• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3DS will live until 2021.

ekjpq9ykasg7.gif
i give it one more game after kirby before nintendo completely pulls support

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Direct happening on the 13th.
Metroid Prime Trilogy might be in the direct.

First party wise, some games rumored for this year (but they won't all be announced during the direct) :
Mario Maker 2
New 2D Zelda
Boxboy (we don't know if trilogy or new game or both, but HAL hinted at new game last year)
Pikmin 3 port
DIrect supposedly on the 13th.

The only game zell thought "might" be in the Direct is the Metroid Prime Trilogy. All of the other games he listed out were "maybe" the 2019 lineup overall, but not necessarily in the Direct this week.

Other hints are scattered throughout the thread, like PS2 ports, and info on what happened with Pikmin 4.
It's reasonable to expect a Direct this Wednesday, potentially with an announcement of Metroid Prime trilogy.
Got it, thanks.

Any word on 3rd party stuff, or nah?

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope Nintendo interrupts the Direct to defend the low amount of third party announcements, telling us that this is normal for a console in its third year.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Direct surprises prediction

- Persona 5 Crimson
- Yo-kai Watch 4 localization for this year
- Ridge Racer 9
- Yuri Lowell comes to Smash

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Nintendo interrupts the Direct to defend the low amount of third party announcements, telling us that this is normal for a console in its third year.
I think April/May is a good representation of what's to come from 3rd parties in 2019 :

- Some ports (Darksiders, FFX/X-2, FFXII, Dragon's Dogma)
- Some Japanese exclusives (Dragon Ball Heroes)
- Some multiplat game (MK11, Sonic Team Racing)
- Some games skiping the platform (Rage 2)

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
A couple people @ me today about gta. The only thing I've got is the same thing that I've maintained for the past year now at least, if not longer. Also reminder I'm not hinting or leaking anything at all anymore, so even if or when that previous info changes don't look to me to leak it.

@-ing people is bad and they should feel bad.

I don't remember you hinting at GTA in the first place, though I don't spend enough time here to see everything. I remember you saying that cart size was the main issue holding some big titles from releasing, I remember myself and others screaming GTA at that time, and I remember you ignoring it (sotheresachance.gif). Cheers mate for stopping leaking stuff; in a hindsight, I also prefer to learn about news stuff through regular official updates from Nintendo and others.

I hated RDR2, but GTA 5 was actually kind of fun and I could see myself playing it on Switch.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
God damn, is this going to be the new damage control meme?

I can dig it.

I know it's low hanging fruit but..

dnno.gif

I think April/May is a good representation of what's to come from 3rd parties in 2019 :

- Some ports (Darksiders, FFX/X-2, FFXII, Dragon's Dogma)
- Some Japanese exclusives (Dragon Ball Heroes)
- Some multiplat game (MK11, Sonic Team Racing)
- Some games skiping the platform (Rage 2)

Yeah, I think this is a fair assessment. I do hope we see more day-and-date multiplat games, regardless of their scope, or exclusives to make up for it.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
PIKMIN 3?!?!?!?! Please tell me this is a terrible joke!

I already have a Wii U Nintendo. With all your 1st party games. I want Pikmin 4 damn it!

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really feeling this rumor about a Direct on the 13th, so I'm doubting it will actually happen, but hey, if I'm wrong, that's good.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I think they will stick to their pattern and the Direct will be announced tomorrow.
Their pattern? Yeah, they announced the two 2018 Directs 32 hours before airing (in Japan: Wednesday 11 pm -> Friday 7 am) but the two 2017 Directs were announced 56 hours before airing (in Japan: Monday 11pm -> Thursday 7 am). And now we're expecting a Thursday Direct for Japan so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.