expect the same to ring true for Gen 8's reveal (either in a Pokémon Direct or a separate TPCi press conference).
Treehouse is involved for 5 days of Q&A during what should now be called Pokemon Weekend, and the initial reveal was at E3 2017. Nintendo is definitely going to be heavily involved with Gen 8 I think, so yeah a reveal this general direct is not farfetch'd to me. And I would love to be right.
Too much Pokémon talk

Sooooo Wave Race, huh?
I can't take anymore favorite series new entries this year, the 4 we have lined up are already enough for me if you throw in Wave Race and 2D Zelda 100% for 2019, my mind would melt.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So Star Fox Grand Prix is real again and those leaked release dates might end up being legit? Interesting...

I wonder where that puts Fire Emblem, since that site didn't have a listing for it. Hopefully i'm right about it landing in April, but it could easily release in June.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Safe prediction: The direct will have some kind of trailer for Splatoon 2 stuff since they announced at the Koshien they're going to do one more wave of weapon releases. Also hoping for another paid DLC expansion trailer like we got last year but I don't think that's likely

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
People are always pessimistic when it comes to Pokémon but if you literally only add a controllable camera and the Pokémon in the overworld you get a major leap already.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Too much Pokémon talk

Sooooo Wave Race, huh?
Wave Race is actually now a Pokemon spin off. Forget Ryota and Ayumi and any of the other racers you remember, the racers will now be Pikachu and Eevee and their evolutions as well as alternate costumes taking up the rest of the roster. Races take place around the Kanto region and nowhere else

The project has recently been rebooted and handed over to Retro Studios

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't say so necessarily. Preload would better indicate it's complete. Doubt it would be on the eShop it it weren't locked to release on schedule in the coming months, though.

Ah yeah I was probably thinking of when Yoshi became available for preload, yeah. Good call.

Still like you said, a good sign that the release is on track.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
People think that September date for Animal Crossing is too far away? That sounds sooner than I was expecting honestly

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AC fans will be absolutely unbearable if there are no new AC news in the direct. Think Metroid fans pre Samus Returns, but 100 times worse since there are way more AC fans.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My predictions:

NEW Super Mario Bros Grand Prix
Pikmin 4 Grand Prix
Mario Vs Donkey Kong Grand Prix
Puzzle League Grand Prix
Metroid Dread Grand Prix
Sadness Grand Prix
Mother 3 Grand Prix
Wario Land Grand Prix
Kid Icarus: Uprising II Grand Prix
Eternal Darkness Grand Prix
StarTropics Grand Prix
Custom Robo Grand Prix
Pokemon Snap! Grand Prix
Punch-Out!! Grand Prix
Star Fox: Welcome Amiibo

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Too much Pokémon talk

Sooooo Wave Race, huh?

kdKhgx6.gif

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
My predictions:

NEW Super Mario Bros Grand Prix
Pikmin 4 Grand Prix
Mario Vs Donkey Kong Grand Prix
Puzzle League Grand Prix
Metroid Dread Grand Prix
Sadness Grand Prix
Mother 3 Grand Prix
Wario Land Grand Prix
Kid Icarus: Uprising II Grand Prix
Eternal Darkness Grand Prix
StarTropics Grand Prix
Custom Robo Grand Prix
Pokemon Snap! Grand Prix
Punch-Out!! Grand Prix
Star Fox: Welcome Amiibo

I may or may not have fallen off my seat.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In regards to Pokemon, I think people take the "It should be like BoTW" thing to illogical extremes. I think Pokemon could benefit from opening up without becoming an over the shoulder action game. Just removing some of the linearity would be pretty huge. Give me a region where I'm not just shuttled from one area to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.